Bastila Jedi Nerf ?

Prev13
Hi, anyone notice how it seems to be easier to debuff Bastila Jedi teams since the update ? Pain is sticking, Nihilus’ unique is inflicting health down all over the place. Is this intentional ?

Replies

• Options
    A guy on my shard captured this. First turn vs Jedit76wpc49bcfy.jpeg
  • Options
    It seems to be related to Bastila gear/star level. 7* G12, can’t land a debuff. Less than 7*, they are toast.
  • Options
    Oh dear, they broke her again
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Bastila's ability description has not changed. What are his mods like? It was possible before. Just didn't happen often, because tenacity/potency was so imbalanced that quite frequently nobody bothered to mod for either. Bastila lead may have forced some to re-mod. If that Jedi team has no tenacity mods, and the Palpatine team is modded heavily for potency, that screenshot would be easy to achieve.
  • Options
    They didn't nerf bastila..... They made.potency mods worthwhile.....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Stop spreading misinformation. That update hasn't gone live yet. It was pulled back.

And yes, it does seem there has been a silent nerf. They obviously won't admit, but yeah. Many people are claiming they have nerfed her. I believe so too after playing around with her for a while.

And no, no one has used potency mods. In my case atleast.
    518 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    People are just forgetting that having 150 tenacity more doesn’t mean that you won’t get debuffed. It means that you’ll decrease the chance of getting debuffed, not making it impossible.
    If also means that Palp is giving 35% potency and that Sith are around 50% potency except maybe Vader and Sidious. That’s already 85%, with proper mods you can be 99% which would reduce the gap between ~180-200 tenacity.

That being said, my Palp is 88% potency and DN/Sion are 50% without working it that much and without gear 12 for the 2 last of them.
  • Options
    I hope she didn't got nerfed, but I as well noticed more debuffs are landing...
  • Options
    The Sith in that screenshot are not deliberately modded for potency. +15% on EP and Sion to about 60% and +27% on DN to 85%. I accept that with rng some debuffs will stick now and again, but this is worse than that.
  • Options
    The Sith in that screenshot are not deliberately modded for potency. +15% on EP and Sion to about 60% and +27% on DN to 85%. I accept that with rng some debuffs will stick now and again, but this is worse than that.

From no debuffs to hardly** any debuffs sticking, to debuffs in such a frequency.

Idk how hard it could be to see she has been nerfed. Oh well; i hate these jedi anyway so maybe i'm glad.

But then again, after investing in the resources for them, and them nerfing something silently again after people invested in it. It's a cheap move and something i'd just expect from CG. ;D
  • Options
    I can’t be sure it’s anything, maybe it just is consistently bad rng or a mechanic I’m not understanding. Hence I was wondering if others are seeing this.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Stop spreading misinformation. That update hasn't gone live yet. It was pulled back.

And yes, it does seem there has been a silent nerf. They obviously won't admit, but yeah. Many people are claiming they have nerfed her. I believe so too after playing around with her for a while.

And no, no one has used potency mods. In my case atleast.

You're right. The mod changes haven't gone live. You're also spreading unproven disinformation by talking about a stealth nerf. I've not seen any difference other than one screenshot with above average numbers of debuffs. Don't make up something you don't have proof of. Feelings, or a thing that happened to someone this one time aren't proof.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    A guy on my shard captured this. First turn vs Jedit76wpc49bcfy.jpeg

Was this today?

It could just be a case of (I'll keep it clean) weird stuff weekend. You know, when folks have more time to play and bananas stuff occurs causing itchy wallets?

Just a theory.
  • Options
    Bananas day for me is always Thursday. I wake up and I'm always down in the 300's in arena. Never any other day of the week. Then it's a day-long slog to get back to my usual sub-200 payout spot that I target. Every other day of the week I hover around 185-225 ish...

I will say though that I've seen plenty of my FO debuffs landing through Bastila's bonus protection lately. I.e. KRU's tenacity down, Kylo healing immunity. Which makes everything else a joke so I'm not complaining much.
  • Options
    The debuffs really are sticking more..
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I have been in the top 100s with bastilla zeta lead since the day she came out.. would only drop ~25-30 ranks overnight.
    Today I logged on and was rank 345.. something happened..
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I fought 2 Bastila teams today and stuck no debuffs with force crush open in top 100.

The other possibility is people have just learned to fight them better.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I thought that might be it also.. Then I found and attacked someone I hit yesterday, with vastly different results. Yesterday I destroyed em, today I was annihilated. But it happens
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Options
    R...N...G!
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe, but check your mods stats
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Options
    Children children behave. There is no such thing as a stealth nerf. The game is WAI unless itmesses with our plans then we nerf becauae we can. Enjoy these moments as if they were your last.

Cordially

EA CG Mortal Combat Tournament Marketing Advisor.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying stealth nerf. I'm saying bits of mod update didn't get recalled. Double check everything, you might find some interesting changes like I did lol
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

... Not that I'm complaining
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Options
    I’ve noticed something with the marquee toons. When they come out, they are exceptional to play with. In arena Nest at 3* and Bastila at 4* had amazing rng. Their debuffs always landed, etc etc.
    Then once the moth is up and they get farmable, things change. The rng doesn’t seem to favor them anymore. Now I have a 7* g12 max Bastila and Nest and they have been modded the same way since they were unlocked.
    They are still great toons but no where near as op as they we’re when first unlocked.

Take Bastila for example, vs the sith traya teams, sion could go a few times and not land pain. Now he’s landing it on his opening move on atleast 1 or 2 Jedi. EP starts to stun. It’s still a fight you can win but there is a difference.

I don’t think nerf is the appropriate word, it’s just marketing. Make it look great so people buy it, technically they are great toons if all the rng leans in their favor. Then when they are out and farmable, the rng falters a little and they go from great to good toons.

A little food for thought
  • Options
    I pushed into to 30 (I was 100-ish before I moved to Jedi) with her yesterday....and have drifted to 40...

Mods are the key - Decent Speed, Decent Tenacity and Offence/CC —> dead Sith.
    Top 25 I note Sith with Speed sets with high speed secondaries and insane Potency. Our number 1 spot is currently a zzEP lead! But his whole squads MODS are absolutely insane! Streets better than anyone else on the shard.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

And that is why tenacity is kitten. So lets look at these numbers.
    DN has 85% potency + 35% from EP lead.
    85+35= 120% potency
    Let's say base tenacity of 30%
    150 + 30 = 180% tenacity
    180% - 120% = 60% chance to resist.

With Jedi taking many turns DN is gonna land that health down on them.

Tenacity is to easy to overcome.
  • Options
    Bastila was stealth nerfed, end of story.