Elephant in the Room - Zeta Crunch

Prev13
AndySCovell
770 posts Member
edited August 2018
Zetas are one of the most important mats to get into the entire game. They affect Ship stats, can take a team from zero to nothing. They help with unique counters and allows us to Zeta the “not so desirable toons” at the moment (example Dengar or Paploo) to push good teams and make them better. Here is the problem. You don’t want wayyy too many Zeta mats going out as this will make Zetas not as useful. But the Zeta farm even with additional MT and Wicket events are helping but not enough.

Marquees are coming out fast which I am not complaining about. But this is a business, right? If marquees keep coming out and you want us to buy them, we want to have the ability to Zeta them. We won’t buy most toons if we don’t plan on using them in the future. It’s impossible to do so when New marquees keep coming our newer and better than the last which staying on target is harder. We either need a New drop event like A Wicket and Talzin every week or, may I suggest something bold?

Make the fleet ability mats battles where you will get between 1-2 Zeta mats per battle. This would guarantee 2 Zeta mats at minimum a 3 times a week; with at least 6 a week. That means we would have almost a full Zeta in three weeks. Before someone says that’s too fast consider this.

In the last two months, there are 10 Zetas you would need to fully Zeta them (BH and Old Republic). So it would take 2 months to maybe get 3 of those Zetas. We still will never catch up and that’s okay. We want to still make choices but by not having enough Zeta mats you force us to hold onto Zetas and just wait for Legendary events so we don’t miss the powerful Meta toons, while not buying and ignoring all the other toons. We go back to cookie cutter squads without diversity. We need more Zeta mats. The 1-4 Zeta mats would stop the zero Zeta mats not showing up too. This would help the player base greatly and add more diversity as people would buy more toons and gear the not so used ones to try new strategies with them. Please help us keep making this game better!!!

Replies

• Options
    I’ve said for a long time now that the omega/zeta crunch has significantly reduced the amount of money I spend. Almost every new characters needs a zeta. Why would I spend on these characters to Star or gear them up when I’m already earning gear faster than I am ability materials?
  • Options
    I personally believed that at first but now that I'm using fleet currency in getting full zetas about every 2 weeks so it's not bad now. But you have to remember, they are game changing and I don't think increasing the rate at which you get them would help, I think it would hurt more.

It’s hard sometimes even farming them to get them. I went two weeks without a Zeta mats in battles. So that doesn’t help.

But let’s say you are super lucky: you get 2 a month consistently (not once in a while but every month).

That would get you 4 in 2 months. They already have 10 Zeta toons you need to do on average every 2 months now plus legendaries. Now keep piling on new marquees and legendaries. It’s like compound interest.

Instead of being ahead you are overwhelmed and just holding onto Zetas for Legendaries or key toons your guild uses in TW.
  • Options
    I'm not arguing with the fact that zeta drop rates arent the greatest but I think zetas shouldn't be easy to acquire. They're hard to get for a reason, they make a huge difference in your characters/squads. If they just practically handed out zeta mats like candy then everybody would become op just like that. If people arent getting enough from the challenge then they could always choose to buy zeta mats with their fleet currency instead of ships or characters. That's what I do. I still get zero from the challenges a good bit but i can still do a zeta every 2-3 weeks
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I'm not arguing with the fact that zeta drop rates arent the greatest but I think zetas shouldn't be easy to acquire. They're hard to get for a reason, they make a huge difference in your characters/squads. If they just practically handed out zeta mats like candy then everybody would become op just like that. If people arent getting enough from the challenge then they could always choose to buy zeta mats with their fleet currency instead of ships or characters. That's what I do. I still get zero from the challenges a good bit but i can still do a zeta every 2-3 weeks

In my post I didn’t say to hand them out. I’m saying make it 1-2 on the battles for a Zeta mat. Like they do for the gear. They have a low and a high amount. So there is a chance
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Being good depending on RNG is why ppl hate the game not money not strat just bad RNG. I get 0 he rolled 4 wow he wins... meh and it wont even out because game will only run finite time... i got so many zeros so many times game will close before i could ever average out.... spending wont fix it so why spend
  • Options
    They are already 1-2 on fleet challenge and you still get a big fat 0 more than not. Zeta gain is not the issue. Finding 16 omegas to pair with the zeta while trying to develop viable teams is the challenge.

This game is about resource management. Hording and picking and choosing is the name of this game. Choose poorly and your fleet or teams suffer or you can’t unlock the legendary or heroes journey character.
  • Options
    You don't need to zeta and farm every toon.... You are confusing ng the word need with the word want.....

If Zetas were more readily available, they would widen the gap between whales and ftp, causing an imbalance.....
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you have bad RNG for zetas, I can understand the frustration. But zetas shouldn't be easy to get.

Moreover, every toon does not "require" a zeta, as BubbaFett said.

I know plenty of end game, non-whale players that earn 2-3 zetas a month...they don't know what to do with them. You don't just slap them on every toon that has a zeta ability.

Further, if you want zetas, farm the squads that give you them in the events (ewoks, NS, etc.)
  • Options
    2-3 zetas per month is a flat out lie. 1 is definitely doable. Super great month with events and getting a bunch of sets of 2 from the challenge could see but in no way every month. Plus all events that give them, give it out as rewards once then you just get omega after that. I would for sure go back to working on ships, which could make them more fun again, if we got more zetas from other areas of the game more often. But it does need to be balanced.
  • Options
    The crunch has always been mk3 carbanti and mk5 stun guns. Hasnt changed and likely never will.

• Options
    At one point it took me almost two months to get a full zeta completed. Then, within about three weeks I had another zeta ready to go. Last Friday I hit 20 pieces, though I had to buy two. But, today I'm already up to 12 pieces again after TW. So, within maybe a week (if the fleet challenges drops are kind) I could have another zeta ready.

It would've been nice not to have such a dry streak of course. The RNG has too broad of a possibility I think. If there was at least some check in the system to say, "hey, the RNG has screwed this person on zeta piece drops for 4 weeks now, hmm, better reset that and give him 3-4 for a couple events in a row!" then perhaps that'd be helpful? Just spit-balling here.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This is not an elephant in the room. It takes me roughly two weeks to get a zeta. You don’t need to zeta every single character. If you do want to
    zeta every character, then yes there is a zeta crunch. I’m sitting on a few because I have no one I want to spend the zeta on.
  • Options
    Tanuki wrote: »
    2-3 zetas per month is a flat out lie. 1 is definitely doable. Super great month with events and getting a bunch of sets of 2 from the challenge could see but in no way every month. Plus all events that give them, give it out as rewards once then you just get omega after that. I would for sure go back to working on ships, which could make them more fun again, if we got more zetas from other areas of the game more often. But it does need to be balanced.

2 to 3 zetas is very much possible. I put a zeta on my assaj a month ago. Maybe a few days past a month but since then I've done 2 zetas and I have 20 in the bank now for when i unlock treya. Whatever I get from the challenges plus all my fleet currency goes to it and tw payout I get 2-3. I did the talzin event this past time too but I did manage to get 60 zeta mats in the past month
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

First in fleet would get you 27 zeta mats a month.

Win in TW at 120M +, is 12 a month.

That's 39, which is almost 2 full zetas.

With a possible (and very unlikely) 6 a week from challenges being 24.

So 39-63, or 2-3 full ones.

2 a month is very doable and up to 3 is possible and with the extra from last month rolling in and a few random events it all seems slightly more likely. So his statement of 2-3 is not as off the mark as you make it sound.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I seem to be building up zetas faster than I am building up and gearing toons.

But this is the best way to look at it.>>
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    You don't need to zeta and farm every toon.... You are confusing ng the word need with the word want.....

If Zetas were more readily available, they would widen the gap between whales and ftp, causing an imbalance.....

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

2 a month is very doable and up to 3 is possible and with the extra from last month rolling in and a few random events it all seems slightly more likely. So his statement of 2-3 is not as off the mark as you make it sound.

True and you forgot the zetas from the daily login ;)
    Gearing and farming characters takes much longer than getting their zetas ready. I'd almost argue that omegas are a bigger crunch right now.
  • Options

And if you arent first in Fleet Arena and keep getting locked out of top 20 what then?
  • Options
    Also I guess the bigger problem here isn’t the guarantee of at least one Zeta mats for fleet challenges. If that were fixed and you were always able to get at least one 3 days a week that would be better.
  • Options

And if you arent first in Fleet Arena and keep getting locked out of top 20 what then?

I'm maybe in to 200 to 400's in fleet every day. Just make sure I'm in top 500 at the moment
  • Options
    Zetas are special.... You can't buy/whale on them, you need to make choices where to put them and they make a huge difference when used correctly.....

It's an awesome part of the game......

Shift your mind away from "I need this", to "yes, I have a zeta...... Where can I put it to make the most difference'..... And, solute yourself for the accomplishment of getting one....
  • Options
    From my last zeta it took 11days to get the 20zeta mats. Not bad at all I would say
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Zetas are one of the most important mats to get into the entire game. They affect Ship stats, can take a team from zero to nothing. They help with unique counters and allows us to Zeta the “not so desirable toons” at the moment (example Dengar or Paploo) to push good teams and make them better. Here is the problem. You don’t want wayyy too many Zeta mats going out as this will make Zetas not as useful. But the Zeta farm even with additional MT and Wicket events are helping but not enough.

Marquees are coming out fast which I am not complaining about. But this is a business, right? If marquees keep coming out and you want us to buy them, we want to have the ability to Zeta them. We won’t buy most toons if we don’t plan on using them in the future. It’s impossible to do so when New marquees keep coming our newer and better than the last which staying on target is harder. We either need a New drop event like A Wicket and Talzin every week or, may I suggest something bold?

Make the fleet ability mats battles where you will get between 1-2 Zeta mats per battle. This would guarantee 2 Zeta mats at minimum a 3 times a week; with at least 6 a week. That means we would have almost a full Zeta in three weeks. Before someone says that’s too fast consider this.

In the last two months, there are 10 Zetas you would need to fully Zeta them (BH and Old Republic). So it would take 2 months to maybe get 3 of those Zetas. We still will never catch up and that’s okay. We want to still make choices but by not having enough Zeta mats you force us to hold onto Zetas and just wait for Legendary events so we don’t miss the powerful Meta toons, while not buying and ignoring all the other toons. We go back to cookie cutter squads without diversity. We need more Zeta mats. The 1-4 Zeta mats would stop the zero Zeta mats not showing up too. This would help the player base greatly and add more diversity as people would buy more toons and gear the not so used ones to try new strategies with them. Please help us keep making this game better!!!

Im confused about the opening statement “ zetas can take a team from zero to nothing”. What does that mean? Seems you have a rival with more zetas but the truth is you have just as many opportunities as they do to earn them. Thats a level playing field, you’re asking for it to be faster, but it’s already level. Yes choose wisely who you zeta all the toons dont need them as you stated.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    Options

You also forgot the talzin event which is at least 2 max of 4 each day and runs for 2 days. If you don't have a 7 star talzin then get her on farm. Not only is she good in pretty much every game mode but just having her 7 star is free zeta's
  • Options
    Woie wrote: »

You also forgot the talzin event which is at least 2 max of 4 each day and runs for 2 days. If you don't have a 7 star talzin then get her on farm. Not only is she good in pretty much every game mode but just having her 7 star is free zeta's

Wicket too! 7* him and you get more zetas!
  • Options
    Stop slapping zeta mats on every Tom **** and Hairy character. This is a resource management game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Top—50 still receive 1300 currency. Not bad at all.
  • Options
    I'm almost always in top20 fleet arena, occasionally get bounced into the 20s just before payout. (I'm never in the top7). There's a huge amount of stuff to collect besides zetas in the Fleet store. I've only just begun switching over to zeta-primary collecting. Yeah, that's 15+ per month, there's an average of about 12 per month from challenges (1 per day the challenge runs is about average). Add in 8/month guaranteed from 4 TWs if you're in a good guild with up to 4 more bonus for wins in TW, you're right about 40/month.

So I'm expecting 2/month going forward, though I only just hit that pace. On rare occasions things go faster: I just finished the Mythic bb8 tier for the first time, so there was a bonus 3 zeta mats this weekend. That sort of thing. I just finished a zeta on Thursday & I have 11 mats today. Obviously that's not normal and includes 3 special mats from the mythic event, but I can see whales and others who have really well developed rosters (my ewoks are terrible) getting 3 zetas in a month.

To me, this is all about right. What's wrong to me is the slicing materials thing. They seem to be thinking that you can be okay with upgrading 1 mod per month from Gold => 6Dot. Given that you also have to get your mods up to gold (most of my best mods are actually Blue, since there was a 1-in-4 chance of any Blue mod with speed secondary to get 2 x speed upgrades, 3 dollops of speed total), you're talking about getting one mod per what? Two months?

How long does it take a toon to go from 0 gear to g12 if you put all of your gear resources into one toon? About a month? Maybe less?

Whatever that number is, and I expect EA/CG has data on that, It should take that long to upgrade SIX gold mods to 6-Dot if all your mod-resources go to slicing materials. It shouldn't take longer to take a toon with 6 x 5-Dot mods => 6 x 6-Dot mods than it does to take a toon from no gear to g12. In fact, in my opinion, it should take less. You already had to spend forever farming just the right mods to begin with. This is more like going from g10 = > g12.

So, no, I'm not fussed with zetas. OF COURSE I wish I had more, and if EA sent me 150 bonus zeta mats and gave all y'all nothing so that I could get a leg up in Arena on all those folks who aren't EA's favorites, I can state as fact that I wouldn't turn those zetas down.

But I'm fine with zeta rates. I wish fewer toons required a zeta to make them awesome (GK is a great toon with no zetas), but the zeta rate itself is fine.