Elephant in the Room - Zeta Crunch

Replies

• Options
    I think the Devs decision on Zetas depends on how many meta teams they want people to have.

If Zetas were easy then everyone would maybe 3 or 4 teams able to switch back and forth. On one hand, it would cause less drama around meta teams - you would easily switch if some nerf happened or new team was introduced. On the other, there would be less reason to invest in a new meta team and spend money if everyone was going to catch up fast as F2P. For now, it seems like CG wants to limit the game to just one or two meta teams at a time.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Zetas are one of the most important mats to get into the entire game. They affect Ship stats, can take a team from zero to nothing. They help with unique counters and allows us to Zeta the “not so desirable toons” at the moment (example Dengar or Paploo) to push good teams and make them better. Here is the problem. You don’t want wayyy too many Zeta mats going out as this will make Zetas not as useful. But the Zeta farm even with additional MT and Wicket events are helping but not enough.

Marquees are coming out fast which I am not complaining about. But this is a business, right? If marquees keep coming out and you want us to buy them, we want to have the ability to Zeta them. We won’t buy most toons if we don’t plan on using them in the future. It’s impossible to do so when New marquees keep coming our newer and better than the last which staying on target is harder. We either need a New drop event like A Wicket and Talzin every week or, may I suggest something bold?

Make the fleet ability mats battles where you will get between 1-2 Zeta mats per battle. This would guarantee 2 Zeta mats at minimum a 3 times a week; with at least 6 a week. That means we would have almost a full Zeta in three weeks. Before someone says that’s too fast consider this.

In the last two months, there are 10 Zetas you would need to fully Zeta them (BH and Old Republic). So it would take 2 months to maybe get 3 of those Zetas. We still will never catch up and that’s okay. We want to still make choices but by not having enough Zeta mats you force us to hold onto Zetas and just wait for Legendary events so we don’t miss the powerful Meta toons, while not buying and ignoring all the other toons. We go back to cookie cutter squads without diversity. We need more Zeta mats. The 1-4 Zeta mats would stop the zero Zeta mats not showing up too. This would help the player base greatly and add more diversity as people would buy more toons and gear the not so used ones to try new strategies with them. Please help us keep making this game better!!!

Im confused about the opening statement “ zetas can take a team from zero to nothing”. What does that mean? Seems you have a rival with more zetas but the truth is you have just as many opportunities as they do to earn them. Thats a level playing field, you’re asking for it to be faster, but it’s already level. Yes choose wisely who you zeta all the toons dont need them as you stated.

FO NO ZETA.....CRAP.
    FO one zeta semi uber.

I think you do not play the game much. Or dont learn easily.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think you don’t understand what the difference between zero and nothing is. Spoiler its the same. I also said you have to choose what characters to put them on . You dont need to zeta every character.
  • Options
    That was a good catch, @3pourr2

Don't know why @Chicagotarsier didn't get that one.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Because forums are located near bridges and sometimes creatures live near by.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Three weeks without a fleet challenge Zeta mat showing up? Like seriously? 9 challenges in a row without a mat? I mean you have got to be kidding me.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    My zeta's come much faster than my gear.
  • Options
    Omegas are way worse...
  • Options
    I agree with the publischer of this thread.
    Lack of Zetas is a big nuisance for me.
    Too many toons need 1 or 2 Zeta.
    Even 2-3 Zetas per month are not enough.
    I will not buy any more toons by Marquee events in the future
    and this is the reason!
  • Options
    The real problem is there are zeta abilities worth maybe 5 or 10 materials, but certainly not 20.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Your post assumes you should be able to zeta every character - isn't the best bit about zetas being that because they are so rare you have to choose very carefully who you use it on? That said, I'm on 1 every 2 weeks consistently and it's the accompanying mats I normally have to wait for. I've also started always having a "back up" zeta for any reworks that come along. That's been more useful.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Omegas are way worse...

Yup. I have 65 zetas and only 41 omegas. Would take another source of omegas over zetas at the moment.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Omegas are way worse...

Yup. I have 65 zetas and only 41 omegas. Would take another source of omegas over zetas at the moment.

Same here, I'm getting so many zetas but not enough omegas to the point where there is no point buying zetas from Fleet shop anymore.
  • Options
    There is no zeta or omega crunch. Gear crunch is the real problem.
    A zeta every two weeks is fine you also get enough omegas in 2 weeks also

I have characters on Gear 11 who I cannot omega because I might need the few I have for someone coming down the line. So yeah, omega crunch is real (I am in the same boat where I got 100ish zetas and only around 40 omegas).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kriesha wrote: »

I have characters on Gear 11 who I cannot omega because I might need the few I have for someone coming down the line. So yeah, omega crunch is real (I am in the same boat where I got 100ish zetas and only around 40 omegas).

e0rl0kit4qn9.jpg

Not every toon needs an omega either.

It's all about management and making "hard choices".
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Tanuki wrote: »
    2-3 zetas per month is a flat out lie. 1 is definitely doable. Super great month with events and getting a bunch of sets of 2 from the challenge could see but in no way every month. Plus all events that give them, give it out as rewards once then you just get omega after that. I would for sure go back to working on ships, which could make them more fun again, if we got more zetas from other areas of the game more often. But it does need to be balanced.

First in fleet would get you 27 zeta mats a month.

Win in TW at 120M +, is 12 a month.

That's 39, which is almost 2 full zetas.

With a possible (and very unlikely) 6 a week from challenges being 24.

So 39-63, or 2-3 full ones.

2 a month is very doable and up to 3 is possible and with the extra from last month rolling in and a few random events it all seems slightly more likely. So his statement of 2-3 is not as off the mark as you make it sound.

And if you arent first in Fleet Arena and keep getting locked out of top 20 what then?

Build a better fleet
  • Options
    I’m at 3 zetas since beginning of July til now, been getting 0 everytime the ship challenge is up except those 3 which was 1 at a time throughout this time period... Before that was getting decent amount each month, not sure what happened to turn my RNG so sour, I’ve even thought about farming the 2nd to last tier to see if my luck changes is how bad it is lol. If it weren’t for tw and fleet tokens/daily login for months end id prob have quit playing by now haha. So many others in my arena shard that started around same time as me have double and triple the amount of zeta characters and or saved mats than I do, and I’m not the only one there who been gettin shafted either. Just the unfortunate unlucky crap some of us have to deal with while playing ;) Will my rant help? Surely not but jus wanted to share y’all aren’t the only ones getting 0 or close to it.
  • Options
    I feel the omega crunch is worse.
  • Options
    It was early on, but after being top level for a few months they start to add up especially with all the marquees coming out and they keep dropping the omega packs even if u only grab a few it’ll help you out tons. Assuming you keep some crystal on stash for when these things pop up
  • Options
    2-3 zetas per month is a flat out lie. 1 is definitely doable. Super great month with events and getting a bunch of sets of 2 from the challenge could see but in no way every month. Plus all events that give them, give it out as rewards once then you just get omega after that. I would for sure go back to working on ships, which could make them more fun again, if we got more zetas from other areas of the game more often. But it does need to be balanced.

2 a month is very doable and up to 3 is possible and with the extra from last month rolling in and a few random events it all seems slightly more likely. So his statement of 2-3 is not as off the mark as you make it sound.

And if you arent first in Fleet Arena and keep getting locked out of top 20 what then?

Build a better fleet

I would be willing to bet I’m in a much more competitive fleet arena than you.

I know people who take 5 or better because their shard is dead. Mine most def isn’t. But thanks for the shade!
  • Options
    Thanks for the complaint thread though, I got 3 zeta mats in the ship challenges today! Plus the 1 from daily login, and if Poe's ship doesnt drop in the midday fleet refresh then I got 2000 ready for another purchase!
    I think 2 full zeta materials a month is a good rate. I kinda wish they had a zeta switching feature for characters who've fallen by the wayside (Savage for me) even if its something crazy like 500 crystals or 5M credits just to make sure it doesnt become like mods

When you don’t get Zeta mats for almost a month in fleet battles it def hurts for sure. While someone like you gets 2-3 a week. Lol
  • Options
    Zetas are fine at their current rates imho. Older players have amassed more of them so it seems like a bigger gap/crunch to some people. Zetas are not meant as something you can put everywhere and have all the best everything as soon as you hit 85 though. Also, as others said, the challenges are not a stable place for zetas and basically just bonus.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wish I was on a dead shard. :/ I’m surrounded by legendary sea monsters that seemingly throw down house mortgages every week. Meanwhile, guppies drown in their own kiddie pool.

This economic design is 100x worse than when the AH was in Diablo 3. We all know how that ended up. Same content over and over, with little rewards vs time invested - while p2w kept dominating charts. Devs practically killed their own game out of greed. Changing the economics by taking out the AH and improving drop rates didn’t save the game because it was too late. Damage done. Additionally, improved rates didn’t translate into quality. Just more garbage quantity.

Different game I know, but principles are the same simply due to the design of this game. It’s a repetitive loot grind system with very limited content. Most people who defend this system fall into four categories.

1) Legendary sea monsters.
    2) Old shard players who even as f2p have developed deep rosters.
    3) Those who had it hard, thus everyone should have it hard.
    4) Players new/old alike, with an elitist ego.
    - I can accomplish X easily, so you should be able to too. Yet, there’s only so much room in the ranking systems. Not everyone can be an elitist. We would all like to be top 10, 50, or even 100, though it can’t be done. We would all like to be top 3, or even 10 in raids. We would all like to be blessed enough to be in a top ranking guild.

Point is that for the vast majority to be successful; they needed to realize from the get-go that this “game” required the mentality of a career. Not just any career though. This career the employees pay the management, or work for bread and water (just enough to keep you going).

We’re more than organic meat bags with wallets. Just not to them.
    Post edited by Turvantus on
  • Options
    By the end of this week, I'll have another zeta. That will be my third zeta this month. And I don't even have the Ewok event up to get the zetas from that.

Omega crunch? I'd say more so than zeta crunch.
  • Options
    The crunch has always been mk3 carbanti and mk5 stun guns. Hasnt changed and likely never will.

this
  • Options

Build a better fleet

I would be willing to bet I’m in a much more competitive fleet arena than you.

I know people who take 5 or better because their shard is dead. Mine most def isn’t. But thanks for the shade!

That's hard to tell without looking at your shard. My shard has some mostly maxed fleets at the top. Some run geos some run biggs, tfp, and vader. Reinforcements vary but most ships have between 375,000 and 400,000. I can take 1st or top 5 at least most days.

But regardless, you have the same opportunity as the rest of your shard. It's your choice to spend resources or not on your fleet. If you choose not to, you get less fleet currency to buy zetas. The solution to not enough currency is still to build your fleet so you can win.