help with GW

Brom
236 posts Member
MB7WjLp.jpg

I'm level 54. How do I beat this?

Replies

• Options
    I dont know.

GW is most borring thing in the game. I'm 70lvl, but have not toons 70lvl et. but (if I go up at arena) I meet 5x70x7* squad in first fight. if I move to arena squad less then 9k power -I'll meet 5x70x7* squad in second (or few later) wave. I dont know how to win. All tales about "GW every day" with words "I'm top-1 / 10 / 50" - just fake. That's imposible.

now I can win 2-4 waves. but 80+ lvl-cap coming soon. GW will be closed for me. that's sad.
  • Options
    Hi @Brom. If you actually want some help we need to see your roster. If you posted this just to show how difficult GW is, then ok. It gets hard sometimes and hopefully will get fixed..
  • Jekiza
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sometimes the GW decides to throw you lemons. I failed on my last node today in the GW. My highest rated team a group of 59's with total rating 18049 and I faced this - all lvl 70 obviously -

7* Phasma 5150
    7* Old Daka 5547
    7* Sid 5464
    7* Lumi 5656
    7* GS 6169

For a squad with 11 lvls and 10K rating on me. I might have been able to fluke something out with a lot of effort but GS could basically one shot anyone and sid's AoE was painful. After dozen or so attempts I called it a day and will hope for some better luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jekiza wrote: »
    ..After dozen or so attempts I called it a day and will hope for some better luck tomorrow.

+1
  • Options
    Don't suicide your A team ... yet. From your screenshot, it looks like you have 1.8 days to power up. Are any heroes close to upgrading via shards or almost have a vital piece of equipment?

Probably won't make too much of a difference though, that Lumi is too strong lol
    Tekken 7
  • Options
    You can't, just throw your other teams if they kill one of them and hurt others to their health below yellow, you possibly have a little bit, very very little bit of chance to defeat them.

just forget today, expect tomorrow.

AIs in GW and Arena can do more damage and more evasion than you when you two get same grade characters. AI with higher level characters?
    you're doomed.
  • Options
    Welcome to my world.

Don't bother. An exercise in futility. You can thank the wonderful ppl at EA and CG for this brilliant matchmaking algorithm

• Options
    It happens. Treat it as a challenge. Not sure what you have for characters, but start with your 'B' team. Send them in to absorb the special attacks from the AI squad. Hopefully Poggle, Phasma, and Lumi use their specials on that squad. If you get any attacks off, try and hit the character you will kill first with your 'A' team. Once they are dead, bring in your 'A' team and see what you can do. My general strategy is to either take out their most dangerous character first, or their weakest. Not sure what you have for characters, but since that group doesn't have a super-strong attacker, I'd probably hit JC first as the weakest, and remove the chance that he heals that lvl 70 Lumi. Then I'd try and take her out. If you survive, kill the rest. Retreat as necessary and see if you can win. If not, reset and do it again tomorrow.

The bad GW pulls like this are just part of the game. My lvl 60 team hit an all lvl 70 team about 3/4 through GW last night. Tried a bunch of different things, and ended up killing 3 of the 5 before I died. It was still fun even though I lost.
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Hi @Brom. If you actually want some help we need to see your roster. If you posted this just to show how difficult GW is, then ok. It gets hard sometimes..

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Here's my roster
    3Uh6qPn.jpg
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    @brom to beat you are going to lose some characters.

You might be able to get GS and lumi to waste specials by sending in your 3 1* toons.

Send in your a team and see what the first 3 or 4 attacks the ai does. If it is specials retreat and send in your 3 or 4 1* charaters. One for each special the ai did in the beginning.

I would send in 5 lower levels to take out 1 of ai. Probably GS.

Then send in you top 5 to finish it off. Maybe try first with qgj as lead to give jc and luminous a speed advantage. Go after the healers first, lumi snice she hits harder than jc. If phasma calls VM. Take at least 2 hits at her to get rid of the advantage. I always save side air for this because dot count as an attack.

Also know you will probably not make it past the next node.
  • Options
    Scuba has some solid advice. At the risk of oversimplifying - gear up. Gear is more important than stars/level. Many players are tempted to think, for example, that a 4* level 51 character with blue gear is similar to a 4* level 51 with purple. Not really. Just read this:

swgohcantina.com/how-swgoh-character-gear-compares-with-star-promotions-and-training/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    So I sent in a suicide squad to absorb their specials then sent in my main team and I still had to sacrifice qgj to get past this node.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    2 nodes later, I have to face another level 70 team.
    kGxuPoq.jpg
  • Options
    Brom wrote: »
    2 nodes later, I have to face another level 70 team.
    kGxuPoq.jpg

Yeah, that bites. Unfortunately, until you have a fairly large roster to keep chucking suicide squads at them (or until you hit 70 yourself, and get at least one A team fully starred and leveled), this will happen sometimes. Just bad luck. Quite a few people in this thread have given some really good advice; I would say just follow their suggestions and hope for better matchmaking tomorrow.