Jedi team without GK (pt2)

Hi all,

I'm one of those maniacs who runs a pure Jedi team (for fun, not for #1 arena):
zGQJ, zzGMY, zEzra, Barriss, Ben
(https://swgoh.gg/u/petkenuke/collection/)

A few months ago I've asked for advice but there was the Yoda rework in the meantime and I just want to clarify things again. He is a solid member now, I wanted to replace him back then but he hits now like crazy.
(https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/168386/jedi-team-without-gk)
GK is still out of the question (our guild just failed on our first try), and Bastila wasn't my type, so I'm sticking to QGJ now.

Question is, shall I max out Hoda instead of Barriss? I've heard she is better with GK and Hoda is for QGJ. I have the latter at 6* so maybe it's enough already? I don't want to zeta Barriss if I should replace her anyways...
Or I should start working towards Bindo? Is he good with QGJ?
Usually the threads are for GK and I'm not sure who should I use as healer.

Thx!

Replies

• Options
    Petkenuke wrote: »
    Hi all,

A few months ago I've asked for advice but there was the Yoda rework in the meantime and I just want to clarify things again. He is a solid member now, I wanted to replace him back then but he hits now like crazy.
    (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/168386/jedi-team-without-gk)
    GK is still out of the question (our guild just failed on our first try), and Bastila wasn't my type, so I'm sticking to QGJ now.

Question is, shall I max out Hoda instead of Barriss? I've heard she is better with GK and Hoda is for QGJ. I have the latter at 6* so maybe it's enough already? I don't want to zeta Barriss if I should replace her anyways...

Thx!

She may not be your type, but zBastila even at 3* is the best lead you're going to get. Then it'd be ezra, gmy, old ben (with zeta on protector) and one other. Hoda ideally, but I've heard great things about jka. If it's arena, then is a healer really needed? If no Bastila, I'd use qgj as lead for the speed boost but I'd fear awful things would happen to your ranking, if that bothers you. Tw wise, we just had the enemy take 31 attempts against s zbastila, zgmy, zbarriss, ezra & gk squad, which was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Thx!

https://swgoh.gg/u/jejuzang/

I run a jedi team with Thrawn in the wildcard spot. That spot is being held for GK. zQGJ lead, zBarris, ZHyoda, zYoda, and ZThrawn, regularly drop me below 100 each day. Id say throw zBarris and zHyoda in there together for better defense. It also defends against Crits and gives you double healing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you refuse to use zBastilla as your leader instead of zQGJ, then using HY instead of Barriss is really the only advice I can give. HY can make your team regenerate protection, which Barriss doesn't. Furthermore, he equalizes health just like Barris and heals your team (not passively, though). On top of that he boosts both offense and defense of your characters through is un-dispellable buff. His kit is so much better than Barriss'.

(But really, the best advice would be to switch to zBastilla lead ASAP. Even without GK and HY you should be able to make it to top-100).
  • Options
    Well I'm not the hardcore pvp type, I'm usually around 3-400 and I really love how much quicker I am than other teams, Yoda hits like 7-8 times before half of their team (the other half is usually dead by that).
    I also love dodging everything (although I know that happens anyways bc of GMY).

For me Bastila was just a huge protection buff, which will be lost in the first few rounds anyways. At least that's what I noticed (from leader perspective), maybe I wasn't paying attention enough in the event.
    Also I can win against a Bastila lead far more easily than a QGJ lead. This is again around 3-400 so I have no idea about the top 100.
  • Options
    Well I'm not the hardcore pvp type, I'm usually around 3-400 and I really love how much quicker I am than other teams, Yoda hits like 7-8 times before half of their team (the other half is usually dead by that).
    I also love dodging everything (although I know that happens anyways bc of GMY).

For me Bastila was just a huge protection buff, which will be lost in the first few rounds anyways. At least that's what I noticed (from leader perspective), maybe I wasn't paying attention enough in the event.
    Also I can win against a Bastila lead far more easily than a QGJ lead. This is again around 3-400 so I have no idea about the top 100.

It's her zeta that does it. Massive protection & tenacity boost, plus your tank will automatically taunt at the start, so Old Ben is brilliant with this plus the protector zeta. Also gives 15% TM boost to all jedi so a 250 gmy will get more from that than a QGJ lead.
  • Options
    I don't think Hoda is worth it without his zeta. I was running zBastila, Hoda, zGM Yoda, Ezra and GK. Since you are mainly attacking Nightmare teams, GK is usually going to eat a fracture and you lose the taunt. If you have zeta Old Ben, then you are in better shape. Since I didn't have a zeta to spend on Hoda (and he wasn't geared enough anyways), I found more success with using both GK and Old Ben, even without a zeta on Old Ben. Granted, this isn't an option yet for the OP since he is weeks/months away from GK. I would think Old Ben is the better bet, especially if he can get off a mind trick before he is fractured.
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options

Define "first few rounds." It's additional protection equal to twice their max health on top of their normal health and protection. Couple this with lots of foresight and GK takes a while to get through. Even facing a Palp, that's an extra 10 turns against his unique damage. Five for Ezra or Old Ben. Anyway, the 150% tenacity boost, 15% starting tm, and pretaunt on Kenobi is huge. She also gives offense boosts and buffs.

But even without Bastila, I agree Hermit Yoda's kit is better offensively. Giving Master's Training (while cleansing) and calling the assists is a boon to damage, which Jedi need. He is a fast character who can heal protection and grant tm on basic.
  • Options
    Zeta Bastila, Zeta Hoda and climb away. I run zBastila/ zGMY / zHoda / GK / zEzra and usually only drop to the mid 20s. I do have Bastila 7*d, but that's more helpful in the Sith Raid than it is in arena.

I'd put the zeta on Bastila and Hoda before OB if you don't already have it. He loses his taunt so quickly against any team with Sion and Nihilus it doesn't really give you that much. Bastila's offensive buffs, given to GMY, then spread to the entire team is a beautiful thing to watch. Bastila is far and away the best jedi lead, and it's not close.

Do yourself a small favor and focus on mods for awhile. You have your best on your arena team, but you need some better speed secondaries across the entire team. They don't need to be +20, but everybody should have at least +10s on all spots but the arrow. Especially now that you can more easily get speed sets without having resistance. Also, OB is pretty tanky, especially with all that protection - mod him for speed, his TM reduction and ability block are great and make him arguably better than GK in that lineup.

• Options
    Bastila is too good to not focus on.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    GMYoda as lead is better than QGJ lead for now if you don't want to use Bastila. Bastila is nevertheless far better than the other Jedi leads.
    GMYoda, HYoda, zBen, Ezra, JKA is also a good team (that I use in TB since my Bastila is 4*). zBen now took the place of my maxed GK since he's better against Traya.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers everyone!

Bastila it is then. I'll start pouring my crystals into shipments if she's available. I was stocking up for occasions like this anyways.
    In the meantime I'll gear up Hoda, the next zeta will go there.
    Also it's good to know that Ben is a better (or at least not worse) tank than GK, and I'm not a lost cause without him... :P