152M vs 181M.

Prev1
Your matchmaking in territory wars is far off from being desirable. Here’s why:

I have been leader of Shadöwlands for close to two years. Last TW was our best match ever. We were matched with in our alliance with our West coast mirror image guild. It was the most exciting match up I’ve ever had as guild leader. Even though we lost in the last twelve minutes, it was the best experience in TW my guild has ever had.

Which leads us to this TW. My 152M GP guilds gets matched against Order 66 41st Division. A guild that is over 180M GP. This not even close to be fair, nor is it fun. Games in essence are suppose to be fun and this matchmaking experience has slapped the fun right out of it for us.

How can you guys justify giving us second place prizes when we don’t even have a chance in hell against these guys? I really hope you make things right to myself and my guildmates as none of us are happy. Many of us contemplate why even bother spending money anymore.

If you want more info or more complaints you know where to find me. I really hope you read this carefully and I suggest to you that you compensate myself and my guild mates for this huge bogus error on YOUR mistake. I haven’t even opened the TW since the offense phase has started because why would I submit myself to that horror.

Yours truly. Mol Acadia. Disgruntled Guild Leader. Please contact me with any questions as I’m looking forward to it.

Replies

• Options
    Couldn’t agree more Mol. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the game when all the time spent bettering your roster and working on strategy are for naught when you get an impossible matchup. I love TW when it’s a fair fight but on the flip side it’s very disappointing and dishesrtening when it’s an extremely unfair matchup.
  • Options
    Great service. Passing the buck to another dept usually makes the customers happy. b9g96y30q9rb.jpeg

• Options
    I agree with you 100% Mol, it was so depressing going into this battle. I always look forward to TW to show how awesome our guild works together, but when you see a matchup against a guild 30m over yours and with people that spends crazy money into the game it’s disheartening. Hopefully this will be heard and resolved!
  • Options
    This is truly ridiculous. Being in an alliance of 6 guilds we see the atrocious missmatching,but this one was truely outrageous.
  • Options
    As a TW focused guild, we have put a lot of time, MONEY and effort into our rosters for this event. We look forward to each TW and officers spend countless hours fine tuning the strategy to compete against an equally matched guild. For another guild (see above) to hold out members in order to gain a mismatch with another guild is outright cheating. If EA does nothing to fix this issue, then you are condoning “cheating” as a strategy to play this game.
  • Options
    totally agreed...
  • Options
    9uzbdsmpaspc.jpg
  • Options
    The matchmaking based on guild GP cannot work if you think about it only for 1 sec. On lower scale 3 guys with 4M GP would destroy 6 guys with 2M GP, it's pretty logic. The easy solution is to look a the average player GP from the each guild. Obviously I want some sort of compensation. I have put all my efforts in working on good squads for TW and i totally neglected the other aspects of the game. Results from that: no fun at all, and total waste of time and resources.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    considering they've accepted payments (via excessive in game purchases) to allow members of certain well-connected guilds to change their arena payout times to an hour of their choice, instructing them to sell it to their shard mates as a beta program, I would not hold your breath for any corrections to the matchmaking code as they pertain to sandbagging or favoring some of the more well connected high end guilds. We all know, after all, that the stream of insider knowledge about the utility of new content is not enough to give a competitive edge.
  • Lord_VADER
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    As TW lead for shadöwlands, I am extremely disappointed as well.
    We are extremely organized and efficient and work hard towards Territory Wars each day we play. It’s the game mode I enjoy the most.
    However, recently we have been matched up with guilds that have 10 million more GP than us.. or much higher but then they drop a few players to come to our bracket.
    -
    The system of matching guilds based off of GP NEEDS TO CHANGE. It allows for guilds to drop members and face a guild with a much weaker average GP than them.
    Our most recent matchup we faced a guild with an average of 3.6 M GP, they dropped 5 players to come to our bracket. Our average GP is 3.0 M. Our rosters can’t even come close to theirs. They have more squads.. more g12 gear.. more zetas.. more viable characters.. the list goes on.

I would suggest changing the system to matching for average GP within the guild. Then a little of compensation for if one guild is missing 4 or more members. It should be a “QUICK FIX.” And should be an immense priority to make the community happier. Take a pause on some other stuff and FIX territory wars!

- Lord Vader
  • Options
    BobaFadi wrote: »
    Obviously I want some sort of compensation. I have put all my efforts in working on good squads for TW and i totally neglected the other aspects of the game. Results from that: no fun at all, and total waste of time and resources.

That was your choice to focus TW though. What about everyone that focused arena? Shouldn't they get compensated? It wasn't their fault you chose to only focus one area of the game and fell behind in the others.
    There will always be better guild's out there that will beat yours, you can't win every single match unless everyone in your guild has maxed accounts.

I agree match making needs improving but complaining about being compensated because you lost to a guild that spent more time and resources beat you, either fairly or by having ppl sit out, doesn't help very much. If you want to win you can also have ppl sit out and be placed lower and then you'll have a much higher chance of winning.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    considering they've accepted payments (via excessive in game purchases) to allow members of certain well-connected guilds to change their arena payout times to an hour of their choice, instructing them to sell it to their shard mates as a beta program, I would not hold your breath for any corrections to the matchmaking code as they pertain to sandbagging or favoring some of the more well connected high end guilds. We all know, after all, that the stream of insider knowledge about the utility of new content is not enough to give a competitive edge.
  • Options
    Obviously I want some sort of compensation. I have put all my efforts in working on good squads for TW and i totally neglected the other aspects of the game. Results from that: no fun at all, and total waste of time and resources.

That was your choice to focus TW though. What about everyone that focused arena? Shouldn't they get compensated? It wasn't their fault you chose to only focus one area of the game and fell behind in the others.
    There will always be better guild's out there that will beat yours, you can't win every single match unless everyone in your guild has maxed accounts.

I agree match making needs improving but complaining about being compensated because you lost to a guild that spent more time and resources beat you, either fairly or by having ppl sit out, doesn't help very much. If you want to win you can also have ppl sit out and be placed lower and then you'll have a much higher chance of winning.

You’ve obviously missed the boat on this....we were match up -30M GP. Not -10GP. My guild has lost to better guilds and we’re absol ok with that. We’ve even beat “better” guilds down 10M GP and 30 more Traya than is. To put us against that much of a deficit is absurd and yes we deserve something. Why?? Second place is an AUTOMATIC in this situation. There is a NO Contest situation. This is like putting the LA Lakers against my high school basketball team. There’s no comparison.
  • Options
    well... considering they've accepted payments (via excessive in game purchases) to allow members of certain well-connected guilds to change their arena payout times to an hour of their choice, I would not hold your breath for any corrections to the matchmaking code as they pertain to sandbagging or favoring some of the more well connected high end guilds. We all know, after all, that the stream of insider knowledge about the utility of new content is not enough to give a competitive edge.
  • Options
    From EA: "Matchmaking seeks to create the most fair matchups, with two primary goals in mind:
    The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.
    The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power."
  • Options
    ^Makes me curious what they mean when they say "near the same average power". a 180m GP guild averages 3.6m GP, a 150m 3m GP, so your opponent has a 20% average power advantage and are at the highest level in the game.
  • Options
    Mol_Acadia wrote: »

You’ve obviously missed the boat on this....we were match up -30M GP. Not -10GP. My guild has lost to better guilds and we’re absol ok with that. We’ve even beat “better” guilds down 10M GP and 30 more Traya than is. To put us against that much of a deficit is absurd and yes we deserve something. Why?? Second place is an AUTOMATIC in this situation. There is a NO Contest situation. This is like putting the LA Lakers against my high school basketball team. There’s no comparison.

You've obviously missed the boat cause I wasn't replying to you.
    The guy I was replying to didn't say what their guild difference was. He was complaining because he chose to focus TW above every other area of the game.
    Just throw in 1 toon in each territory and let the other guild have it and move on or use the extra manpower to try and break through. You could also bench ppl and get 1st place in the lower tier if it means that much. I get the pride of being in a guild that keeps on winning cause of great strategy and team work, but if it's a lost cause then don't let it ruin your day and take the free rewards.
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I, for one, have completely stopped spending on TW-related content because TW outcome is predetermined by the matchmaking algorithm 75% of the time. Not even worth the trouble, you either get lucky with the draw or you don't and move on, maybe 25% of the matches are "even" enough to even bother with. When you start looking at the numbers, it's just a bad investment.
  • Options
    I've played in the same guild as Mol Acadia for years until recently, and tbh I'm glad I wasn't in the guild for this one. I've never seen him so frustrated as he loves the game especially TW. However, I completely undestand his frustration, as a fellow guild leader and player. If it was me I would be angry that my entire guild of 50 players, who have worked hard to be successful in TW, essentially waste their time in a two day event they have no hope of competing in. Something needs to change with the matchmaking, it's clear to see.
  • Options

The guy I was replying to didn't say what their guild difference was. He was complaining because he chose to focus TW above every other area of the game.
    Just throw in 1 toon in each territory and let the other guild have it and move on or use the extra manpower to try and break through. You could also bench ppl and get 1st place in the lower tier if it means that much. I get the pride of being in a guild that keeps on winning cause of great strategy and team work, but if it's a lost cause then don't let it ruin your day and take the free rewards.

And that’s why the guild youre in struggles. Sub-par leadership who doesn’t have core values. I won’t stoop down to unfair levels to win. On top of that I’d never ask members to sit out so they can’t collect zeta. That’s just stupid.
  • Options

And that’s why the guild youre in struggles. Sub-par leadership who doesn’t have core values. I won’t stoop down to unfair levels to win. On top of that I’d never ask members to sit out so they can’t collect zeta. That’s just ****.

Actually the guild I'm in doesn't struggle. We've won the last 12 TW. I care greatly about my members and have great core values. You need to realize this is a game, I've made a lot of friends through it and it is really fun, but if you get so frustrated you might want to rethink your life and find another place to put your focus for a bit, might a suggest painting or school?
  • Options

And that’s why the guild youre in struggles. Sub-par leadership who doesn’t have core values. I won’t stoop down to unfair levels to win. On top of that I’d never ask members to sit out so they can’t collect zeta. That’s just ****.

Also, you're the one struggling right now not me. So what does that say about your guilds leadership? :wink:
    Also, don't ask a memher to sit out, sit out yourself. Set the example that way. If you're that hurting for a zeta mat then you might want to set up your fleet game
  • Options

You missed the point. As a guild, we decided to focus on TW and the consequence is I put less effort in other aspect of the game. I really don't mind that and i'm not complaining about this. It's all good as long as TW stay fun and relatively fair, otherwise we are wasting are time.
  • Options

You missed the point. As a guild, we decided to focus on TW and the consequence is I put less effort in other aspect of the game. I really don't mind that and i'm not complaining about this. It's all good as long as TW stay fun and relatively fair, otherwise we are wasting are time.

I didn't miss the point if you specifically stated " I put all my effort into making good teams for TW and I totally neglected other aspects of the game" that's YOU not your guild, you didn't say that in the beginning.
    If you make good TW teams then you should have good arena and fleet teams that keep you top 200 or better. Saying you should be compensated more than the second place prize sounded like complaining to me, but I may have just read it wrong, if I did then I apologize.

But you can't really waste your time building teams because each faction will be needed at some point for legendaries, TB and HJ. Yes it may feel like a waste of time in the moment but unless you have more losses than wins it's paid off.
  • Options
    n6hfu9ebiji5.jpeg
  • Options
    n6hfu9ebiji5.jpeg

Oh do you need a safe space from the a differing opinion?
  • Options
    I need you to work on your grammar and find something else better to do than troll this post. This was a serious posting from a serious guild and not your so called guild with 17 profiles on GG. I don’t even know why people like you even bother tbh. My guild has been full at 50 for months. I must be a horrible leader if everyone sticks around. I’m just doing what’s right for my players. Your 12 wins in a row come from a much lower bracket. We don’t cheat the system.
  • Options
    You don't need me to do anything, you'd like me to do it. Your grammer could also use some work.
    I was giving my serious opinion and you decided to attack me when I was wasn't responding to you.
    Oh cause GG means everything. You said you're in alliance so you don't need to find people. Everyone sticks around in my guild also unless they dont follow rules, so what's your point? People like me? What would those people be?

We don't cheat the system either so again what's your point? You know nothing about my guild so I don't see why your trying to attack it.
  • Options
    How bout this homie? Me and you put a specially request to EA and ask for our guilds to go head to head in TW?
  • Options
    How bout this homie? Me and you put a specially request to EA and ask for our guilds to go head to head in TW?

No cause then that would be the "cheating" you're so against.