5 Bounty Hunters

The only 5 Bounty Hunters I could possibly have to 7* before Chewie comes out, regardless of when it is in the near future, are Boba, IG-88, Zam, Cad Bane, and Greedo. I already have Boba, IG-88, and Cad at 7* and would have to go ALL IN to finish Zam (ditch all other Shipments for her and only farm Tier 5 hard nodes), but there's no way I could finish anyone else close. Gear would be 9-11 around the board. Is that worth it, or should I just be content not having Chewie for a while until I can get new BH up to 7*?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s ok to focus on getting as much as you can now then getting him the second time around. You’ll actually know the difficulty level and can properly prepare.
  • Options
    I think the big decider is if you have the rebel synergies to make the most of chewie. For me it's worth it to go all in because he has perfect synergy with my arena team.

If chewie would just fit into pve teams for you it's probably not worth it and you are probably better served waiting to hear what the last tier is like and farming accordingly.
  • Options
    I think the big decider is if you have the rebel synergies to make the most of chewie. For me it's worth it to go all in because he has perfect synergy with my arena team.

If chewie would just fit into pve teams for you it's probably not worth it and you are probably better served waiting to hear what the last tier is like and farming accordingly.

I went full Rebels, so yea. Have we had a kit reveal to know what those synergies are?
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    It’s ok to focus on getting as much as you can now then getting him the second time around. You’ll actually know the difficulty level and can properly prepare.

My question was more meant to ask if my lineup of BH can possibly get Chewie, but I guess we don't really know yet!
  • Options
    Kit reveal here.
    Also, BHs are useful for TBs and Galactic bounties, so it's definitely not a wasted investment.
  • Options
    If you can get Zam to 7* and geared dont dismiss her as lead. Pretty good with all the bombs. Lots of extra damange. But remember, only need 5* toons to at least unlock Chewie (unless they change that of course). I'll be running with Bossk(L), Boba, IG, Greedo and Zam. I'm going for 7* chewie but we will see. I took a shot and went hard at Boosk (have 7* G12) I might zeta his lead jsut to give myself the best chance but will see if needed before doing it.
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    The only 5 Bounty Hunters I could possibly have to 7* before Chewie comes out, regardless of when it is in the near future, are Boba, IG-88, Zam, Cad Bane, and Greedo. I already have Boba, IG-88, and Cad at 7* and would have to go ALL IN to finish Zam (ditch all other Shipments for her and only farm Tier 5 hard nodes), but there's no way I could finish anyone else close. Gear would be 9-11 around the board. Is that worth it, or should I just be content not having Chewie for a while until I can get new BH up to 7*?

Based on my prior experiences with this game - no, you won't be able to get him with what you have right now. However, I'm pretty sure there will be a BH pack for sale to help you get there. The only remaining question is how much crystals are you willing to spend on gear.

If I was the one making choices @ CG, I'd make this event easier rather than harder to restore at least some goodwill towards the game. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Options
    You can still get a 5* chewi and if he’s like traya and Bastila I’m sure he will be able to play in arena at 5*
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kit reveal here.
    Also, BHs are useful for TBs and Galactic bounties, so it's definitely not a wasted investment.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Zam is great, shes also harder to kill in A Bossk TW team too
  • Options
    Why do you want 7* though? Legendaries are usually unlockable at 5*, right?
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    Why do you want 7* though? Legendaries are usually unlockable at 5*, right?

Because 7* is better lol. I’m probably not going to get Chewie to 7* first time around, but I’d like to so I can go back to focusing on farming toons I need for other things like HSTR. Plus if Chewie is going to be needed for an eventual Hero’s Journey, it would be nice (i.e., less stressful) to get him out of the way early.
  • Options
    My main hope is that my BHs will be up to snuff for this “hard” event. I have Boba at g11, IG88 at g9, Greedo at g9, Cad at g8 (will be 9 before the event hopefully), all at 7*. Bossk at g11 at 5*. I know Cad isn’t the greatest but he’s the only one I could star up in time because I had GW tokens hoarded for the shard shop. Zam and Dengar wouldn’t have come close.

I’m going to move my best mods to them for the event and hope for the beat.
  • Options
    Cad is actually pretty boss now and can put out 30-40k damage on a double tap. He does almost as much damage as Greedo and Embo in Sith Raid.
    Dont underestimate him.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Cad is actually pretty boss now and can put out 30-40k damage on a double tap. He does almost as much damage as Greedo and Embo in Sith Raid.
    Dont underestimate him.

That actually makes me feel better lol
  • Options
    With that team composition I'd suggest to use boba as leader. Throw greenades with greedo or zam but not with both at the same time. Use zam to explode the greenades with his basic one after another. He gets 100% turn meter each time and all other bounty hunters get 15% due to boba lead.

Since enemy tanks can kill this strategy save greedos second special and bobas execute to debuff taunting tanks.

Keep all enemies debuffed for extra speed (from boba lead) using ig88s and bobas aoe attacks when both greenade abilities are in cooldown.

Get all team members to gear 9 and load them with life and potency (additional life due to boba lead) mods (in addition to speed of course). Dead team members are also fatal to this strategy, because zam won't get 100% turn meter if one or more allies are dead.

After taking the complete team to gear 9, I would focus on greedo, because he is the best damage dealer of the team.

If thats enough, nobody knows. It's always a good idea to save some gear and crystals. So you can adjust your team while the event is runnig.
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »

I went full Rebels, so yea. Have we had a kit reveal to know what those synergies are?

He has synergy with Raid Han, CLS, R2 and Old Ben. For me that's a boon since it's my arena team (5th spot taken by Thrawn).

As others noted BH are useful for TB and PvE content so it isn't wasted investment even if you don't get 7* chewie this time around. If you can get everyone to g9 you might have a shot with swapping on your arena mods. No one knows for sure though and for all we know by "difficult" they mean "only g12+ BH teams of any combo can 7* Chewie." In that regard I wouldn't throw buckets 'o cash at trying to 7* a BH team yet. It however can't hurt to give it your best shot to 7* 5 BH on the chance that g9 is enough with good mods. At the very least you'll be a step ahead when it comes to the next round of the legendary.

I think it also comes down to if you can omega and zeta key abilities on your toons. If you can't do that I'm pretty sure 7* is out of reach. There are a ton of things in play that determine whether or not you can actually beat the final tier.
  • Options
    Without zbossk I believe this event is going to be extremely difficult. Bh are way too squishy.
  • Options
    Without zbossk I believe this event is going to be extremely difficult. Bh are way too squishy.

I think Bossk lead will actually make it harder because Chewbacca guards the weakest ally which happens to be Bossk's contract target. Which again will be behind Old Ben or any tank they decide to throw in there.
    As for Boba's contract, it's the same deal pretty much since Han shots first and he will be behind tank...
    This is why Jango will make it easy, his contract is just shooting a debuffed enemy, which might be the tank as well. Be it shot it many times, but still.
  • Options
    @Weequay Zam's Toon is female. 😂
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Options
    When is the event? This weekend?
  • Options
    When legends come out its not meant for everyone to get him! Sometimes 2 or 3 times to get them!
  • Options
    Curious if there is going to be a few warmup stages before hitting chewie, as that would make it a lot easier to fulfill the payout. I could see the 7* tier being one stage, which would make it a lot harder to get the payout depending on the lead you choose. Han solo will almost certainly be there, and he'll be guarded and shoot first, which could make BF lead payout tough. Same logic applies to bossk as Xezee pointed out. BHs are a lot less effective pre-payout, and fighting han and chewie while working towards it could be a struggle in itself.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m