I hope Revan will not be a Raid character!

Prev1
I've seen the video and the fact that Hero is highlighted makes me hope its a heros journey and not a raid character!

WHY?

Because then its likely that it will be similar to Traya and Traya is mostly farmable by high rank guilds. My guild is pretty good but we are not even near geting the Sith Raid on horoic down.

I'm waiting so long for Revan and I started farming the Kotor Toons since its possible to be ready. I do that because a lot Youtubers pointed out that the 5 Kotor toons are most likely there to obtain Revan in a heros journey and that makes a lot sense. To farm them hard and then finding out its for nothing and then I cant even get Revan would be very very very sad for me.

So I hope the video shows the heros journey of Jedi Revan!

Replies

• Options
    Looks like a heroic event to me, like talzin/wicket - requiring old republic characters.
  • Options
    At least he won’t be a marquee event. So that’s a plus.
  • Options
    Well even if it's a hero journey or any other event this will require old republic toons who's just get farmable so a p2p event in the end.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Heroic event will be cool
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like a heroic event to me, like talzin/wicket - requiring old republic characters.

Didn't heroic events fall out of favor? But I could see some variation of them, possibly with increased rewards and difficulty. If I remember correctly, the slow rate of acquisition was the main strike against them.
    Also, for a heroic, we might not need them 7*, so fingers crossed!
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Much rather have a heroic, if its a raid then my farming for old republic toons has been a waste. And sith raid wasnt that long ago, plus it means my guild wouldnt take part in it for at least year and a half/2 years.
  • Options
    i actually hope it will be...
    a new tier to the rancor raid ultra heroic like almost everyone has been asking for how long now.

"Some say they are products of Sith alchemy. Others think they were simply rancors twisted with dark-side energy. Regardless, they are aggressive and deadly."
    ―Luke Skywalker
  • Manolo_GER
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    a new tier to the rancor raid ultra heroic like almost everyone has been asking for how long now.

"Some say they are products of Sith alchemy. Others think they were simply rancors twisted with dark-side energy. Regardless, they are aggressive and deadly."
    ―Luke Skywalker

I dont think it would be farmable as the rancor raid and raids are always benefit the players that are already very strong. A heros journey or similar can be farmed for everyone at the same rate and everyone has the same chance to get Revan. That is much more fair then a raid. If you make it a raid then people will start leaving there guilds to get a guild that can farm the character or where they get a better ranking in the raid. Stuff like that destroys a good game...
  • Options
    Raid.
    I want it to be a raid.
    One that doesn't require Kotor toons would be even better 😉
  • Options
    NasRegal wrote: »
    Raid.
    I want it to be a raid.

why would they bring exactly 5 kotor toons in the game if not for Revan? Any Revan event without the kotor toons would be ridiculous.
  • Options
    I hope it will be a new tier for the Rancor or a new raid like it. A good alternative for guilds where all players have Han at 7*, so they can farm a new toon. The heroes journey will be for DarthRevan. This could be jedi revan.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Manolo_GER wrote: »
    Raid.
    I want it to be a raid.

why would they bring exactly 5 kotor toons in the game if not for Revan? Any Revan event without the kotor toons would be ridiculous.

The lack of leader is still a strike against it being required, though. Unless they release a last minute Canderous or something like this...
    Alternatively, Jedi Revan could be the last missing piece for someone else, but the only character who could possibly fit there is Darth Revan. Having Jedi Revan as a stepping stone to someone like Malak would be weird...
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Revan could be stepping stone for Meetra Surik after all she is the one who kills Nihilus, Sion and Traya.
  • Options
    I have a 7* traya and my guild has heroic sith raid on auto farm. I still think revan as a raid is the worst possible way to obtain revan.

In reality with sith raid rework and the efforts needed to develop mods 2.0 I honestly don't believe that they would have had enough time to develop a new raid.
  • Options
    if a raid is added to the game

its new name star wars galaxy of raid
  • Options
    Raid.
    I want it to be a raid.

KOTOR characters could be for Malak legendary
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What if we got a new Territory Battles map? Maybe it could have both light and dark side nodes and Revan was a one of the spots for character shards. Similar Probe Droid and Rebel Officer Leia Organa?
  • Options
    I think it’d be cool for the heroic to be able to use all Old Republic tagged characters, Sith or Republic. I hope more KotOR characters come in game as well as classic Star Wars characters. There are a lot of good characters from both to really make the gaming experience fun.
  • Options
    I think a raid would be likely based on video, really excited if thats the case, like that style of raid. They are fun, you can set solid strategy.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Darth wrote: »
    Did you guys not see the large Rancor looking creature at the end of the trailer????? It’s gonna be a new raid with Revan as the reward just like Traya
    Raids are not the only events with special enemies like this, we have the AT-ST in heroic battles and TB special mission. Or it could be something completely new.
    And by the way, it's called a Terentatek.
  • Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »

―Luke Skywalker

I dont think it would be farmable as the rancor raid and raids are always benefit the players that are already very strong. A heros journey or similar can be farmed for everyone at the same rate and everyone has the same chance to get Revan. That is much more fair then a raid. If you make it a raid then people will start leaving there guilds to get a guild that can farm the character or where they get a better ranking in the raid. Stuff like that destroys a good game...

I'm honestly not sure if this is sarcasm or if you're just relatively new to the game.
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

I'm honestly not sure if this is sarcasm or if you're just relatively new to the game.

I play the game since 4 month or so. I just got Level 85. So I guess you could call me new.
  • Options
    Im fine for Revan in whatever form it comes, except p2p only. As long as you can farm it from nodes, farm the chracters needed for it, or get it as raid reward, all works for me.
  • Options
    I hope he will be a raid character like Raid Han .
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

I play the game since 4 month or so. I just got Level 85. So I guess you could call me new.

Sadly the reason I say that is because everything you describe is what happens every single time a new guild mode/event comes around.
  • Options
    I imagine we will see a Carth Legendary event or something prior to revans release. Carth would be a good Old Republic faction leader I think
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I imagine we will see a Carth Legendary event or something prior to revans release. Carth would be a good Old Republic faction leader I think

I like Carth a lot, but I dont think he should be a leader.

Why not Kreia?
    She literally leads and trains you throughout kotor2.
    Post edited by Roopehunter on
  • Options

Why not Kreia?

Because Revan and other tagged OR toons have nothing to do with Kreya:/
  • Options

Why not Kreia?

well, that was mishit