Is it possible to have more than 1 capital ship in the meta?

So, I think this post will hit on a major sticking point to the lack of diversity in the fleet arena: lack of capital options. With only 4 capital ships, it’s tough to change things up. Hounds tooth supposedly added diversity to the fleet, but let’s be honest it’s still just the same tarkin fleets subbing in HT for Biggs. I don’t think we’re really going to see any changes to strategy until we get more fleet commander options. Only there’s another deeper problem, with the capital system itself.
The problem with new capitals? Resource requirements to make them viable. Before ships 2.0, it was tough to have more than 1 capital ship leveled up (both abilities and actual level), but it was doable. Chimaera is case and point, since you pretty much had to level up home 1 to get chimaera up there. Now, with ships having 5 abilities that require 150 prestige each just to hit the top level, it takes an eternity to change capitals. And no one wants to do that, especially since they know as soon as they do the meta will get shifted to somewhere else. Like a new ship, which they’d have to level up from scratch.
A solution?
Release several more capital ships, and increase the prestige income. If, for example, we have double income and double capital ships, everyone will still have to make choices on who they want to pursue, but you won’t be locked into 1 capital for months on end. We still need resistance, first order and separatist capital ships, why not release them out into the wild? There would still be plenty of other capitals to chose from for new content (sith empire, old republic, etc), so I don’t think this would harm the long-term health of the game. And it would give people plenty of opportunities to do something other than try to get that one piece of G12+ to give you a slight edge in a mirror match (that we know will be determined by rng anyway)...

TLDR: Introduce more capital ships and increase prestige income so we can have more than 1 to choose from for our fleets.

Replies

• Options
    The fact that a regular supply of Omega materials, Zeta materials, T3 ship mats and Ship Omegas are all locked up behind Executrix challenges means that anyone wanting to use a different capital ship also has to power Executrix up to at least 6*, further cementing its position in the meta.
  • Options
    Ive played with AA, tarkin and chimaera... They all great cap ships currently using ackbar with great succes
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Ive played with AA, tarkin and chimaera... They all great cap ships currently using ackbar with great succes
    Are you day 1? I guess it’s more of an issue for people that aren’t (started may last year, so I don’t have nearly enough prestige to max 2 capitals, much less 3. Which is partly ok, I mean you shouldn’t have everything maxed out, the problem is that when “everything” = 4, then “not everything” = 1 or 2, which limits options.
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    I main Home One and much prefer that play style over Executrix, however that choice has put me (and the others like me) at a distinct disadvantage as we hit 6 & 7* cap ships.

In order to keep our fleets competitive we also have to get Executrix up to 6* to get a steady supply of T3 and omega ship materials and capital ship prestige which means poweing up significant light and dark side fleets simultaneously.

The top Executrix guy by comparison only had to power up one capital ship and a dark side fleet.

As a result, he now perches atop the fleet arena rankings unchallenged until we can catch up again.

All because T3 & omega ship materials and prestige are locked behind one capital ship: Executrix. Oh and just for good measure, that same challenge series is also a source of Zeta materials.

Game balance anyone?

Still, at least I didn't pick Endurance to main...
  • Options
    I have only chimaera and AA skills maxed cuz i buy a lot of prestige from fleet arena xD

But for example with AA u only need maxed the crew skill (more prot up) and maybe the heal one... 3-4 for the other ones are fine...

And for chimaera his unique and the heal one too, (maybe this aoe cuz AI tends to use it so much) rest are fine at 3-4...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    LoL ackbar with 10 ships vs HT...HT wins
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    i started another account when Bastilla came into the game and in ship arena i run Endurance lead with the bounty hunter ships. i can win most battles on auto. The team holds really well on defense and its tough to fight against when people don't have Chimera around. obviously when Chimera's start to appear i'll have to see how the team does, but for now i get #1 each day and I'm surrounded by a majority of Tarkin fleets and most of them can't beat me. There is one person with the geonosians in his starting lineup and they are the hardest to beat but i still can beat them.

My starting lineup is Ahsoka Tano's starfighter, Hounds Tooth and Xanadu Blood. My reinforcements in this order are: Clone Seargent, Geonosian Soldier and Plo Koon's starfighter. Ahsoka's ship is fast and gets lots of TM when the opponent reinforces and it counters easily ships like Boba coming in as a reinforcement since she resets her dispell whenever a ship reinforces. So that taunt and all that good stuff Boba gets when he reinforces is gones as soon as he gets it basically. XB and HT inflict breach on the enemies and when they do that it really pairs well with the endurance lead ability which gives you % defense when you have protection. XB makes the opponents ships have -25% offense and breach already decreases the opponents ships speed. Mace throws around Taunt and recovers the ships protection, so HT and Clone Seargent become almost impossible to kill when they are always taunting and recovering protection while the opponents get breached and start hitting for less and moving slower. I'm working on IG-2000 to add even more tankiness. The one ship I'm looking forward to using is Lando's Falcon since it works really well with Mace and the Valor debuff since he'd get to take a couple turns procing the valor buff twice while dealing lots of damage.

And in case you were wondering, I do usually get my Ultimate ability on Mace to go off before Tarkins goes off. You'd be surprised how fast it comes up when your ships have Valor and actually survive long enough to make it expire. 5 ships with Valor buff makes Mace really fast and he throws around taunt and replenishes valor like nothing.
  • Options
    When the fleet meta is RNG, it doesn't really matter.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

obikenobi1 wrote: »
    i started another account when Bastilla came into the game and in ship arena i run Endurance lead with the bounty hunter ships. i can win most battles on auto. ...

My starting lineup is Ahsoka Tano's starfighter, Hounds Tooth and Xanadu Blood. My reinforcements in this order are: Clone Seargent, Geonosian Soldier and Plo Koon's ...
    Try doing it without Hounds Tooth and see how far you get.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    i started another account when Bastilla came into the game and in ship arena i run Endurance lead with the bounty hunter ships. i can win most battles on auto. ...

My starting lineup is Ahsoka Tano's starfighter, Hounds Tooth and Xanadu Blood. My reinforcements in this order are: Clone Seargent, Geonosian Soldier and Plo Koon's ...

why should i take out one of the best ships to run under Mace lead? If HT didn't synergize with the lead and Endurances abilities, then i'd see your point cause it'd be like all the squad teams that just insert Thrawn or Traya in arena under any kind of leadership. But this is like running Vader under Palpatine lead. They work good together so it makes no sense to remove him from the lineup. Maybe the BH ships are designed to bring some more balance to the game by making Endurance viable in the meta? I'm all for variety. Obviously this isn't the best lineup to use with HT. That one would be with Chimera lead and ising the Geo Soldier, Geo Spy and HT in the starting lineup with Sun Fac, Vader, etc coming in on reinforcements. But seeing as no one in my fleet arena in this account has Chimera, Endurance is actually quite meta with HT and its hard to beat.
  • Options
    Maybe the BH ships are designed to bring some more balance to the game by making Endurance viable in the meta? I'm all for variety. Obviously this isn't the best lineup to use with HT.
    And there lies.my point: Hounds Tooth is the only thing making your Endurance viable because Hounds Tooth is OP and even then there are better capital ship pairings for Bossk's Invincible Sardine Can.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

why should i take out one of the best ships to run under Mace lead? If HT didn't synergize with the lead and Endurances abilities, then i'd see your point cause it'd be like all the squad teams that just insert Thrawn or Traya in arena under any kind of leadership. But this is like running Vader under Palpatine lead. They work good together so it makes no sense to remove him from the lineup. Maybe the BH ships are designed to bring some more balance to the game by making Endurance viable in the meta? I'm all for variety. Obviously this isn't the best lineup to use with HT. That one would be with Chimera lead and ising the Geo Soldier, Geo Spy and HT in the starting lineup with Sun Fac, Vader, etc coming in on reinforcements. But seeing as no one in my fleet arena in this account has Chimera, Endurance is actually quite meta with HT and its hard to beat.

Because HT is broke...You could run Spaceball 1 as a capital ship and still win...not because of your strategy..but because your running a broke ship...

Now I actually appreciate someone trying to make mace viable again..but yeah HT is garbage and needs a major nerf...the end...It's broke... It's OP, it needs a nerf...it's broke it's OP it needs a nerf....anyone against the nerf spent money on it....but guess what we all got a TON of stuff we spent money on CG nerfed..soo LET'S GO and get the nerf overwith....HT NERF NOW