Collusion in Arena

Prev13
I wonder if the arena collusion is considered right or wrong by EA.

I currently spend real money to buy crystals and improve my game.

But if I get into the collusion of my arena I can get crystals without spending money.

So I think it's much better to go into collusion, but I do not want to be considered a hacker or thug by EA and have my account banned or impaired.

If EA does not consider it wrong I can stop spending real money and play much happier.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's doubtful you will get a direct answer from any of the devs. However collusion as we call it "arena shard chats" are already facilitated in the forums since the beginning of the game. That my friend is as close as you get to an official statement.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    It's doubtful you will get a direct answer from any of the devs. However collusion as we call it "arena shard chats" are already facilitated in the forums since the beginning of the game. That my friend is as close as you get to an official statement.

No.... Silence.is pretty much as far from an official statement as you can get... To me it screams "We need to ignore the problem, because if we acknowledge it, we would have to do something about it"
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I wonder if the arena collusion is considered right or wrong by EA.

I currently spend real money to buy crystals and improve my game.

But if I get into the collusion of my arena I can get crystals without spending money.

So I think it's much better to go into collusion, but I do not want to be considered a hacker or thug by EA and have my account banned or impaired.

If EA does not consider it wrong I can stop spending real money and play much happier.

You won't be considered a hacker or a thug for getting into a shard chat.

People can hate on shard chats all they want; I used to before I joined mine and saw how things really are. Now I know that my shard chat looks out for not only the members of the chat, but really anyone who has a known payout time. Those people don't get "sniped" or hit coming up to their hour just like the rest of us in the chat don't. As long as no one is being targeted by another player, all is smooth sailing at the top of my shard; for those in chat and those outside it.

Communicating in a social game, which is what this is, is something you should consider if you want to make your game experience improve. Not worrying about getting sniped and missing payout is a huge QOL improvement.

Also, this entitled view is ridiculous. It is not an entitled approach that people in shard chats have. It is a position of compromise for the good of your shard mates. You can view it however you please, but everyone in my chat has earned their way into it and is on a rotation that gets everyone maximum crystals for that PO hour. No one is "entitled" to their spot, they have earned it by compromising other days so they don't have to worry about their crystal income.

And as far as doing something about chats; why do you think they put in the in game chat function? They know they cannot contain this issue and that they have zero control over what people do in third party apps. We will always find each other and if a shard shuffle were implemented there would be a discord server for Arena just like the one for TW. Besides, most people at the top of shards are in good guilds and those guilds are easy to find making the players also easy to find.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    99% of the biggest whales are in shard chats, do you really think EA is going to start banning whale accounts due to them being part of a shard chat?
  • Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    99% of the biggest whales are in shard chats, do you really think EA is going to start banning whale accounts due to them being part of a shard chat?

They don't have to start banning people..... Just shuffle the shards once in a while....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

No.... Silence.is pretty much as far from an official statement as you can get... To me it screams "We need to ignore the problem, because if we acknowledge it, we would have to do something about it"

I see it as a confirmation of this player behaviour, rather than ignorance of it. It's completely caused by the initial design of the arena.
  • Options
    ITS not collusion, it's just organization so people dont hit each other before payout and you hit the guys who already got thier rewards. it's not cheating if you can literally beat any team to make it to top 5.

sounds like you're salty you cant, and if you can get into the shard chat. they shouldnt have a problem with you joining if you are causing problems, of your not then the shard chat isnt affecting you in anyway
  • Options
    I don't know what the solution would be. I found my shard, the response I got was "the shard doesn't want to add you." And I am capable of getting into the top 10. Or at least I was and tried to get in the shard. Now I get targeted specifically. So I can get sent back from #3 all the way to #103. For me it's really made the arena unenjoyable. Especially knowing I have a better team than others in the shard and knowing I now am competing against everyone in the shard. And there is nothing I can do about it.
  • Options
    Ryan0324 wrote: »
    I don't know what the solution would be. I found my shard, the response I got was "the shard doesn't want to add you." And I am capable of getting into the top 10. Or at least I was and tried to get in the shard. Now I get targeted specifically. So I can get sent back from #3 all the way to #103. For me it's really made the arena unenjoyable. Especially knowing I have a better team than others in the shard and knowing I now am competing against everyone in the shard. And there is nothing I can do about it.

When are you climbing to get dropped 100 spots? If you just climb within the last 2 hours of your payout then you're less likely to impact multiple time zones' payouts and they couldn't possibly push you that far in that time.
  • Options
    I'm telling you it happens. I'm at 6 now because I went ahead and finished my extra attempts. Once I get up in the morning, promise I'll be out of the top 50. And I know I'll hear that it's my team and defense, bit there are teams way easier to beat out than mine that never get sent back as far as me. The truth is I'm being targeted.
  • Options

They don't have to start banning people..... Just shuffle the shards once in a while....

what exactly would that achieve the same people would still be using external chats and the would just reorganise themselves. the forum is full of people giving names and discord links etc how long do you think it would take for the reshuffled shards to have their chats sorted?
  • Options
    I'm telling you it happens. I'm at 6 now because I went ahead and finished my extra attempts. Once I get up in the morning, promise I'll be out of the top 50. And I know I'll hear that it's my team and defense, bit there are teams way easier to beat out than mine that never get sent back as far as me. The truth is I'm being targeted.

exactly you have just said it yourself you are attacking people outside your payout time which is more than likely why you have been refused into the shard chat.
    the easy way would be to contact them ask for a list of payout times that they know of and climb during YOUR payout time avoiding people in the same or close payouts.
    that would show you are willing to work with them and may even give them a reason to let you join instead of refusing you due to attacking anyone at anytime.
  • Options
    I've tried waiting. Doesn't work out so well. Just gives me a longer climb and I have to refresh at least twice to get to the top ten. So if I have to refresh, I have to start outside of my time because of the battle refresh times. Trust me, I've attempted all sorts of things. And as soon as I found I could get to the top 10 I contacted them. First time. But screw it, I'll ask. Worst thing that happens is they keep attacking me lol.
  • Options

what exactly would that achieve the same people would still be using external chats and the would just reorganise themselves. the forum is full of people giving names and discord links etc how long do you think it would take for the reshuffled shards to have their chats sorted?

If they shuffled it once a month, all of the shard chat cheaters would be in here every month from every shard trying to find their chronies..... By the time they got themselves set up, it would be time for another shuffle again......
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

A few things I know about my shard chat and shard chats in general (I know a lot of them)

- My shard chat contains 38 people, most shard chats will try to keep it under 50 people.

- The way we decide who gets in is by how many people there are in that particular payout. If there's already 5 in the same payout, no more gets in, otherwise it'll become a clusterduck.

- Players that are clingey to top 10, or early climbers that disregard others payout generally create grudges over time and are unliked by players in the chats.

- Once you get dragged out of the top 20 (whether you are in the chat or not) you get exposed to the general populace of the shard and those are the ones that will drag you further. Towards my payout I will either have stayed in the top 20 or I'll be in the 40-50 range since all teams are quite beatable in defense right now.

So you are probably not operating against 100 people like you think, the blockage mainly happens in top 10/20, noone in the chat will care once you get pushed out of there, since you are no more a threat for upcoming payouts. But you also get exposed to the piranhas waiting in the back and will start a steady dropback.
  • Options
    So what do you do when you are arbitrarily assigned a payout time because they think it will be good for you but is not... my job I cannot have my phone while working and I work 10hr day..day starts 8 hrs before my payout and ends 2 hrs after it..I am able to take 1 but when I do I get screamed at just within the in game chat like I'm breaking rules n then get smashed down to 40s by my payout so I'd get knocked down some no matter what I get that my real point is why shouldnt I be allowed to choose a payout time that I can actually do...I've not complained before about it but with all the farming needed right now I feel extra screwed over by game not allowing me a payout time that I can actually play the game at...think it will finally end up making me quit because I'm tired of being at giant disadvantage to others getting 900 crystals a day and I dont have a chance even tho I have the squads to do it...sorry if wrong spot but was told by support I had to ask on forum about one time change for payout times...not all ppl have desk jobs they can play game at or even ones where they can have a phone on them n take break for a mobile game
  • Options

If they shuffled it once a month, all of the shard chat cheaters would be in here every month from every shard trying to find their chronies..... By the time they got themselves set up, it would be time for another shuffle again......

I think you are vastly under estimating how long it would take for the shard chats to reform. The first time it might take a couple of days, but soon enough the infrastructure will be set up to quickly reform them in matter of hours.

It is just a matter of making contact with the shard chats of adjacent shards prior to the shuffle, and reassambling the broken pieces of shards chats to new shard chats. Easy peasy.

Also I so no cheating going on. Just people pooling their resources for their mutual benefit.
  • Options
    Trias wrote: »

I think you are vastly under estimating how long it would take for the shard chats to reform. The first time it might take a couple of days, but soon enough the infrastructure will be set up to quickly reform them in matter of hours.

It is just a matter of making contact with the shard chats of adjacent shards prior to the shuffle, and reassambling the broken pieces of shards chats to new shard chats. Easy peasy.

Also I so no cheating going on. Just people pooling their resources for their mutual benefit.

And I think you are underestimating the number of shards that could be in the mix.... When I speak of 3 adjacent shards, it doesn't mean it's the same 3 shards that you get shuffled amongst..... You could be the oldest shard in the shuffle one month and the youngest the next. In other words, each individual player would have to have contact with players from 5 different shards..... Then, all the individual movements due to how they rank, etc..... Thats not to mention that the players you would need to keep contact with etc etc.....

As is said earlier, arranging and respecting payouts is not cheating..... Until it crosses the line of exclusion and malicious attacking, which inevitably happens....
  • Options
    [...]

And I think you are underestimating the number of shards that could be in the mix.... When I speak of 3 adjacent shards, it doesn't mean it's the same 3 shards that you get shuffled amongst..... You could be the oldest shard in the shuffle one month and the youngest the next. In other words, each individual player would have to have contact with players from 5 different shards..... Then, all the individual movements due to how they rank, etc..... Thats not to mention that the players you would need to keep contact with etc etc.....

Again you would only need to find the 5 splinters of previous shard chats mixed into your new shard. This is not that hard, especially if you are in contact with the chats in the 5 shards you could potentially be mixed with prior to the shuffle. The first couple of times this will require a bit of getting used to, but soon enough somebody will write a shard chat discord bot that can help sort out the differences. Hell, even the new discord servers could be setup in advance of the shuffle.

• Options
    Trias wrote: »
    [...]

Again you would only need to find the 5 splinters of previous shard chats mixed into your new shard. This is not that hard, especially if you are in contact with the chats in the 5 shards you could potentially be mixed with prior to the shuffle. The first couple of times this will require a bit of getting used to, but soon enough somebody will write a shard chat discord bot that can help sort out the differences. Hell, even the new discord servers could be setup in advance of the shuffle.

Except those 5 shards will need to be in contact with shards not even related to your shard...... I'm also not thinking it's the only solution, they could eliminate and rebuild shards altogether every month etc.... There are lots of ways it could be done.....
  • Options

A few things I know about my shard chat and shard chats in general (I know a lot of them)

- My shard chat contains 38 people, most shard chats will try to keep it under 50 people.

- The way we decide who gets in is by how many people there are in that particular payout. If there's already 5 in the same payout, no more gets in, otherwise it'll become a clusterduck.

- Players that are clingey to top 10, or early climbers that disregard others payout generally create grudges over time and are unliked by players in the chats.

- Once you get dragged out of the top 20 (whether you are in the chat or not) you get exposed to the general populace of the shard and those are the ones that will drag you further. Towards my payout I will either have stayed in the top 20 or I'll be in the 40-50 range since all teams are quite beatable in defense right now.

So you are probably not operating against 100 people like you think, the blockage mainly happens in top 10/20, noone in the chat will care once you get pushed out of there, since you are no more a threat for upcoming payouts. But you also get exposed to the piranhas waiting in the back and will start a steady dropback.

This is wrong. You should allow anyone that can make top 5 in. It’s not hard to coordinate a payout for 5-10 people... you’re just being exclusionary for the sake of doing it.

Your ridiculous rules are what give shard chats a bad name.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

This is wrong. You should allow anyone that can make top 5 in. It’s not hard to coordinate a payout for 5-10 people... you’re just being exclusionary for the sake of doing it.

Your ridiculous rules are what give shard chats a bad name.

I didn't decide on the rules. Any shard chat is free to come up with their own.
  • Trias
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Except those 5 shards will need to be in contact with shards not even related to your shard...
    But each shard chat would only have to be in contact with 5 others...

(Also an ellipsis (...) has three dots, no more, no less.)

Post edited by Trias on
  • Options
    Reshuffling shards would help balance things out. On some shards you have a group of 40 players that basically control the top... They have been at the top a while and have no insensitive to let new players in.

It would not take long to reorganize a shard chat, but at least everyone as an equal opportunity.

Ryan0324, I am sorry to hear of your issues. I do not know your situation... but I assume after to started being able to get into the top 5 you started snipping others with the same payout as you. Then asked to join the shard chat expecting them to share the payout with you... Seems like you would be better off if you asked to join the shard chat, and said you were ok with not being added to top rotation. This would give you a headache free top 6-10 finish daily.

• Options
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I don’t condone anti-competitive behavior. But the game is setup to encourage it with the current payouts based on timezone and the inevitable crunch as you get to the top of the leaderboards. There are ways it could be minimized, such as the shard shakeup mentioned; payouts based on a rolling average of your standing over 24 hours, a day, or a week; payouts based on numbers of wins or losses over a longer period; or something else entirely. That’s not what we have here in the land of swgoh though.

If the OP is being targeted, that’s not right. And to say that going along with collusion is the solution doesn’t seem right to me either.

For whatever it’s worth, I didn’t know that shard mates chat at all until just recently. And I also just found a few of my shard mates so I’ve reached out to them. I recently got in the top 50 in fleet. I don’t want to create problems with them and feel it’s better to chat than not. But I think there’s a line between talking and colluding. To conspire against others undermines the spirit of fair play.

Fixed a typo
    Post edited by PoD on