The cadence of Revans event is unclear

Leparine
38 posts Member
edited October 2018
I want to call the community´s attention here for one big thing I´m very certain about: The cadence of Revans event is absolutely unclear!

Their wording is a bit malicious if we read closely. Revan is obviously not a legendary and its NOT a "Heroes Journey" - They call it "Ancient Journey of Redemption" - And thats the point where we need to be very careful. There is NO word officially stating that its a HJ, they dont call it "Heroes Journey" one time. Therefore this event is not bound to any cadences they released previously.
We actually dont know when the event comes back and they did that on purpose - Could be 2 months, could be 6 months, could be a year!

Because we have cadences for the other types of events, we should have the right to have one for Revans too, as the farms for the OR are very difficult, time consuming and need to be planned ahead.

The Developers lack of communication with Revans event led to dolphins and whales who wasted huge amounts of recources in the last 1 1/2 months for the OR without basically getting anything in the end (other than the opportunity to spend money massively on top of that) - The community must not let this situation getting even worse.
Post edited by Leparine on

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Lol no....just.....no.
  • Options
    Just like with everything else: If you want to be sure to get it the next time it comes around, farm it now.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    ... If I don’t get Revan this time the OR characters will still be my priority until they are all 7 stars and gear 9. If the event comes back in 3 months I will be ready. If the event comes back in 6 months I will of course still be ready.
    I don’t need them to circle a week in the calendar, especially if it may change given the progress of future events.
    I try to get stuff, I plan, and I log back in everyday and wait for the next opportunity. I enjoy my guild, I enjoy the arenas, I enjoy the events - if I didn’t all the cadences in the world wouldn’t keep me playing.
    I am really excited for Revan. I know there is a steep curve to get him, and I’m not grumpy that some have been there planning ahead for months. I am excited for the event and to see how he does in raids and the arena. And I don’t mind if there is something in the game I don’t have and need to change ntinue to work towards. Playing the game for 3+ years does not entitle me to everything the first time it is offerred.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    While i dont think it would be necessary for them to give us exact dates, some communication on the upcoming one would be nice, especially before its actually out
  • Options
    I dont expect any word on how often legendary/Hero journey. I do expect Revan second run in Jan or Feb but if its March then its march.

I'll farm OR toons and be ready with 7* star toons next run hopefully have toons 5* this run.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    When has ever been a cadence for leg/journey type of event comes back for a 2nd time? As far as I remember never.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Fear is the Devs bacon bits lol
  • Options
    I won’t get him this time but will keep farming. I’ll be ready if she comes back in 30 days or more.
  • Options
    r4onw5nbzooa.jpg

Its called an ancient journey, but it is more similar to a hero's journey than a legendary. You follow the story line of KOTOR. Straight from the devs, ok?
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @mesa176750
    Ok so, first thanks for posting this!;) Atleast that proves that its different than a heroes journey event. The cadence of a HJ is "...roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event..." (CG_TopHat)
    Lets hope this applies to the "ancient journey" as well, but I would´ve liked more clarification on that from the devs - this event is unfair enough.
  • Options
    @mesa176750 where did you get that? From the forums?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »

It's in the mega topic.
  • Options
    Why did they post that amongst the mega topic. Surely it deserves an announcement thread of its own so everyone sees it?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    SonofRambo wrote: »
    Why did they post that amongst the mega topic. Surely it deserves an announcement thread of its own so everyone sees it?

It was posted to quench the constant rage, but I agree. The official announcement will prolly come with the kit reveal.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I refuse for a second to believe that revan will be pushed 2 years in the future.@CG_SBCrumb even said YOU will have another chance to get Revan it is structured like CLS and JTR.so I guess we will have to wait 3 to 6 months before we see Revan again.I'm lucky that I get to do the first 2 tiers thanks to this kind man.so yeah I hope Revan will have more power than Traya in this.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »

It's in the mega topic.

@No_Try i was afraid of that. Im not even going to try to find it in that mess of a thread. I wish they kept the constructive stuff in an easy to access place.

@mesa176750 thank you for posting it here, much appreciated.
  • Options
    I love Kotor. I'll farm them since they are tied to a "reward" type character. I'll farm them all!
  • Options
    You make Chewbacca require G12+ and Revan only G9+, next legendary alike event?
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    You make Chewbacca require G12+ and Revan only G9+, next legendary alike event?

I think Chewbacca was only G12 because it used old characters most people already had.
  • Options
    There is no concrete pattern to events that unlock characters. JTR was "expected" a month ago or so for example based on prior cadence.

The only fairly firm cadence we have is for Marquee-Shipment-Farm timing.

Oh, and you aren't going to get a concrete return date either. JTR returned first time around without any warning at all, as did CLS. Thrawn was easier to predict as there were fewer events then. BB8 and R2 both returned with the HJ they were required for (warning for Chewbacca there!).

Be annoyed at CG for the 2 events close together and the time gap for farming, but don't he annoyed at them for not doing something they have never done, which is publish event dates ahead of time.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I’m so tired of the complaining.... was it a fast drop sure, was it too “soon” after OT Chewy and those still hurt... maybe

My opinion is chewy could have been had at no spend if you farmed and geared your BH’s... they didn’t need Janjo or Embo and some did it without Bossk. Yes it was a hard toon to get but the whining was overdone.

CG gave us a huge break with Revan needing only gear 9 and probably not zeta crazy to grab him and most likely, 3 toons that will work great together anyway and not just wasters.

I think many forget the gear crunches of previous toons and the 2500 crystals needed just to grab the extra piece needed and on multiple toons.

Revan was never going to be free and I am actually surprised that it’s not a worse crunch... for those mad at the cadence 6 months ago their was no cadence at all so they added a new wrinkle why does it matter when he is coming back just be ready.

We don’t even know if he will be OP (doubleful) he probably will have a place in the meta with a Jedi team though... I am more curious if there will be Revan exclusive events because CLS and JTR have their places but no event specifically requires them and other than being Raid breaking toons there is not much other use (those whaling on him don’t need a raid breaker).
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The paranoia is strong with the OP.

Just farm them until you meet the requirements and eventually it will come back and you'll be prepared. It's really that simple.

Tell me, why should anyone listen advices about getting revan next time from someone who bought revan?
  • Options
    It's very clear
    Hero = 3mobths
    legendary = 6 months
    And guess what, their New "Ancient" event = 1 year
    Do you really think EA is going to inform us ? Information doesn't fit with Panic farm...
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The paranoia is strong with the OP.

Just farm them until you meet the requirements and eventually it will come back and you'll be prepared. It's really that simple.

You can believe me, I very well know that. I farm the OR, thats it. But this is not about me wanting to know if this event will come back or not. I know it will.

This is about the Devs. They took so long to finally communicate properly with the community, establishing rules we were happy to hear about. Now they create a new event, but they dont say what exactly this is! No previous rules apply to it, enabling them to do crazy stuff they´ve done in the past (e.g. 8 months return duration - Palpatine) and I wanted to make that clear to people. Does it actually work like every Event? We dont know. They found a sneaky way to not communicate this out of financial purposes (what we dont know will surprise us = panic farm) and I dont agree with it. They communicated so well, now its going down the drain again.

To call that to players attention was my intention here.
    Post edited by Leparine on
  • Options
    4-6 months for first return, 3-4 months after that
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    ... If I don’t get Revan this time the OR characters will still be my priority until they are all 7 stars and gear 9. If the event comes back in 3 months I will be ready. If the event comes back in 6 months I will of course still be ready.

This. So much this.