Should we even have Jedi Luke?

I thought about this today. It's not that I don't want him it's that I don't see how it would work.

He'd have to be so incredibly powerful that he would make much of the rest of the game useless.

His abilities and leadership would be so OP that technically not many should be able to counter him. And he/his squad would have to stay top meta.

This is Jedi Luke we're taking here.

Anyways. Just musing

Replies

• Options
    Got a point to be honest. It’s either he’s too OP or he’s not OP enough because he’s Luke. Not sure how they’d make him balanced, not without us complaining anyway 😂
  • Options
    given that there are no other jedi, he doesn't even have to have jedi synergy. He could just have huge rebel synergy.
  • Options
    You all make great points, but I, along with a lot of other players, would love to see Jedi Knight Luke come to the game. They mentioned that he would come soon, but very careful on how they create him.
  • Options
    Oh I'm with you. I can't do star wars without him. But they will have to do some pretty well perfect tuning. The other stuff de of me wants him to be so OP that everything falls before him. Cause it's luke
  • Options
    I think he should be the last character to come to the game, the final cash grab. Who else besides Luke and Darth Revan is more hyped? Also he should be the hardest character to earn. Requires gear12 zetaed units to unlock. And of course very strong. Maybe not extremely OP, but just strong enough that he can beat every other possible team without worrying about losing. Difficult, but not impossible to win against Luke without your own Luke. An attacker obtained through an event with strong Rebel and Jedi synergies. That’s what I want.
  • Options
    Forget about G12 requirements just set the price at 5Gs and have them buy it.

Also I think we should have Hermit Luke in the game first and that would require G12+ and 6* mods and zetas by likes of Rose Tico, Holdo and few others.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke.

Skill 1. Any kill shot or special skill kill shot results in attacker annihialated with no rez. Jedi Luke gets rez.

So luke vs luke = Weakest Luke wins
  • Options
    4 zetas incoming
  • Options
    If you made jedi luke synergize well with rebels, you could have him counter balance revan and traya and have some of the rock paper scissors meta going. Where you could pick the team that works best for you and be competitive. Also, it would be a great gesture if he wasn't behind a huge paywall. After revan was behind a huge paywall, it'd be nice if the next one wasn't.

I'm even ok with requiring g12 since most of the likely characters are probably 7 star already if you farmed them. I know I have them all 7 star including chewie and cls, r2, chewie, and hoda are already g11/g12 because they are useful. So requiring rolo and chs to be geared up to g12 would still be rather easy for those that prepared.

And they'd still make money from those that didn't but still want jedi luke. And before someone mentions it, yes newer player, you'll be at a disadvantage but there is no avoiding that.
  • Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    He'd have to be so incredibly powerful...

Why?

Every character introduced has weakneses and is beatable.

See the recent wailing and gnashing of teeth that Revan can't kill every single member of the opposite team with his basic attack.
  • Options
    He will come soon. Jedi will be meta untill next film which will bring out snoke and hux maybe others and fo will become meta.
    Then a new rey and force projection luke etc. After that it will be darth revan and if the game is still going a "mandolorian" squad will come

The meta will probably shift a bit more often than that. If I had to guess, the revan meta will last until Dec. Then probably. Jedi luke will be released and I think he'll probably make rebels meta. Some comp like jedi luke, cls, raid han, chewie, and r2. Possibly sub r2 or cls for old ben. Really depends on the kit. But Likely to have more rebel synergy than jedi. But he may also have jedi synergy so Ezra and Kanan may be part of the team. Or he may work in a jedi team also.

Then in feb, we'll likely get darth revan/darth malak. To keep the ds relevant. Probably would work best paired with the triumvirate but may also synergize with ep/vader.

Then we'll probably have something come next year in the late summer. Not sure what though. Then next Dec we'll get a new Rey that will be meta for awhile.

Just my guess but probably 3 meta shifts before ep 9.
  • Options
    Then snoke will make FO hecka strong in some way and they will become meta for a bit
  • Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Then snoke will make FO hecka strong in some way and they will become meta for a bit

Unless they make it where snoke isn't actually dead, I don't see that happening. The time for him would have been ep8 but he isn't very legendary in that movie. Just a build up and a giant fail.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke doesn't have to be awesome, look how bad Anakin is and he is the Chosen One! :)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Jedi Luke doesn't have to be awesome, look how bad Anakin is and he is the Chosen One! :)

Vader is pretty good though and he did bring balance to the force after all 😉

• Options
    I can tell you what SHOULD be done. And then I'll tell you what WILL be done.

What SHOULD be done: release updates of all (or many!) of the current characters, a few a month, for the next year leading up to Jedi Luke. Once the entire current roster is optimized (with old characters having staying power and the ability to compete with the currently OP'd marquees), introducing Luke won't be a problem.

Why they won't do this: people already have these characters, so there's no money in reworking them, mostly.

What WILL be done: Jedi Luke will be released with four zetas and move descriptions that each take up a full screen of text and introduce entirely new status effects and elements into the game. Because INSANE POWER CREEP THIS YEAR ALONE.

I would much much much x 1000 rather see all my current toons rebalanced (for example, I *like* the Hoth crew. I *love* my Jedi) so they're all viable than get crazybroken Jedi Luke to crazybreak the game even more. The game would continue to be fun for so much longer if they fixed it first. =/
  • Options
    Yes we should have a Jedi Luke. He’s one of the most iconic characters in the game.
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    I can tell you what SHOULD be done. And then I'll tell you what WILL be done.

What SHOULD be done: release updates of all (or many!) of the current characters, a few a month, for the next year leading up to Jedi Luke. Once the entire current roster is optimized (with old characters having staying power and the ability to compete with the currently OP'd marquees), introducing Luke won't be a problem.

Why they won't do this: people already have these characters, so there's no money in reworking them, mostly.

What WILL be done: Jedi Luke will be released with four zetas and move descriptions that each take up a full screen of text and introduce entirely new status effects and elements into the game. Because INSANE POWER CREEP THIS YEAR ALONE.

I would much much much x 1000 rather see all my current toons rebalanced (for example, I *like* the Hoth crew. I *love* my Jedi) so they're all viable than get crazybroken Jedi Luke to crazybreak the game even more. The game would continue to be fun for so much longer if they fixed it first. =/

I agree on rebalancing but only for the more iconic characters. Basically named characters. Like mace windu really needs a rework but the jedi who were only in the movie to die in 3 seconds to palp probably don't and unnamed characters like cup and jedi guardian can just stay useless.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Jedi luke will never come out . Adding “Jedi” luke, with a Jedi tag, to raven team would be more insane than it currently is . Never going to happen.