looking for advice regarding long term strategy

I'm looking for some advice regarding long term strategy, and what to focus on, now that I got JTR.

This is where I'm at: https://swgoh.gg/p/167284847/characters/

1. I've been losing ground on the arena. I know I have no chances fighting for the top places, but top 500 or so would be nice. Can you see any better team with my toons at the moment?

2. My short term plans are to improve my phoenix and get thrawn to 7* when the event returns. I hope ezra g9 and everyone else at g8 will be enough, with full omegas, if I put some decent mods on them. That should open up some doors at the arena (jtr, bb8, r2, thrawn, old ben, perhaps) and improve my haat (ackbar bb8 cls thrawn zasajj).

3. I'm farming bao at the cantina store (for chex mix, when my guild stars runing hstr), dengar at the guild store, ig-88 at the arena store, and night sister initiate at the gw store. I'm also farming all 5 old republic toons from the holotables, as well as baze and bossk. The idea is to get 5 BH for chewie (bossk dengar and ig88, to join boba and cad bane, that I already have) , and the 5 OR for revan, when he returns.

4. When I have enough energy (I usually do 3 cantina refreshes and 3 regular energy), I farm mother talzin. As soon as I finish one of my current LS/DS farms I'l switch to her. After my current cantina farms, NS and deathtrooper (again, for chex mix). Planning to get a NS team for the STR raid (daka and asajj are already at 7, currently getting initiate from the gw...).

5. From the fleet store I get chirrut when possible, and zetas.

6. From the fleet table, I'm farming enfys.

7. I'm doing fine at the fleet arena (top 5, sometimes 1st place), but I'm starting to have some trouble when I face hound's tooth. I play the usual team (biggs, kru, tfp, vader, under tarking), but perhaps I should star considering farming the geonosians? on the other hand, BH ships are arriving... Guess I'll wait and see...

So, is this a reasonable plan? Am I missing some other obvious options? Thanks for your time.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Do mod energy refrushes instead of normal or cantina.

Mods are the real meta in this game and yours are poor.
  • Options
    Your plan has to be whatever you want our plan to be.

You're doing really well.

Do you want to build a Bastila-led Jedi team? They're getting more and more popular.

Nightsisters?

Work towards Traya?
  • Options
    I agree with the mod farming, maybe drop a cantina refresh for 2 mod farms. 3 if you have the crystals.
  • Options
    You have a spread of Zetas but no focused Arena team(s) and mods always need work!
    STEP 1 pick a team or 2 to really work on!
    From your roster 3 obvious choices
    1) First Order - Best in my opinion would be - KRU, Kylo, Executioner, FOST and FOO
    (zFOST is amazing and FOX lays down the damage)
    2) Rebels - your issue is you need Chewie.....so you need some seriously geared BHs - and your BHs are weak. Boba at G12, Dengar at G10 as a minimum and ideally Bossk....
    Then you would be aiming at - CLS, Chewie, Han, R2D2, Old Ben (10 Zetas on this team)
    3) Resistance - JTR, R2 and BB8 are the core then 2 more. I’m no expert but RT and Holdo seem to work.

STEP 2
    1) After you’ve picked and farmed a team to 7* then spend several weeks or more farming mods.
    If you had any of those 3 teams with decent speed secondary mods then you could break top 50 on Offence....sure you will drop back on defence. But seriously don’t aim for top 500.

Personally I’d be farming FOST on hard nodes, FOX in Cantina, Greedo in Squad Arena Store, Dengar with Guild Currency + either Bossk (optimal) or Zam (also works)
    1) KRU, FOST, FOX, FOO, Kylo - Zetas on FOST and Kylo next
    2) Boba(l), Greedo, Dengar, Zam, Cad Bane - Boba to G12, others to G10+, no Zetas needed.
    3) Mod Farm, Mod Farm, more Mod farming.
  • Options
    I would not expect you to get chewie next time around... as bounty hunters need to be seriously upgraded. Work towards tjrawn and first order. Patience is key
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For arena, I’d go with a JTR-led Resistance team and make sure they have your fastest mods. Start with both Reys, BB-8, R2, & Trooper and see how you do with that. Then you can do experimenting with other Resistance characters to see which works best.

As others have said, it’s a good idea to do 3 mod energy refreshes a day if you can. You have some good mods, but not a lot. And when you’re getting teams ready for the sith raid or territory wars, you’re going to need a lot of speed on a bunch of characters.

Right now, it looks like you are on your way toward good Resistance and First Order teams for the sith raid. I would work on farming and building up your Nightsisters and gearing your Phoenix characters so you can have 2 more good teams. Gearing your Phoenix team will also help get Thrawn to 7*. Another character you’re going to need for the sith raid is Death Trooper. Deathmark is an essential part of the Chex Mix team.

Another long-term farm you should consider is bounty hunters. You’re eventually going to need them for Chewbacca, fleet arena, probably the OT Millenium Falcon, bounty events, Rebel Roundup, phase 3 of the sith raid, and territory battles. Basically, they’re the midgame version of Phoenix. If you don’t get them, you’ll regret it. So I’d suggest farming and gearing them as well.
  • Options
    Phoenix will always be needed. They will help both arena and fleet.
    I would focus on one team at a time. I got mine to average meaning 7*, g8, ab mats 5 before I moved on to another. I got a workable team of Phoenix, edi, ewok sith and fo. Then I built them higher. I do that for each team. I focused on toons that were both crew and in that team. Helped me to stay high in both arenas
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    3) IG—88 doesn't do well in Chewie's legendary event. Using its AoE is suicide, since it feeds huge amounts of TM to the enemy team. Greedo with his chance for bonus attacks with his basic is great, however.
  • BadabumChaCha
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    a jtr team would perform better i think, you can either go for full resistance or jtr bb8 r2 + 2 random (could be CLS and han or CLS and whatever, nest when ready)

zep teams are strong if you go full sith/empire, you can use them once thrawn is completed
    you should also focus on nihilus, he is a perfect plug in toon like thrawn

so, for now, I would go jtr
    then zep when thrawn and nihilus are completed adding sion right after
    shore is a long farm but can be very helpful for zep and for troopers events/battles, I would do him after nihilus and sion tho
    and of course prepare yourself for the next time Chewbacca and revan will return, so BH (focus on bossk and dengar) and OR toons

last but not least advice: try to always go for better guilds until you reach a guild that can complete efficiently all guild activities (heroic raids, good results and participation in TB..)
  • Options
    Mods! More mods! Just pick a faction and max em then move on to the next