Collusion in Arena

13Next

Replies

• Options
    rawman wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, but what if you contacted others that are in the same position as you are and you form your own shard chat? Say you got everyone in rank 51-100 to all work together to get into the top 50 spots. That way you can ignore each other and focus on taking out people in the other shard chat. Seems brutal but its effective when a group of people work together to defeat another group of people. A single stick isn't going to do much against a bundle of sticks, but a bundle of sticks being smashed against another bundle of sticks will do some damage.

they wont be able to touch top10 in most cases. this is pretty naive thinking from you. people who finish around around 50-20 often cant beat me on offense even, and thats even before i moved to revan team. just in the last 2 days i saw few people outside the chat trying to pass me, swapping teams aswell to Zaul, Trio, Nest and still fail. and dont let me start about the traya meta. there were days i woke up at #3-4 and needed a single fight to reach my daily #1.
    the top guys who are in the shard chat are the meta deciders for the shard. they get the trayas first, the revans first.. they have the best mods and they can put the best defense team. if you think someone whos placing around 60 daily can pass them easily, you are SO WRONG.
    if it was the opposite, and the guys outside the top (and outside the shard) would be able to do good vs those inside the chat *CONSISTENTLY*, the chats would look different.
    those within the chat are there for a reason, those outside aren't there for a reason.
    Second shard chat will lose hard to the first. if you think about it, they already lose their competition in earlier and easier metas, and thats why they are left behind now.

Yep, the problem of most guys not in the shard chat is that they think people in top get their ranks for free. All of them have super-effective teams and a powerful roster and modbase. Otherwise they would not be there.

If they were really that great, they wouldn't have to collude and clock block to stay there would they?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, but what if you contacted others that are in the same position as you are and you form your own shard chat? Say you got everyone in rank 51-100 to all work together to get into the top 50 spots. That way you can ignore each other and focus on taking out people in the other shard chat. Seems brutal but its effective when a group of people work together to defeat another group of people. A single stick isn't going to do much against a bundle of sticks, but a bundle of sticks being smashed against another bundle of sticks will do some damage.

they wont be able to touch top10 in most cases. this is pretty naive thinking from you. people who finish around around 50-20 often cant beat me on offense even, and thats even before i moved to revan team. just in the last 2 days i saw few people outside the chat trying to pass me, swapping teams aswell to Zaul, Trio, Nest and still fail. and dont let me start about the traya meta. there were days i woke up at #3-4 and needed a single fight to reach my daily #1.
    the top guys who are in the shard chat are the meta deciders for the shard. they get the trayas first, the revans first.. they have the best mods and they can put the best defense team. if you think someone whos placing around 60 daily can pass them easily, you are SO WRONG.
    if it was the opposite, and the guys outside the top (and outside the shard) would be able to do good vs those inside the chat *CONSISTENTLY*, the chats would look different.
    those within the chat are there for a reason, those outside aren't there for a reason.
    Second shard chat will lose hard to the first. if you think about it, they already lose their competition in earlier and easier metas, and thats why they are left behind now.

Yep, the problem of most guys not in the shard chat is that they think people in top get their ranks for free. All of them have super-effective teams and a powerful roster and modbase. Otherwise they would not be there.

If they were really that great, they wouldn't have to collude and clock block to stay there would they?

Again, if you are able to reach top-ranks you usually have a roster which i strong enough to beat ANY other squad on offense. The only way top-ranks are claimed in this system is by sniping/blocking. Shard chat members just prefer to save crystals and time effort.
  • Options
    Ryan0324 wrote: »
    I don't know what the solution would be. I found my shard, the response I got was "the shard doesn't want to add you." And I am capable of getting into the top 10. Or at least I was and tried to get in the shard. Now I get targeted specifically. So I can get sent back from #3 all the way to #103. For me it's really made the arena unenjoyable. Especially knowing I have a better team than others in the shard and knowing I now am competing against everyone in the shard. And there is nothing I can do about it.

The shard chat rarely includes more than 30 ppl, and those 30 are usually within the top 40. If u are dropping to 103 overnight, trust me it's your squad. Dont blame the shard chat when ur defense is horrible.
  • Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    Ryan0324 wrote: »
    I'm telling you it happens. I'm at 6 now because I went ahead and finished my extra attempts. Once I get up in the morning, promise I'll be out of the top 50. And I know I'll hear that it's my team and defense, bit there are teams way easier to beat out than mine that never get sent back as far as me. The truth is I'm being targeted.

Yep. Only reason you would drop so low is that you’re targeted. Don’t feel bad though, I’m that guy on my shard too. Sad thing is that peeps bought revan and purposely knock me down and they don’t even make their own payout????? Salty much? I guess when you throw that much money into the game, they don’t need to worry about making first.

Someone sounds salty...

Srsly if u drop out of 50 it's ur own problem. The fricking shard chat players stay in top 30 most of the time - u cant knock someone to below 50 if u are in top 30.

I have an alt, also in a shard chat and it has dropped below 50, once below 100 overnight. U just happen to be targetted by other pubs as well. My main rarely drops below the 30s now, but only last week i dropped below 60. IT. HAPPENS. And when it happens more often than not, clearly your team isnt strong enough to hold.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Top 20 is relatively harmless (for those in the chat), because everyone climbs when and where they need to. Ping pongs doesn't happen. Once I fall back to 20ies though, I could easily see myself in 50ies next day.

As said numerous times earlier: No, not all your top 100 are conspiring against you. Noone even cares as long as you aren't getting into the 20.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1707 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @BubbaFett I’m understanding where you’re coming from with this.

It’s not shard chats in general you’re in disagreement on, it’s the malicious lock out of players who want to move up , or if they’re accepted, telling them “ok, but you’ll be 11th all the time and you can’t move any higher”

If that’s the case, then yes, that isn’t fair.

I’m in a shard chat going on three years. We constantly accept others into the chat and rotate the payouts (I.e., if I’m first on Monday , then I move to the back of the rotation on Tuesday , where ever that is whether is 4, 5, 6..how ever many are in there..in my case there are 5 in my payout) and we try our best not hit anyone’s payout that is immediately after ours to not push them back and if we must switch, we dm the person and let them know.

We look at it like a mini guild and we work tother all the time to obtain a finite resource that when done correctly, saves a bunch of money.

Am I getting where you’re coming from?
  • Options
    @Carth_Onassi1973 exactly....
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    if ppl can reach rank 1, but a whole group of ppl are locking them and slingshotting ppl that try to do so is far from ethical in any way. i witness in our chat if a person that can hit rank one and is trying to, they will use alot of ppl to either lock him or chain him down the ranks. to prevent him from it. i cant think that is fair at all!
  • Options
    @BubbaFett I’m understanding where you’re coming from with this.

It’s not shard chats in general you’re in disagreement on, it’s the malicious lock out of players who want to move up , or if they’re accepted, telling them “ok, but you’ll be 11th all the time and you can’t move any higher”

If that’s the case, then yes, that isn’t fair.

I’m in a shard chat going on three years. We constantly accept others into the chat and rotate the payouts (I.e., if I’m first on Monday , then I move to the back of the rotation on Tuesday , where ever that is whether is 4, 5, 6..how ever many are in there..in my case there are 5 in my payout) and we try our best not hit anyone’s payout that is immediately after ours to not push them back and if we must switch, we dm the person and let them know.

We look at it like a mini guild and we work tother all the time to obtain a finite resource that when done correctly, saves a bunch of money.

Am I getting where you’re coming from?

In summary, when it's an inclusive group of people working together to ensure resources are acquired and shared to the max, that's a community and a great thing.....

When things like "clock blocking" and "teaching someone a lesson" come into play, the line has been crossed..... And, it seems very easy for folks to cross that line....
  • Options
    When things like "clock blocking" and "teaching someone a lesson" come into play, the line has been crossed..... And, it seems very easy for folks to cross that line....

You do realize, that even if shard chats didn't exist, that "clock blocking" still would? It's basically an intended part of the game mode.
  • Options

You do realize, that even if shard chats didn't exist, that "clock blocking" still would? It's basically an intended part of the game mode.

I'm not talking about one or two guys using a battle at the last minute.... Perfectly fine with that, if you got your rank and have battles left then you deserve your spot and can use your remaining battles to.preserve it. . I am talking about a large group all clock blocking together..