R2 Crew Member

Prev1
Kindler
14 posts Member
edited November 2018
Had CG said anything about why R2 isn't part of the Crew for Anakin's Starfighter? He is very clearly there but doesn't benefit the toon just seemed odd. Other than that, thanks for the new Starfighter. Looks like it will be a blast.

Replies

• Options
    Maybe R2 will be used as the crew member for Luke’s x-wing when we get it.
  • Options
    Hes on the ship
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Yet R2 is shown on the ETA-2 pic. Doesn't make sense to me either.
    05dx0gbdj9wd.gif
  • Options
    3nmbusbs3js9.jpeg
  • Options
    Yeah, I know but he doesn't benefit it. The Ghost has Chopper. It seemed odd that he is visible but not a Crew member.
  • Options
    BB8 isn't a crew member on Poe's x-wing.
  • Options
    That’s just art. But it is kinda strange.
  • Options

He is another that seemed odd. But thanks for pointing him out too
  • Options
    That’s just art. But it is kinda strange.

R2 is there in the gameplay too
  • Options
    I've been saying the same thing with BB for Poes X wing.?
    Since Chopper got the Ghost.
    Now No R2 with Anakin . Kinda a bummer.
  • Options
    Yeah BB8 is also right there on Poe's ship and is not a crew member...
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Won't happen.

CG can't get you to buy R2D2 packs because he's a legendary toon. Similar for BB-8 wrt Poe's X-Wing.
  • Options
    Except almost all the single pilot ships show droids on them. From plo and asoka to Biggs, wedge. and the resistance xwing. Even the jedi consular ship shows a droid. Its just the artwork of the ship. Better than having a blank hole or worse changing the ship design to not show droids.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Definitely a missed opportunity

Unless they're planning to use him for Luke's x-wing. I wouldn't be surprised if they add luke as rogue leader with biggs and wedge synergy.
  • Options
    z8hxedbxnnjh.png
    Missed opportunity...
    Come on CG, it's not too late to add R2 as a crew member. He deserves to be in a ship.
  • Options
    Fact is CG never went with any consistency on ships. These "missing droids" on many of the ships could have been easily fixed had they went with the ship hardware option, originally. Then each ship showing a droid could have gotten said droid without it being a playable toon.

Then it was dropped.

Now we have a lot of ships needing droids to make sense - but no chance of it happening. And the two droids we do have aren't attached to any (R2 could easily be part of the millennium falcon too). The 1, chopper, stands out as the only one that makes any sense, though since it's just him.... does it?

TL:DR; Ships were never implemented right, and continue to be released with any consistency.
    (this has nothing to do with whether you like ship battles or not, I do, but that doesn't make stuff liek this cringeworthy)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It would have been cool that all the Rebel and Galactic Republic starfighters came with an accompanying astromech, but that would be insane farming, and put other starfighters at a disadvantage.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    The problem is, if you give R2 or BB8 as a crew member, then the marquee becomes pointless. Here's 50 shards for a ship that half the people can't use because they don't have the droid needed yet.

Also, this is the first character needed for ships that requires 80 shards to unlock him to use the ship that wasn't named Thrawn, since the Almost the beginning of ships(Cassians U-Wing). That's a big deal.
  • Options
    I’m more mad that they didn’t name an ability “that’s a neat trick”
  • Options
    It seems far more likely that R2 would be a crewmember for a legendary Red 5 ship.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Kindler wrote: »
    Had CG said anything about why R2 isn't part of the Crew for Anakin's Starfighter? He is very clearly there but doesn't benefit the toon just seemed odd. Other than that, thanks for the new Starfighter. Looks like it will be a blast.

Definitely a discussion within our guild as well. Hopefully r2 was just overlooked
  • Options

That's because BB-8 came after Poe's X-wing was already out
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    Except almost all the single pilot ships show droids on them. From plo and asoka to Biggs, wedge. and the resistance xwing. Even the jedi consular ship shows a droid. Its just the artwork of the ship. Better than having a blank hole or worse changing the ship design to not show droids.

But those droids aren't in the game, and for most we don't even know what droid it is. We very clearly know what droid is on Anakin's ship, and R2 is already a character in the game
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    medioXcore wrote: »
    I’m more mad that they didn’t name an ability “that’s a neat trick”

Maybe when we get a Naboo Starfighter piloted by podracer Anakin.
  • Options
    The problem is, if you give R2 or BB8 as a crew member, then the marquee becomes pointless. Here's 50 shards for a ship that half the people can't use because they don't have the droid needed yet.

Also, this is the first character needed for ships that requires 80 shards to unlock him to use the ship that wasn't named Thrawn, since the Almost the beginning of ships(Cassians U-Wing). That's a big deal.

But that's already what happens with EVERY ship with characters we don't have. There's PLENTY of marquee ships that need characters people weren't guaranteed to have.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    tanki60o wrote: »

But those droids aren't in the game, and for most we don't even know what droid it is. We very clearly know what droid is on Anakin's ship, and R2 is already a character in the game

Actually outside of the jedi consular and resistance xwing , we absolutely do know those droids , at least i know most of them. But yes they are not in the game. If they add r2 to anakins ship , it will not be aBle to be added to lukes red 5 , which is where i think he will be used
  • Options

Actually outside of the jedi consular and resistance xwing , we absolutely do know those droids , at least i know most of them. But yes they are not in the game. If they add r2 to anakins ship , it will not be aBle to be added to lukes red 5 , which is where i think he will be used

I know characters like Ahsoka and Plo Koon's droids too, but it's certainly not common knowledge. Only very hardcore clone wars fans would know them.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options

I know characters like Ahsoka and Plo Koon's droids too, but it's certainly not common knowledge. Only very hardcore clone wars fans would know them.

Sorta like only kotor fans know revan? Or the other kotor toons? Or only people who watched rebels knew about the phoenix squadron? Who knows about a chatacter shouldnt matter tbh.
  • Options

Sorta like only kotor fans know revan? Or the other kotor toons? Or only people who watched rebels knew about the phoenix squadron? Who knows about a chatacter shouldnt matter tbh.

No...Revan and Phoenix and all those characters are very popular. What I was talking about were the EXTREMELY obscure droids of the clone wars, not clone wars characters in general. I wasn't saying only clone wars fans know who Ahsoka is, was I? I was saying only huge clone wars fans know that the droid on Ahsoka's starfighter is R7-A7
    I AM the High Ground