Taunting while Fractured?

luzwaiveuest.jpg

Very surprised to see a Fractured Bossk taunting. i think he had 2 zetas but i don't think that explains it?

Replies

• Options
    If Trandoshan Rage is zeta’d, and he was already taunting, Bossk can taunt through fracture (if your weakest character - presumably Palpatine from the picture - has protection).
  • Options
    Same as Old Ben's taunt zeta. Gets reapplied between fracture cleansing the first taunt and the actual fracture "buff immunity" applying.
  • Options
    Essentially what's happening is this:
    1. Bossk is already taunting.
    2. Thrawn uses Fracture ability on Bossk.
    3. First thing Fracture does is dispel the debuffs on Bossk, including his taunt.
    4. Bossk's unique responds to the taunt dispel and immediately reapplies it for one turn if weakest enemy has protection (likely Palp in this case). This action interrupts Fraction.
    5. Fracture continues applying the rest of its effects before dealing its damage.

Essentially, any character that is capable of applying a buff on themselves whenever an existing buff is dispelled can apply that buff through Fracture.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Essentially what's happening is this:
    1. Bossk is already taunting.
    2. Thrawn uses Fracture ability on Bossk.
    3. First thing Fracture does is dispel the debuffs on Bossk, including his taunt.
    4. Bossk's unique responds to the taunt dispel and immediately reapplies it for one turn if weakest enemy has protection (likely Palp in this case). This action interrupts Fraction.
    5. Fracture continues applying the rest of its effects before dealing its damage.

Essentially, any character that is capable of applying a buff on themselves whenever an existing buff is dispelled can apply that buff through Fracture.

This.

There are certain abilities or uniques that react to the cleans which happens before fracture. the buff immunity is attached to fracture and those abilities will sneak it in there before fracture is applied.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It’s the same as the old ben mechanic... with the zeta he will regain taunt if fractured (as long as the weakest enemy still has protection)
  • Options
    Interesting, i imagined the buff immunity would prevent this, but now i get it.
    Thanks all for your explanations!
    i really learned something :smile:
  • TiberiusGrey
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So in this case Bane clearly does not have protection. Still taunts though, huh?yi2xb6vr3q8x.png
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    If the weakest enemy has protection. RT still has protection here
  • Options
    So in this case Bane clearly does not have protection. Still taunts though, huh?yi2xb6vr3q8x.png
    Yes. Because the weakest character on the opposing team (to bossk, you know, your team) still has protection
  • Options
    Oh... gotcha
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    KrahnacK wrote: »
    Interesting, i imagined the buff immunity would prevent this, but now i get it.
    Thanks all for your explanations!
    i really learned something :smile:

To be fair, the buff immunity of Fracture WILL prevent it, it's just that the Fracture move doesn't apply the Fracture debuff until after the taunt has reapplied. I'm actually not sure if Bossk's unique zeta functions like HT and adds taunt indefinitely if the weakest enemy had protection, but let's say for the sake of argument it does. If you are to use another character to dispell after Bossk already had Fracture, then the new one should be prevented in that scenario.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    Argh, didn't see the necro.