How about mods event?

komji15
534 posts Member
edited November 2018
There are a lot of marquee events. And a few people are tired of those events.

I suggest “the mods events”.

Now, there is no limit for usable unit at the mods challenges expect STAR.
Before mod 2.0 update, there are a limit of characters who are usable for each mods, such as, Offense mods: FO, Speed mods: Resistance...

Making a mod event sounds great I think.

<All Enemies are... 7-star and...
Tier 1: G10 w/ all omega’d
(Clear: 6 blue mods for each shape)
Tier 2: G12 w/ all omega’d
(Clear: 6 purple mods for each shape)
Tier 3: G12 w/ all zeta’d
(Clear: 6 gold mods for each shape)

Health Mods: For Sith
(Emenies: JKR GMY HY GK Jolee)
Defense Mods: For Jedi
(Emenies: Palp Vader Sion Nihilus DSBastila)
Crit.Dm. Mods: For Nightsisters (not jawa)
(Emenies: Jango Bossk Boba Dengar Embo)
Crit.Ch. Mods: For Bounty Hunter
(Emenies: Talzin Daka Asajj Acolyte Zombie)
Potency Mods: For Empire
(Emenies: CLS RHan R2-D2 Leia Ben)
Offense Mods: For First Order
(Emenies: JTR BB-8 R2-D2 Finn Poe)
Tenacity Mods: For Rebel
(Emenies: Palp Vader Thrawn Tarkin Shore)
Speed Mods: For Resistance
(Emenies: KRU Kylo FOST FOO FOE)

like these..

What are your thoughts?

Is it a great idea or bad idea?
We need more better mods.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They are phasing in the mythic and high tier "repeat" events to have mods as rewards. I think that has been a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are phasing in the mythic and high tier "repeat" events to have mods as rewards. I think that has been a step in the right direction.

agreed. I tried farming mods again for the first time in a long time. I had forgotten just how abysmal the drop rates were for quality mods.
  • Options
    Some events already give you a butt-ton of mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I'd prefer quality over quantity.

Hopefully they consider this in the future.
  • Options
    So you'd like CG to hand out mods for free. Mods, that otherwise you pay for, or pay for the energy to get.

Good luck.
  • Options
    So you'd like CG to hand out mods for free. Mods, that otherwise you pay for, or pay for the energy to get.

Good luck.

A lot of us never expected the mod shop to be accessible entirely by credits and building materials either. A mod heist is not out of the realm of possibility. They have been generous with the blue mods as rewards in events, but the vast majority are all health sets. The top tier of the Smuggler's Run event is pretty challenging so having a mod heist at that level of difficulty giving a guaranteed number (let's just say 2, so 6 total mods as reward) of triangle, cross and arrow mods for speed, crit damage, crit chance or offense would be most welcome. Possibly change it up and give a full set of one category in purple, or if they're feeling really generous, yellow. So basically every week and a half to two weeks the event would drop and you'd be guaranteed two sets of mods. It's still a gamble on whether you'd get worthwhile primaries and secondaries and would still require you to use credits and splicing materials to upgrade them so I'm not sure that's too game-breaking to ask.
  • Options
    Ebbda wrote: »

I can't disagree more. At base lvl there are no quality mods. I'd prefer quantity in hopes that I can cycle through enough of them to find a good one.
  • Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Ebbda wrote: »

I can't disagree more. At base lvl there are no quality mods. I'd prefer quantity in hopes that I can cycle through enough of them to find a good one.

I don't expect +20 speed secondaries falling from the sky but considering I have 3.3m gp, sim them at a way higher than average level I suspect and STILL only have one at +20, that's an issue.

I say earn them, too, but getting a bunch of rubbish and when you do get speed secondaries, 9/10 times they don't go up, it's frustrating. I still spend 50-100 crystals a day in hope, despite that.

Conclusion: At the current rate I'll have to continue as I am doing for 12 more years for a +20 mod set for one toon. They keep adding more toons monthly.

Hope you get what I'm saying.

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Some events already give you a ****ton of mods.

How many more blue health circles do we need?
  • Options
    Instead of a mod event, just replace the store with real 5* mods instead of the 3 and 4* garbage that dominates it now. Nothing is more hurtful than seeing a gorgeous gold mod with perfect stats and then notice it’s a 4* mod! 🤮

We have a mod salvage event already. Don’t need more.