RJT - How long can i get both 7-star V-Smugglers?

Hello guys! How long can i get both 7-star V-Smuggler Chew and Han? Are they easy to drop the shards which i farm? Thanks

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    They are similar to every other farm in terms of drop rates. I did three Cantina refreshes almost every day unless I was slicing mods, typically once a week. Took me from start of September-ish to just a few days ago to finish both.

This is really helpful, and is based off the universally (well, nearly) accepted drop rate of 33%:
    CANTINA CALCULATOR
  • Options
    If you’re refreshing 3x everyday id say 2 months ish.

I usually refresh once a day 2-3 times a week and I’ve been farming these jerks since the summer. (Im about 50 shards away from completion)
  • Options
    I got about a 33% drop rate on Chewy, and 30% on Han. If you do one refresh a day and claim free midday cantina energy, it should take you about 100 days to get them both to 7 stars.
  • Options
    I started playing when vets were already introduced, so I have to farm all 330 shards since I do not start at 3* from marquee events. So if you are in that situation, it takes more than 2 months. Ive been doing 3x refresh daily for past 2 months and am close... but looks like another half month to farm remaining 70ish shards.
  • Options
    We have seen some wild variation in drop rates of late. I now see around 20% actual character shards drop rate from Cantina and around 15% from campaigns, so I would say it takes around 3 months with 1-2 refreshes per day. It was the main reason I also buy crystals so I can buy ANY shards for veterans and for Old Republic coming up in the store and weekly store, plus buy any fixed-number-of-shards packs for them that come up. If you can afford it, that cuts down time to harvest dramatically and is only slightly more expensive than buying 3 refreshes per day (character shards cost 80 crystals in store with a 20% drop rate they cost around 60-70 crystals, at the suggested 30-33% drop rate would be around 50 crystals but take around 50% longer to harvest).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    We have seen some wild variation in drop rates of late. I now see around 20% actual character shards drop rate from Cantina and around 15% from campaigns....

20% and 15%? Forgive me for being sceptical about those numbers. Could I see your data, please? Ok, I'll go first:

After a recent discussion on these forums I've tracked my drops from the Hound's Tooth node until recently. My results:

218 battles done resulted in 72 Stormtrooper shards and 87 Hound's Tooth shards.

That's a 33% drop rate for Stormtrooper shards and 40% drop rate for Hound's Tooth shard.

That's quite far from your claimed 15% drop rate and quite close to the widely assumed and accepted 33% drop rate.

I didn't actually track my drops when farming Mission Vao from cantina, but I don't feel there's a lower drop rate than usual. I remember that the day before yesterday I did 3 refreshes, which gave me 15 shards total from 30 battles. Yes, that drop rate fluctuates from day to day for me personally, but I'm sure, that if tracking it for a few weeks, I would end up with just about the standard drop rate of 33%.

• Options
    Thank you for your replies.
  • Options
    With a sample thats big enough the drop rates will average 1/3. Has been tracked and confirmed.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies.

Just be prepared for it to take you a long time, don't get frustrated. I didn't use all that many refreshes and it took me a little over 5 months, and I missed RJT twice cause I wasn't ready haha. But when you get her, soooooooooooooooo worth it!! Excited for you!