Qi'ra bug (or poor wording) on Scattering Blast

Dryff
672 posts Member
edited November 2018
Dryff wrote: »
...if the intention is for them to be evaded by Foresight, the ability should state "Deal physical damage to all enemies AND dispel all buffs" instead of "Dispel all buffs THEN deal physical damage".

Qi'ra's special ability "Scattering Blast" states that it removes debuffs THEN deals damage:

bv2f68jazod3.jpg

However, if the target has Foresight the ability misses completely, and does not remove any debuffs. I'm pretty certain this has been addressed before with other dispel abilities (Chewie's Pulverize, for example), but it doesn't change the fact that the wording is incorrect.

In addition, the secondary part of the ability (remove debuffs from all enemies if Prepared) doesn't work if the enemy has foresight, though this part of the ability is ambiguous whether debuffs are removed before or after the damage, though it doesn't state that this ability has to deal damage to remove debuffs either (though this is consistent with how other dispel abilities work, the wording is ambiguous).
Post edited by Dryff on

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Interesting because I checked KRU and Asajj, two that I use routinely to cleanse, and their coding is similar/same for the dispel portion as Qi'ra, and they can cleanse foresight no problem.

However; they aren't damaging on the same move, which might be where foresight kicks in, if it being "cleansed" counts as it doing its job.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Interesting because I checked KRU and Asajj, two that I use routinely to cleanse, and their coding is similar/same for the dispel portion as Qi'ra, and they can cleanse foresight no problem.

These abilities also state they cannot be evaded (similar to Boba's execute or Sion's Torment).

For Qi'ra and Chewie, if the intention is for them to be evaded by Foresight, the ability should state "Deal physical damage to all enemies AND dispel all buffs" instead of "Dispel all buffs THEN deal physical damage".
  • Options
    The can't be evaded clause is key. Dispels can be evaded unless otherwise specified.
  • Options
    The can't be evaded clause is key. Dispels can be evaded unless otherwise specified.

Isn't that a bit of a catch-22? Dispel all clearable buffs, a group that Foresight belongs to. Unless the character has the clearable buff Foresight, in which case you can't clear any buffs.

Seems to defeat the purpose of listing it as a clearable buff if it can't be cleared by a skill that says, "dispel all buffs" unless the same skill also says "can't be evaded".

Overly complicated and therefore confusing in my opinion.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Isn't that a bit of a catch-22? Dispel all clearable buffs, a group that Foresight belongs to. Unless the character has the clearable buff Foresight, in which case you can't clear any buffs.

Seems to defeat the purpose of listing it as a clearable buff if it can't be cleared by a skill that says, "dispel all buffs" unless the same skill also says "can't be evaded".

No... you clear foresight.
  • Options

Do you? The OP is saying otherwise.
  • Options

Yeah, you definitely do NOT dispel foresight on these abilities. However, foresight CAN be dispelled by non-attack abilities (for example, Asajj Ventress).

All I'm saying is that the wording is bad on these abilities - so either the wording or the actual effect should be updated, because right now it makes no sense.
  • Options
    The same goes for Embo's basic - dispel, then damage.But it can be evaded.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    But the wording specificly states the order. It is a bug unless they say the wording is wrong.