Did we get fleet arena's merged without knowledge?

I'm just wondering because in my shard we suddenly have around 8 people i've never even seen in top 40 dominating top 20 in the last few days. Anyone else noticing anything like this?

Replies

• Options
    I'm just wondering because in my shard we suddenly have around 8 people i've never even seen in top 40 dominating top 20 in the last few days. Anyone else noticing anything like this?

People can change their time zones now.....
  • Options
    Ive also noticed new people in the top10, but luckily, not a threat to me.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    They can also spend money to gain advantage or suddenly start taking an interest in fleet/arena for crystals to grind characters for upcoming events/legendaries.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

^^^
    They probably had a bad payout time, so they changed to something more convenient—which, incidentally, is probably yours.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    nah, they definately merged leaderboards.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    nah, they definately merged leaderboards.

To paraphrase Wikipedia: [citation needed]

Because we can definitely explain the changes in leaderboards without having to say they merged them, and we can definitely point to times in the past where the developers have said that they don't merge leaderboards.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    I think Boov was joking.

I hope Boov was joking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Probably. It's hard to tell sarcasm on a board where you can't change text colors.

EDIT: Unless, wait, can you? Probably not. Oh snap! You can! There just isn't a shortcut for it in the reply field so you have to remember BBS code from 2004.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Probably. It's hard to tell sarcasm on a board where you can't change text colors.

EDIT: Unless, wait, can you? Probably not. Oh snap! You can! There just isn't a shortcut for it in the reply field so you have to remember BBS code from 2004.

I don't remember a lot from 2004
  • Options

I thought if you changed your time zone you still stayed in the same shard? Do they move you to a new shard as well??
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

I thought if you changed your time zone you still stayed in the same shard? Do they move you to a new shard as well??

I changed my payout time and I'm still in the same ship shard and arena shard.
  • Options
    Nothing changed for me and I live in the top 10 of my shard. SO that may not mean much because not much changes when you are as high as I am.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Mrtops wrote: »
    Nothing changed for me and I live in the top 10 of my shard. SO that may not mean much because not much changes when you are as high as I am.

I'm looking for something usable here besides the humble brag...
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

No they don't.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    then thats even more suspicious as half of top 20 in my shard is now players never seen before

/facepalm

There are thousands of players on a leaderboard not just the top 50.
    The allowing time change was for everyone not just the top 50.
    this will lead to a more active arena

beleive it or not there are many players that were less not able to be seen because they were in that 51 and beyond rank. Many probably didn't bother climbing because payout for them was locked into a bad time.

this means players that might not have climbed before because of time issues can now set payout for a more. convient time for them.
    this will lead to more active leaderboards.

new names seen in top 50 just means someone you hadn't see before used the same Qol change others have.

drop down to that 51+ viper pit sometime, many players have same teams gear levels as top 50 just normally don't have the time to battle at payout or don't care about arena.
  • Options
    I've seen waves of people moving in both squad and fleet arena. Most commonly happens in the days following a legendary or fleet mastery event, as multiple people unlock new levels of power.