Is This Good Progress for 1 Year?

So I noticed that my account turned 1 year old 5 days ago, and I was wondering if I was progressing at a good rate, asking all of you vets out there, what should I have done to grow this faster? Or is it already good enough?

https://swgoh.gg/p/341886912/
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/

Replies

• Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Errrrr not really. But i guess if u started without knowing anything about the game then yes this is decent progress.

For reference, my alt started around 3-Dec-17 and is at 2.1m gp. But of course that is with knowledge i have from playing my main, so my farming is alot more specific than most.

Also bear in mind that most vets have absolutely no idea what gp they were at 1year into the game, because this gp thing is only slightly above 1yr old, while we started 3 years back.
  • Options
    Yeah dude it's pretty darn good. Always can be better, but your collection with serve you well in the long run. IT, sith, bossk, wampa, these guys have long shelf lives. tighten up on gear here soon and eventually start prepping for HSTR. Don't worry too much about GP, grand arena has been prooving that it's merely a number.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thats never going to work. Everyone has different focuses and judges things differently.

try and pick an area you want to focus in and ask for help on how to improve there. That will yield better feedback.

General Feedback:
    you have a decent base, but you have spread yourself out alot. find a focus and work on that.

pick 1 or 2 toons on each table and farm them to 7* and then move to the next goal. this will help you gather guild tokens too as you will have a farming focus as each days daily activity rolls around.

make sure you pay attention to the calendar (when it comes out) and try to be ready for the next legendary as they roll out.

dont level and gear anything you can't find a use for. you have enough to get to 7* that can help you grow and develop.
  • Options
    Errrrr not really. But i guess if u started without knowing anything about the game then yes this is decent progress.

For reference, my alt started around 3-Dec-17 and is at 2.1m gp. But of course that is with knowledge i have from playing my main, so my farming is alot more specific than most.

Also bear in mind that most vets have absolutely no idea what gp they were at 1year into the game, because this gp thing is only slightly above 1yr old, while we started 3 years back.

Thanks then, is GP all that important? I was mainly asking about the squads and factions I built. BTW, I have 3 spare Zetas I'm holding on to, probably for C3PO and maybe Revan when I get him, suggestions on who(m?) they should go to?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    Thing about this game is it's unpredictable in a lot of ways, so take advice with a grain of salt as for specific farms. It's good advice focusing on a few good rather than meh many. Take it from one who's done the opposite :)
  • Options
    I would try watching some videos about who to farm. Here’s a good one to get you started.

https://youtu.be/a2_J_BwXSOY
  • Options
    U should have invested more time in if ur rank is outside 200 ur not progressing well. I’m almost 1 mil 3 months In F2P don’t expect u to progress at my pace but most in top 50 at least around 700k gp F2P.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Here’s my progress for a year for comparison. I did spend $20 on a Darth Vader pack, so I’m not a free player, but also far from a whale. https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/

The biggest differences between your progress and mine are focus and arena rank. If you focus on the teams you need for each event, then you’ll be able to get more legendary characters faster. And if you emphasize doing well in both arenas, that will give you crystals to do more energy refreshes each day. Mods are also essential, especially speed and offense secondaries.
    Post edited by Kai_Mulai on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'd say, you're a bit behind the curve, but your roster definately has a future.

You already have 7* CLS, Han and EP, 6* BB8, GK, GMY.

Your troopers (Starck) only need a little love to be able to do the IPD mission in TB.

If you give Greedo some attention (possibly BH in general) you may be able to unlock Chewie by the end of the month. However rank 6 and 7 seem far out of reach. You will also be able to do the special mission and combat mission of p2/p4 of TB.

Your FO are soon ready to take BB8 to rank 7, but you didn't farm veterans for JTR yet.

You will soon have GMY at 7*, since you're farming the OR jedi.

However, you still have far to go, to be ready for T6/7 STR, and your modding of your arena team seems a bit off. Several of your best mods are on Wampa, BB8 etc. instead of on your arena team.
    Bahumat wrote: »
    BTW, I have 3 spare Zetas I'm holding on to, probably for C3PO and maybe Revan when I get him, suggestions on who(m?) they should go to?

Holding on to zetas for C3PO doesn't do you any good unless your ewoks will be able to unlock it (and it looks like they are far behind currently). Your ewok aren't even ready for the Wicket event.

MTFBWY

Post edited by Waqui on
  • Options
    Here’s my FTP account - 1 year old also as a comparator for you —> I stuck to Warriors Pillars (broadly). Minor changes like doing Bistan/SRP rather than Chaze etc.
    (I did buy the 4* pack for Bastila)
    https://swgoh.gg/p/716997717/
  • Options
    You're doing alright but yeah your GP should be higher and I agree with @Kyno don't spread yourself too thin! Legendary toons a year in (except new ones like chewie) should all be done.

Here's mine for comparison (started November 2017)

https://swgoh.gg/u/invisinegro/
  • WiseJedi
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I agree with the others. Focus on some goals so that you keep up your motivation. And you know what you need for what. JTR is important for the Sith Raid but is also very effetice in TW and TB. But don't forget that the Vets are slow farming goals. Bastila is very effective as an Jedi Leader and one of the Requirements for JKR.

GP is one way to show your progress but not the only one. You can start at the same time with another player. One could be already at nearly 2 Mio GP.

GP is growing with your rooster. Stay on focus and decide what you want.

There's Revan, JTR, BH and many more like Ewoks for C3PO.

What's important to know. As a f2p you don't get everything for the very first time. You will get it but in a little slow way.

I'm also f2p but enjoy this game. Play the game like you want but do have a plan. You'll not loose your farming goals. And don't forget that you have an guild which helps you and support you too. Good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    Really sucks reading these comments, most of which are horribly condescending ( I'm better, so no, it's not good). I've been at it over a year and my roster, though better focused on certain factions, is not better. I guess the thing is some of us actually have things going on outside of phone games, and don't have the time, energy, or resources to spend on an app when there's a whole world out there. I come to the forums occasionally for strategy, but get rather sick of posts where people actually flex ego over a stupid video game. If this is all you have going for you, I wish you much needed luck.
  • Options
    enltguy wrote: »
    Really sucks reading these comments, most of which are horribly condescending ( I'm better, so no, it's not good). I've been at it over a year and my roster, though better focused on certain factions, is not better. I guess the thing is some of us actually have things going on outside of phone games, and don't have the time, energy, or resources to spend on an app when there's a whole world out there. I come to the forums occasionally for strategy, but get rather sick of posts where people actually flex ego over a stupid video game. If this is all you have going for you, I wish you much needed luck.

He came to the forums looking for feedback, he got it..... I don't see any of it as being condescending.
  • Options
    enltguy wrote: »

I wasn’t trying to be condescending. The original poster was asking how he was doing and could he improve. If I only posted that he was doing badly or I was better without offering help, that would be condescending. But instead, I tried to give advice that hopefully will be helpful. From what I saw, others did the same.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I'd say, you're a bit behind the curve, but your roster definately has a future.

Your troopers (Starck) only need a little love to be able to do the IPD mission in TB.

If you give Greedo some attention (possibly BH in general) you may be able to unlock Chewie by the end of the month. However rank 6 and 7 seem far out of reach. You will also be able to do the special mission and combat mission of p2/p4 of TB.

Your FO are soon ready to take BB8 to rank 7, but you didn't farm veterans for JTR yet.

However, you still have far to go, to be ready for T6/7 STR, and your modding of your arena team seems a bit off. Several of your best mods are on Wampa, BB8 etc. instead of on your arena team.
    BTW, I have 3 spare Zetas I'm holding on to, probably for C3PO and maybe Revan when I get him, suggestions on who(m?) they should go to?

Holding on to zetas for C3PO doesn't do you any good unless your ewoks will be able to unlock it (and it looks like they are far behind currently). Your ewok aren't even ready for the Wicket event.

MTFBWY

for the post owner:
    read this
    discard the rest
  • Options
    How do you see how old your account is lol
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Look back over your credit card statements lol
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »

Look back over your credit card statements lol

Why lol I never paid for anything at the beginning
  • Options

MTFBWY

Didn't pay attention to BB-8, but I do rotate wampa in and out of my arena team with LAB
  • Options

I joined SWGOH.GG the same day I started playing and it shows the date you joined in your profile.
  • Bahumat
    146 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

MTFBWY

Yeah, I'm pouring everything into my ewoks that my f2p self can lol, I love droids, and I'm hoping that C3PO be able to make them meta. One more thing; Are the faction packs for the ewoks good value, and do you think C3PO will be unlockable at 6 stars with G9ish (My goal for the ewoks if logray shows up in guild store more than once a week)?

MTFBWYT