Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All the entitled babies that “need to be first to unlock their enevitible quest” first to unlock lol at you BIG LOL since your the MAJORITY throwing out the “your entitled “ posts 10000000000000 % of the time hows it feel being the entitled babies lol
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    All the entitled babies that “need to be first to unlock their enevitible quest” first to unlock lol at you BIG LOL since your the MAJORITY throwing out the “your entitled “ posts 10000000000000 % of the time hows it feel being the entitled babies lol

    I'll respond to this sentence as soon as it ends.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    Benchmark wrote: »
    Preview Phase needs to be cut out altogether.
    24 hrs preview
    24 hours defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defensive set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review and receive rewards
    That’s 10 days to do at the most 3 opponents. Time needs to be cut. If I have this figured wrong then please let me know. To me it’s going to cut the joy out of this arena just because it’s drug out through way to many days.
    @CG_SBCrumb

    You have figured it wrong. It's 7 day event, not 10. Get rid of the review parts.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    So how are places done? Is it an actual bracket tournament? For example, if I lose my first match am I in a losers bracket and playing for 5th place at best after that?

    I think it's based on record.

    The one person that's 3-0 gets first place, the 3 people who are 2-1 gets 2-4 the 3 that are 1-2 get 5-7 and the one that goes 0-3 gets 8th.
  • With the addition of fleets you need atleast two fleets to defend no matter what gp? Then I need two to attack? Seems very difficult for low gp players
  • Ultra
    8466 posts Moderator
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    With the addition of fleets you need atleast two fleets to defend no matter what gp? Then I need two to attack? Seems very difficult for low gp players
    Guess its about strategy

    Do you leave 1 fleet on defense, three for offense or two strong offense / two meh defenses etc.

  • Ultra wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    With the addition of fleets you need atleast two fleets to defend no matter what gp? Then I need two to attack? Seems very difficult for low gp players
    Guess its about strategy

    Do you leave 1 fleet on defense, three for offense or two strong offense / two meh defenses etc.

    Its going to be tougher than character squads for sure
  • Mikayas wrote: »
    the tie breaker is a joke.

    Most GP wins.

    Whoever made that call should be ashamed and embarrassed.
    Then don't tie. Look at how banners are calculated--pretty much the only way to tie is if both players set the maximum number of teams and no one wins an offensive battle.
    Benchmark wrote: »
    Preview Phase needs to be cut out altogether.
    24 hrs preview
    24 hours defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defensive set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review and receive rewards
    That’s 10 days to do at the most 3 opponents. Time needs to be cut. If I have this figured wrong then please let me know. To me it’s going to cut the joy out of this arena just because it’s drug out through way to many days.

    Review periods and setup periods overlap. So it's:
    Day 1: Signups
    Day 2: Preview and set defenses.
    Day 3: Beat people up.
    Day 4: Review round 1 and set up defenses.
    Day 5: Beat people up.
    Day 6: Review round 2 and set up defenses.
    Day 7: Beat people up.
    End of Day 7: Review and get prizes.

    In other words you get one reward per week.

    If they eliminate the preview phases you would still get one reward per week, but would have to log in at extremely specific times to participate.

    TL;DR: No preview means just as much rewards, but also more stress and crunch time. Fuuuuuun!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    So how are places done? Is it an actual bracket tournament? For example, if I lose my first match am I in a losers bracket and playing for 5th place at best after that?

    I think it's based on record.

    The one person that's 3-0 gets first place, the 3 people who are 2-1 gets 2-4 the 3 that are 1-2 get 5-7 and the one that goes 0-3 gets 8th.

    Duh, thanks.
  • I think the Grand Arena Tie-Breakers is not the right solution. Winner should be the one who used less GP for the tie instrad of the one increased his/her GP in the meanwhile.
  • DonBongo92
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I like the idea of Grand Arena, but the rewards are ridiculously low!
    This is exactly the same amount of time as playing 3 TW in a row.
    (even more because if you are not TW officer, you have to manage your own defense and offense system, while in TW, the TW officers tell you what to do)

    3 TW-s on my level has max reward of 9 zeta 12 omega around 36-36-36 of carbanti, stunfucc, holo projector, guild tokens, guild event tokens, and I think crystals as well.

    This GA has extremely poor rewards compared to that!
    So up the rewards greatly and it will be ok.
    Double the gear, add some crystals and omegas, ship omegas as well and its gonna be ok.
  • These are only the final rewards. We'll get some rewards after each win too (in exhibition event we got 100k credits, I assume it will be the same now), and I think we'll get some other rewards after each round too.

    The system is exactly Swiss tournament for those speculating how ranking will be managed. Just google for Swiss tournament system and you'll understand. It looks complicated at first, but it's not. It's a combination of round robin and double elimination.
    In a group of 8, everybody will fight 3 times (2 at pow of 3 = 8). The final rewards brackets are exactly how wins will be distributed: #1 will have 3 wins, #2-4 will have 2 wins, #4-7 will have 1 win and #8 will have 0 wins. The nice part is that if you loose in the first round, you can still get in the #2-4 bracket by winning next 2 rounds, so you're not automatically fighting for #5-8 after loosing first round.
  • chron wrote: »
    You wanted to take the biggest strategy aspect out of GA by requiring people to place their defense BEFORE they are matched with someone and can scout their roster? No thanks.

    Defense was barely any strategic aspect until the Attack Phase. Scouting what roster, one's entire character collection? No thanks.

    1. Defense
    2. Matchmaking
    3. Attack

    No real detriment to strategy here, and it makes more sense in terms of balance and future means of setting defense.

    There is absolutely strategy behind it. No doubt about it.

    Only when selecting squads for defense against an unknown offense. It's the same either way, but my way is faster and fairer.

  • I’m really excited for the first real Grand arena, it is going to be so much fun! I lost the practice run with 6 banners but will do better this time. Hope for active participation from my opponents!
  • @CG_SBCrumb : Does anybody know for certain when mods are locked in for your defensive teams? This is a really important aspect of defense, and nobody seems to have a clear answer. I thought cg was trying to encourage mod use...
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb : Does anybody know for certain when mods are locked in for your defensive teams? This is a really important aspect of defense, and nobody seems to have a clear answer. I thought cg was trying to encourage mod use...

    They said everything is locked after the join period. It stays the same for all 3 rounds.
  • What's the point of a 24hour sign up period when we've already established even if you don't sign up you are put into GA?
  • What's the point of a 24hour sign up period when we've already established even if you don't sign up you are put into GA?

    That was only for the exhibitions, I believe people can sit out from now on if they want to. Just don't click join and ignore the mode entirely if you don't want to play.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

    Per the GA ties. You said GP is the tier breaker when the number of banners is the same. I assume it means whoever has the LOWER GP wins, correct? The person with more GP would be favored to win, so the person with Less GP should win because they forced the tie.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

    Per the GA ties. You said GP is the tier breaker when the number of banners is the same. I assume it means whoever has the LOWER GP wins, correct? The person with more GP would be favored to win, so the person with Less GP should win because they forced the tie.

    Higher GP. Presumably this reduces incentive to have a lower GP, because why would they want having g a lower GP to be a good thing?
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    Acymetric wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

    Per the GA ties. You said GP is the tier breaker when the number of banners is the same. I assume it means whoever has the LOWER GP wins, correct? The person with more GP would be favored to win, so the person with Less GP should win because they forced the tie.

    Higher GP. Presumably this reduces incentive to have a lower GP, because why would they want having g a lower GP to be a good thing?

    Don't they match opponents based on gp? So it's complete luck who you're matched with, right?
    They really need to fix the matchmaking tho
  • Really happy about the rewards in this round of GA! 90 stun cuffs is really good since we all need a ton of them and if you were to calculate their value from purple crystals/guild currency/event currency needed to buy these gear pieces its comes out to a lot of value! really like the amount of mod slicing material also since i usually spend lots of crystals on refreshes to get those mats anyways so this will reduce the amount of purple crystals i need to get my guys moded to 6e.
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

    Per the GA ties. You said GP is the tier breaker when the number of banners is the same. I assume it means whoever has the LOWER GP wins, correct? The person with more GP would be favored to win, so the person with Less GP should win because they forced the tie.

    Higher GP. Presumably this reduces incentive to have a lower GP, because why would they want having g a lower GP to be a good thing?

    Right. I'm sure it will be higher GP. I was using sarcasm to illustrate that this is a bad tiebreak.
  • I do have a question about ships that I don't think has been answered (or asked) although I can't say I've read every single GA related post.

    Does the empty slot bonus apply to reinforcements or just to the starting 3 (so you would have to enter with only 2 ships to get the empty slot bonus)?
  • Acymetric wrote: »

    Does the empty slot bonus apply to reinforcements or just to the starting 3 (so you would have to enter with only 2 ships to get the empty slot bonus)?

    Good question
  • l4dsz6z6b3su.jpg
    This is all I have seen since Friday. I cannot log in cannot do anything. Have loaded onto another device same thing, have deleted and downloaded the app over, reset the app and the device and I get this over and over, I have called EA support and live chatted with them and nothing. Alley code 583 942 148. Beyond frustrated.
  • Kasel_187 wrote: »
    l4dsz6z6b3su.jpg
    This is all I have seen since Friday. I cannot log in cannot do anything. Have loaded onto another device same thing, have deleted and downloaded the app over, reset the app and the device and I get this over and over, I have called EA support and live chatted with them and nothing. Alley code 583 942 148. Beyond frustrated.

    What's that have to do with grand arena?
  • Please tell me we dont have to do this mode more than once every couple months
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Please tell me we dont have to do this mode more than once every couple months

    Good news! You don't have to do it at all.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • there needs to be some kinda lock out if you dont set defence you cant attack... unless there is one already.

    There is the opposite. If you dont set defense it sets it for you
Sign In or Register to comment.