Revan is doing damage to the game...

Prev1
I get that your high price tag character has to be strong but Revan really has no counter play. I simply can't find a way to beat him. This has never happened before, powerful meta squads have always existed but one way or another they all had their weaknesses.

Beating Traya wasn't the easiest task but it was never nearly as difficult as beating Revan. What bothers me the most is how much I dislike the old republic content. I never even wanted Revan to come to the game and now that there's no possible way of beating him it makes things frustrating.

The saddest part of it is that 3PO, another's useless character who I never wanted to be added in the game, will most likely be able to beat Revan and many of us won't be able to get him because of how hard the event is.

This means that for months ahead we don't have a viable option to beating Revan. I can't see how that is good for the health of the game. EVERYONE, no matter their price tag should have a way to beat.

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    The saddest part of it is that 3PO, another's useless character who I never wanted to be added in the game, will most likely be able to beat Revan and many of us won't be able to get him because of how hard the event is.
    You only need C3PO at 5 stars to beat Revan teams
  • Options

The narcissism is strong with this one. "I never wanted", its not about you. With regards to the "many of us", what are your sources and what amount does your "many" quantify to?

I personally dont have Revan, I hate him because he's the complete anti- any faction pretty much, but do not go head on with the problem without even an inch of research and/or preparation.

Re: "how hard the event is", did you expect everything to benefit you or the masses? People are beating the event; *I'm specially glad for the one's that arent pro meta and just go about farming what they want.

Please reconsider everything you have stated; the post is rather sentimental rather than critical.
  • Options

This means that for months ahead we don't have a viable option to beating Revan. I can't see how that is good for the health of the game. EVERYONE, no matter their price tag should have a way to beat.

We need a counter. Except for the one you've given us, because I don't like that character. Therefore, there's no counter.

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Revan do have some counters, just you dont want to gear those guys up....
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Every meta does so much damage to the game, it's shocking the game is still going strong...

I mean come on. Game is fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    3PO squads are hardcounters for Revan on offense

Except most of us aren't getting 3PO
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Lmao, like nest? Ohh yeah I did gear her and then she was nerfed. But please feel free to shard counters because I don't knoe of any
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Every meta does so much damage to the game, it's shocking the game is still going strong...

Nothing beats Revan, it's literally the first time this has even happened to this game
  • Options

Nothing beats Revan, it's literally the first time this has even happened to this game

Several people have given several examples of how that isn't true. And besides, do you think CG is going to what, remove Revan from the game because one player is whining about how he/she cant beat them?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options

CLS...
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Look up CLS vs Revan on youtube (Nikolov has a few videos).
    Essentially - CLS + Chewie can kill him.....If you’re FTP and didn’t get 7* Chewie last time (I didn’t) then he’s back on the 25th Dec :)
    I’m confident I’ll get him this time - I’ve got Old Ben, R2 and Co ready in the wings!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Lmao, like nest? Ohh yeah I did gear her and then she was nerfed. But please feel free to shard counters because I don't knoe of any

How about droids?
    Vids on youtube.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1UBEE7A7Ec

Edit: vid link
  • Options
    The counter to Revan is a stronger Revan, obviously.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Holy crap dude then what the heck do you want in this game? Don’t want this don’t want that why don’t you just delete it then? Two totally different characters that tons of fans wanted added to this game. Sounds like you hate Star Wars to me.
  • Options

CLS...

Sarcasm detector needs new batteries.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

CLS...

Were you not around for the CLS meta?

Or do you think OP was being sarcastic? I'm pretty sure, based on post history, that they were not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Can you please elaborate on this one?
    I have c3po but never figured I could use it against Revan.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

CLS...

I guess it does need new batteries, if he was actually being sarcastic. I don’t think he was though based on the other stuff he said in this thread.
  • Options

"It" Lmao
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options

Have you not heard of this magical thing called youtube? Seriously just Google anti revan swgoh and several come up.... (including one with post "nerf" nest)
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Revan is imo bad for the game. He is too op. C3p0 is okay but no where near as good as Revan on defence.

Revan is pure cheese, gives whoever dies first another life and makes the whole squad attack in one turn. Combined with GK it's pure murder.

I feel you should stop bringing out chars simply to bring them out, I would prefer if they had a major game balance and let us use all the chars we spent so long to aquire and gear up.

Grand arena helps but a major overhaul and simplifications of the moves would be a breath of fresh air
  • Options
    Bahumat wrote: »

"It" Lmao

6cswvczwwhji.png
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Revan is super easy with Trayas Zion DN BSF Thrawn . Jtr with a fast r2 and nest/Srp counters as well . Cls with c3po there’s plenty of counters now . I agree over powered and definitely power creep but it’s still Rock Paper Scissors revan can be beaten . Takes practice
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Non-Bastila Revan:
    Qi'ra + Nest + HY (Nest modded for high tenacity)

Non-Jolee Revan:
    HK47, IG88, BB8, T3, IPD (needs some zetas tho)

Any Revan:
    CLS + Chewie
    Trio + Thrawn + Badstila
    JTR + C3PO

Just to name a few. After Chaze rock-paper-scissors became unbeatable in this game (thx to char diversity) and will always be unless CG brings out a COMPLETELY broken char/char combo.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Thankfully I'm not at a level where I ever come across Revan- yet.

But he's clearly a very, very tough opponent.

However - as this thread shows - he's beatable.
  • Options
    Just wait. Darth Revan will be stronger.

Jedi Knight Luke will be stronger than Darth Revan.

Jedi Supreme Rey will be stronger than Jedi Knight Luke.

God-emperor Jar Jar will rule them all.

And so-on. Each new Journey character will be the dominant force in the arena meta for a period of time. Otherwise there would be no impetus to get them.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Just wait. Darth Revan will be stronger.

Jedi Knight Luke will be stronger than Darth Revan.

Jedi Supreme Rey will be stronger than Jedi Knight Luke.

God-emperor Jar Jar will rule them all.

And so-on. Each new Journey character will be the dominant force in the arena meta for a period of time. Otherwise there would be no impetus to get them.

Your speaking my language!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    And yes, depending on of revan is very fast with 320 speed like the dude at the top of arena, theeeeeen he is beatable.

Ive beat him all the time with my palpy team and only had a hard time with a couple fast revans. He isnt impossible.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales