The Wampa Solution

SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited January 2019
To help dedicated Bounty Hunters out there earn the title they deserve through the prestigious quest in less than a year and a half the answer is very simple:

Make ALL the enemies in the final tier of Galactic Bounties into wampas, instead of just the main boss.

Even if it’s just 2-2-1 to total 5, this would drastically reduce our wait time for the quest and make life more fair and balanced.

Plus it doesn’t make sense that soldiers of any kind would be guarding the wampa. If anything Luke left the cave as a showing of mercy and because he could feel perhaps he was among hundreds of them. They have to reproduce after all. Check out the link below for some bonus terrible wampa attack footage that thankfully was left out of the final cut of one of the greatest movies of all time.

Meanwhile, please show support for at least the action I’ve outlined to make the prestigious quest more doable, and add any ideas you have for where else they might show up in the game. One of the Echo Base Dark Side Battles for example. Lucas originally wanted them to attack the base as the Empire was attacking.

https://youtu.be/jQEiNJnkQAw

Replies

• Options
    or you just fight them in arena/GW(if lucky)/TW/GA and dont only fight them when TB come around.

arena is easily the best way, just lower yourself enough to find them then only focus wampa, once hes dead you can quit the battle and fight him again in under 10 minutes. that can easily give you 5 a day (or less if you really want to stay high in arena for payouts)
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    or you just fight them in arena/GW(if lucky)/TW/GA and dont only fight them when TB come around.

arena is easily the best way, just lower yourself enough to find them then only focus wampa, once hes dead you can quit the battle and fight him again in under 10 minutes. that can easily give you 5 a day (or less if you really want to stay high in arena for payouts)

I bet I could not play arena for 2 weeks and never see a Wampa go by. He’s also not a common TW defensive character. And even if everyone put Wampa on D that’s still 1 per person every TW, which is maybe 3 per month or so. I don’t remember seeing one in GA either, but again, that’s going to be 1 or 2 a month even at max. These aren’t legitimate ways for most people to find Wampas.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I got 99 problems but a Wampa ain't one
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

This. It took me two weeks to finish this quest by dropping in arena. I wish all of the Bounty Hunter quests were that quick.
  • Options

How do you “lower yourself to find them?” THEY NEVER SHOW UP ANYWHERE. You think lower level arena people are going to have an increased chance of having wampa? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!
  • Options
    It’s a prestigious quest - you don’t need to finish it. If they hand it to us it will lose whatever prestige it currently has!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

How do you “lower yourself to find them?” THEY NEVER SHOW UP ANYWHERE. You think lower level arena people are going to have an increased chance of having wampa? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!

It does, people do it, and shouting only makes your argument look weaker.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

It makes perfect sense since I actually did it. Dropped to ranks 100-200 and there was a bunch of Wampas to beat. This quest took me two weeks to do by dropping down. Instead of slamming people for trying to help you, you should actually try it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I put Wampa on my GA defense, have fun if you meet me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    It’s a prestigious quest - you don’t need to finish it. If they hand it to us it will lose whatever prestige it currently has!

This
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm afraid that argument doesn't hold much water given the large variance in time required between such quests.

Grand Arena prestigious quest stages can be completed in a few days to a couple of weeks and there sre 1-3 of them. They are fun.

The original prestigious quest stages take weeks to months and there are 7 of them. In particular, the notorious 'Frozen Foe' sub-quest requires 50 Wampa kills and takes months to complete because of the rarity of Wampas in both PVE and PVP. Not fun.
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

It makes perfect sense since I actually did it. Dropped to ranks 100-200 and there was a bunch of Wampas to beat. This quest took me two weeks to do by dropping down. Instead of slamming people for trying to help you, you should actually try it.
    OP's drama aside, how much sense it makes depends on how mature your arena shard is, since Wampa is a long and non-essential farm. I have never seen one in the 100-200 range of my shard for example.
  • Options
    What event is there that you fight multiple Wampas? That's how I completed it?
  • Options
    Smarty wrote: »
    DSTB = 5 Wampas once a month.
  • Options
    Smarty wrote: »

There's a DS TB special mission that nets you five, but that's 10 months before you can move on. I love the idea of changing one of the Dark Side hard missions to be three stages of Wampa. While not thematically consistent with everything else going on in those final tiers, it would be a kindness to the player base for those interested in the finishing the quest (or moving on to other bounty hunter quests).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm afraid that argument doesn't hold much water given the large variance in time required between such quests.

Grand Arena prestigious quest stages can be completed in a few days to a couple of weeks and there sre 1-3 of them. They are fun.

The original prestigious quest stages take weeks to months and there are 7 of them. In particular, the notorious 'Frozen Foe' sub-quest requires 50 Wampa kills and takes months to complete because of the rarity of Wampas in both PVE and PVP. Not fun.
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

OP's drama aside, how much sense it makes depends on how mature your arena shard is, since Wampa is a long and non-essential farm. I have never seen one in the 100-200 range of my shard for example.

Agreed but I have guildmates that dropped to the 300-400 range to find them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It actuall lines up exactly with what they said prestigious quests would be, so yes that is a valid argument.

d9cnp64v8sqe.jpg
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care about the prestige quests, I think they're not worth the effort, but that's just my opinion.

What I don't understand is why there is this artificial limit on how many you can have active. If they are truly meant to be such a long-term undertaking, they should be separate from the grand arena ones. You shouldn't have to deactivate a long-term one you're in the middle of in order to activate one that has much better rewards. It's a choice there's no reason anyone should have to make.

Just unlock them all. It's no different than the normal achievements, which are all active at all times.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't care about the prestige quests, I think they're not worth the effort, but that's just my opinion.

What I don't understand is why there is this artificial limit on how many you can have active. If they are truly meant to be such a long-term undertaking, they should be separate from the grand arena ones. You shouldn't have to deactivate a long-term one you're in the middle of in order to activate one that has much better rewards. It's a choice there's no reason anyone should have to make.

Just unlock them all. It's no different than the normal achievements, which are all active at all times.

Agreed. I’m at 40/50 from DSTB alone. I don’t mind working on it in the background, but it’d be nice to do the same for the other quests as well. Especially as they keep adding more to the game.

I agree. I don't want to drop one that I'm so far into to just quit it to go after another.
  • Options
    Just wait for the wampa bundle,it will make one wampa appear every time you try do a normal fight in all normal and hard nodes of the game,only 99.99$.

I am in same boat as you am stuck at 37/50 waiting for that galactic event to kill some more,so close yet so far.
  • Options
    How do you pass the IG88 quest ?
  • Options
    How do you pass the IG88 quest ?

You wait few more years until they realize they didnt put much long-term thinking in creating those and redesign them. They ask you to plan long term, but CG didn't......