Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    7yaj7bqnt58s.png
    Another thirty two G12 difference matchup

Look at this guys defense

With a few of the right teams that shouldn't be too difficult. The revan would be the hardest tho, but there are counters

Uh oh the hindsight crew in da house
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    7yaj7bqnt58s.png
    Another thirty two G12 difference matchup

Look at this guys defense

With a few of the right teams that shouldn't be too difficult. The revan would be the hardest tho, but there are counters

Uh oh the hindsight crew in da house

😂 It's the same teams I see on defense almost every GA tho..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    scmuwykw9otc.jpeg
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    scmuwykw9otc.jpeg

Or the guy that girs 85 n 0 😂😂😂
  • Sepir
    38 posts Member
    cfodder wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    When people set no defense we should get both the full clear and +64 points for each squad not set as we cleared them with minimal effort.

Agreed. But we should also get credit toward the quest. I saved Bastila ad Hoda, Maul and NS for offense this time to finish the quest (3rd round) and my opponent didnt set any defense. I want my 5 Zetas.

The sad thing is I just posted a few hours ago that I hadn't run into this before. Oops. All that strategizing figuring out what I needed to set on defense to win and...

Yep, really could have used that 700k from clearing my opponent defences so I could level up a few more mods. I joked in our Discord that I should raise a case for missing content.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Of course it's a thing people are doing. That doesn't make it a thing worth doing.

Don't worry, you're the type we love to get matched with.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Of course it's a thing people are doing. That doesn't make it a thing worth doing.

Why do I keep getting matched with either equivalent or worse rosters then? And why do I keep winning?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Why do I keep getting matched with either equivalent or worse rosters then? And why do I keep winning?

Remember all wins are the result of superior strategy and all losses are the result of poor matchmaking. At least that’s the way it seems on the forums.

• For me, I lost every match i deserved to loose (except probably the first GA ever, where I loose the last battle for a single point 1556 to 1557), and won every one i deserved to win
    In all the GAs I finished rank 2-4, so no big deal, probably it is the right place for my roster and my skills :)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Why do your opponents keep getting matched by equivalent or better roster then? Why do they keep losing?
  • Haven't read the thread at all, but would like to tell you something:

GA opponent selection rules quite contradicts the whole idea of the game. Some guys within my guild now says: we won't farm lets say "rebel trooper" to 7* now, its not good for a opponent selection within GA.

People are not raising their tunes now just because they don't want to participate in a "semi-heavy"... This is madness...

And what if instead of playing your own tunes at GA you would be given a random set of tunes (but absolutely same for all of 8 participants)?
    That would be much interesting as for me, provided that the level of the given tunes is quite similar to my own.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Remember all wins are the result of superior strategy and all losses are the result of poor matchmaking. At least that’s the way it seems on the forums.

Across all GA's I but lost one match by banner count. I won 3 matches against way superior opponents. Yet you can see me non-stop advocating about the in-accuracy of matchmaking all day long. One is not related with the other.
  • MultUA wrote: »
    Haven't read the thread at all, but would like to tell you something:

GA opponent selection rules quite contradicts the whole idea of the game. Some guys within my guild now says: we won't farm lets say "rebel trooper" to 7* now, its not good for a opponent selection within GA.

People are not raising their tunes now just because they don't want to participate in a "semi-heavy"... This is madness...

And what if instead of playing your own tunes at GA you would be given a random set of tunes (but absolutely same for all of 8 participants)?
    That would be much interesting as for me, provided that the level of the given tunes is quite similar to my own.

There is no rebel trooper toon. You may ne refering to hoth scout or hoth rebel solider. Most don't want to farm them because they aren't good. They are req at 5 stars for tb but not at 7 stars. That's probably the reason most don't farm them beyond 7 stars because they have little increased utility beyond 5 stars.

And building a competitive roster is half the challenge to ga so giving everyone equal toons would remove the challenge. Though it may be fun for a single ga, I like using my roster most of the time.
  • I love my rooster too, but being a guy highly focused on the fleet, I am very dissapointed when my fleet worth 0 or about 0...

And yes, i’ve ment Hoth Soldier
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    scmuwykw9otc.jpeg

Or the guy that girs 85 n 0 😂😂😂

135 sir, 135 credit must be given on this assignment
  • Gannon, did you let the rooster out again?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Why do your opponents keep getting matched by equivalent or better roster then? Why do they keep losing?

You'd have to ask CG for a definitive answer on the first question but I believe it's the same reason people think their going 0/16 on Jolee's node or not seeing Logray in the guild store for four days means it's a global problem - the loudest complainers do not an actual problem make.

As for the second, mods and strategy. Either better on my end, worse on theirs, or a combination of both.

But by all means continue to do everything you can to get some false advantage from 5k less meaningless GP. Good luck with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

You'd have to ask CG for a definitive answer on the first question but I believe it's the same reason people think their going 0/16 on Jolee's node or not seeing Logray in the guild store for four days means it's a global problem - the loudest complainers do not an actual problem make.

As for the second, mods and strategy. Either better on my end, worse on theirs, or a combination of both.

But by all means continue to do everything you can to get some false advantage from 5k less meaningless GP. Good luck with that.

I don't need to ask anything as we know the exact way matchmaking is made and why it's a fail.

5k less? Heh. My bags full of sand keeps piling day by day where each saved GP bump allows me to field more maxed toons.
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I have a real question. Why the heck does anyone care. The rewards for GA are a joke. A hand full of gear, a couple of omegas and some easily farmable slicing material? Just don't finish last and you get basicly the same rewards as the guys dumping hours into it. Sure it is fun to try out different squads that you never get to use anywhere else, but don't waste so much time on it. It's not worth the effort.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The developers have stated that TW and Arena are essentially funny irrelevant game modes. Grand Arena will be “the arena for purely competitive play.”

Where did they say that arena will be funny r irrelevant? They haven’t made any changes to arena and they haven’t added crystals to GA so neither makes sense.

People are requesting more precision in their match making algorithm for more fair matchups in the purely competitive arena. If you’re arguing against that you’re just being annoying and trolling.

Because it’s not possible that people just legitimately disagree with you without being trolls?
  • Admitting you’re being matched against opponents with inferior rosters and winning. Admitting the playerbase has adopted a Paper NS Zombie approach to the game via withholding resources for an advantage—not just on one character but across the entire roster.

The developers have stated that TW and Arena are essentially funny irrelevant game modes. Grand Arena will be “the arena for purely competitive play.”

People are requesting more precision in their match making algorithm for more fair matchups in the purely competitive arena. If you’re arguing against that you’re just being annoying and trolling.

I admit that i have never sandbagged in any way. I admit that with that said, i won every single ga round to date, most of them extremely easily because of weak my opponents’ rosters were compared to mine.
    I admit i think that sandbagging is useless, replacing strong opponents with different strong opponents, that no proof has been showed (shown?) that it was positive, in fact that it was doing anything at all.
    People are not asking for fair matchups they are asking for 50/50 matchups, very different things. People can disagree with you without being trolls, because even though you don’t seem to realize it, you are not a god and do not possess the Only Truth.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Admitting you’re being matched against opponents with inferior rosters and winning. Admitting the playerbase has adopted a Paper NS Zombie approach to the game via withholding resources for an advantage—not just on one character but across the entire roster.

I admit that i have never sandbagged in any way. I admit that with that said, i won every single ga round to date, most of them extremely easily because of weak my opponents’ rosters were compared to mine.
    I admit i think that sandbagging is useless, replacing strong opponents with different strong opponents, that no proof has been showed (shown?) that it was positive, in fact that it was doing anything at all.
    People are not asking for fair matchups they are asking for 50/50 matchups, very different things. People can disagree with you without being trolls, because even though you don’t seem to realize it, you are not a god and do not possess the Only Truth.

You’re assuming an awful lot there, pal.

The only assumption in my post is that you are not a god, which i think is reasonable.
  • I am a huge believer in strategy...I just won by 1 flag against an opponent with 8 zetas (including double GM Yoda, Double MT, and a zeta Wampa) I have 2 zetas (MT and Daka...same squad, oops, lol) and 4 times as many 7* toons...quality, high gear good mods. Oh yes, and his double z GM Yoda was at g12...to my, well I do not have any at g12 yet but I am close.
    I took a huge risk after strategizing and it payed off. I don't care that the rewards aren't as good, this feeling right now is worth at least 3 zetas alone! 🙂
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Where did they say that arena will be funny r irrelevant? They haven’t made any changes to arena and they haven’t added crystals to GA so neither makes sense.

It’s no secret that placing in Arenas is determined by shard mafias. For purely competitive PvP, Arena is not. It’s just a nice source of crystals. Nor does GA require crystal rewards if its entire purpose is to pit players together to compete for competition’s sake.

Ok? You said that the devs have said arena is going to be a funny and irrelevant game mode. This provides no support for that claim, only for the fact that you don’t like it.

Liath wrote: »

Because it’s not possible that people just legitimately disagree with you without being trolls?

People are disagreeing with making a system more fair. Nothing specific, just disagreeing with the vague sense of making it more fair. That’s trolling.

They are disagreeing with your opinion of what is fair. That’s not trolling.

I believe the current system is sufficiently fair and that the proposals I have seen would not make it more fair.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon, did you let the rooster out again?

🐓
    I am a huge believer in strategy...I just won by 1 flag against an opponent with 8 zetas (including double GM Yoda, Double MT, and a zeta Wampa) I have 2 zetas (MT and Daka...same squad, oops, lol) and 4 times as many 7* toons...quality, high gear good mods. Oh yes, and his double z GM Yoda was at g12...to my, well I do not have any at g12 yet but I am close.
    I took a huge risk after strategizing and it payed off. I don't care that the rewards aren't as good, this feeling right now is worth at least 3 zetas alone! 🙂

Yea, everyone keeps complaining about matchmaking. And, yes, I agree it can seem pretty one sided based on just dsr bot..
    But I've never come across an opponent that I couldn't beat, and I'm usually in the lower middle range of gp and g12s out of my 8.
    This GA was another great example for me. He had every advantage, but I knew exactly how to counter all his teams, got first time and 4 man bonuses. He failed one attack against my droids cuz he ignored jawa engineer.. He can't make up that banner now, so I win. (Yes, I even talked to the guy about it.)