17. - 23. Jan Prediction

Replies

• Options
    It's been stated, but everything points to the OT Falcon coming this month (prior leaks that have proven reliable, Slave 1 as the login bonus, empty spot in the calendar, stated OT focus though it could be argued that the two very powerful OT legendaries have already checked that box).

CLS' first return was 140 days, Rey's was 90. There was more negative feedback on Rey returning "early" than CLS returning "late." The poor Rey arena meta was short-lived. I'd be surprised if Revan is coming this month.

If you look at the cadence for the original Chewie / Revan release, we're in a very similar situation. Release OT Falcon at the same time marquee OR toons become farmable. Make it really good so it's hard for dedicated players to ignore and focus on OR farms. Release new legendary two weeks after second set of OR marquees become farmable. The fifth would, of course, be Jedi Knight Revan himself, and would most likely involve an unlock of Darth Malak if the game is honoring the source material.

The real question is whether JKR returns prior, during, or after the events proposed above. My guess would be prior or during, as that would promote the greatest level of panic farming and represent a revenue boon. Those close to JKR would push him over the edge. The many that are already there with JKR would be enticed to push for the new toons. Those that already have Revan would be agnostic and should be preparing for things now (crystal stock pile for Carth and Juhani shipment farms, some level of shipment farm on BSF and Canderous). The one wrinkle is that the event could require a very well formed JKR team, which would be a way to offer up an opportunity for non-JKR owners to unlock the new toon while respecting the advantage of JKR early adopters, as they already have the zeta and gear investment required.

Moral of the story, if you think something is afoot in February, be judicious about chasing the Falcon if it comes.
  • Options
    Really crossing my fingers for Revan to return early to mid February. I almost have everyone to 7*, but I need a few more weeks of farming. I hope that week is for the OG Millenium Falcon.
    On the upside, if they announce a journey for Darth Revan in which Revan is required a couple of weeks after the next event, maybe the cycle after next will be short.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It's been stated, but everything points to the OT Falcon coming this month (prior leaks that have proven reliable, Slave 1 as the login bonus, empty spot in the calendar, stated OT focus though it could be argued that the two very powerful OT legendaries have already checked that box).

Another clue that some people might have forgotten is that @CG_SBCrumb's Chewie tease picture included not just Lego Chewie, surrounded by Lego Bounty Hunters, but also the Lego Falcon ship in the background.

I do not believe this was accidental, not at all.

2rtCZOy.jpg
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    As I just wrote in another thread:
    I think its that simple:
    • Bastilla 12.07.18
    • Jolee 13.07.18
    • T3 26.07.18
    • Mission 27.07.18
    • Zaalbar 27.07.18

Revan 18.10.18 (3 Month after)
    • Fallen Bastilla 15.11.18
    • Canderous 16.11.18
    • Juhani 30.11.18
    • Carth 01.12.18

3 Month after is mid February (Sith February) and the toons pointing out to Darth Malak.

The 5th Member for the party on the Event would be of course Revan as he beat Malak at the end. End now there is a week free in the calendar exactly after 91 days since the first Revan event. that would it make possible to get him befor the event. Also it would be a huge money gain for CG as a lot need some chards to get the toons for Revan ready and so they can sell a lot packages. And then its the same again with Malak as it was with the first Revan event in terms of a paywall.

In the end it all comes together to perfect to not fit in.

I think Darth Malak comes in mid February and Revan is needed for this event because he was the one that defeated him. So it makes sense that they bring him back before that.
  • Options
    Where do you see this ? The calendar currently posted only shows bb8 event. Not Rey.

Is it true they don't announce hero journeys until 2 weeks before ?
    ArMurazor wrote: »
    There is no Jedi rey with bb8? :/

Rey is on the calendar at the same time as BB8.

• Options
    You guys are stressing me out so much. Revan is by far my most wanted character. I started farming or toons the second they were on nodes. I have been ready for revan since Dec 10th. I am going to be crushed if they drag him out into Feb or March. That would suck so much.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    You guys are all focusing on Revan and Malak.

Have you forgotten that we were told the next focus would be on original trilogy content? We've only had C3PO so far, the login reward this month is a bounty hunter ship, Chewie (the co-pilot) has just been re-run, how many more clues do we need that the Falcon is coming this month?
    The OT content focus was specifically for the month of December
  • Options
    I think it will be, ot falcon legendary event requiring scoundrel ships, revan will probably back in february
  • Donmanolito
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Where do you see this ? The calendar currently posted only shows bb8 event. Not Rey.

https://swgohevents.com/event/rey-heros-journey

On top it says: Next: 2019-01-24
  • Options
    My bet is nothing there. Revan will return minimum February, but rather later.

The reason is simple. Everyone in their right mind is now Revan ready. If they just ran his event now, top500 of all shards would immediately turn into jkr teams. Thats not good for the players, CG and the game.
    Instead, they need to release an even more powerful team first. Darth Revan can be a good candidate. And he's a sith. February is the month of the sith. So Darth Revan in February, JKR in March, makes the most sense.

U are wrong. It is good for their pockets. More revans in arena means more fighting, more crystal refreshes, more sniping, overall less crystals earned for free by the player base. They can then drop the next meta killer in feb and all those who burnt their gear on revan for just 2weeks of returns will revolt.
  • sigsig
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I was a hard supporter of the OT Falcon coming this month but then I realized, CG has never released anything new in January. Not saying it won't happen but it seems unlikely they will.
  • Options
    Gonna be blunt here. the only people claiming revan wont be here January, are those that wont be ready. Wishful thinking alas won't trump practicality.
  • sigsig
    237 posts Member
    Options
    I have Revan and I don't think he's coning till Feb.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are all focusing on Revan and Malak.

Have you forgotten that we were told the next focus would be on original trilogy content? We've only had C3PO so far, the login reward this month is a bounty hunter ship, Chewie (the co-pilot) has just been re-run, how many more clues do we need that the Falcon is coming this month?

You are probably right, but I though the OT focus was in reference to Q4 and was covered by BH/Chewie and Ewoks/C3PO.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It won't be Revan, it's too soon, not for his first return. I'm expecting the Falcon to be teased in a couple of weeks.

Of course, the longer they wait to bring Revan back, the longer people have to farm the OR toons without spending crystals......
  • Options
    They're gonna rework HK and then require Fallen Bastila, Canderous, HK, Juhani, and Carth for a Darth Revan Ancient Journey (I think they called it "Ancient" instead of "Hero's" so that they could call both Revan events the same thing). But that's not til the end of Feb. I think Jedi Revan will return at the end of January / beginning of February. In other words, I think he's about to come back but not in the gap in the schedule. OT Falcon will be there, I think.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    It's not Revan, it's a grievious rework.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that is not an official site or anything to do with EA

https://swgohevents.com/event/rey-heros-journey

On top it says: Next: 2019-01-24

• Options
    I was one of the first people to look at the calendar after it was published. I can attest that at first publishing, it had Rey on the 24th.In fact, the bot in discord that pushed the original alert to me about the calendar, still has the original image.
    7uc8UAp.png
    They changed it later and removed her, for a reason unbeknownst to me. There's a second alert in my discord feed to prove it.
    That said, look at the calendar now. BB-8 is still on the 24th. BB8 and Rey always run together, just like R2 and CLS are right now. She's on the 24th. No doubt about it.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    It won't be Revan, it's too soon, not for his first return. I'm expecting the Falcon to be teased in a couple of weeks.

Its not to soon... Chances are high that a lot are not ready but close to be ready. Good possibility for CG to sell packages again.

This. They dont want people to be quite ready. They want to sell those $30 packs for you to finish them off with some crystal packs too preferably. Why wait another month. At that point they don't make as much money. Then when everyone has him, throw something else out for the whales to go get.

Now I won't be surprised for a couple of marquee characters though. And I think OT Falcon is probably a possibility too.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    cfodder wrote: »

Its not to soon... Chances are high that a lot are not ready but close to be ready. Good possibility for CG to sell packages again.

This. They dont want people to be quite ready. They want to sell those $30 packs for you to finish them off with some crystal packs too preferably. Why wait another month. At that point they don't make as much money. Then when everyone has him, throw something else out for the whales to go get.

Now I won't be surprised for a couple of marquee characters though. And I think OT Falcon is probably a possibility too.

Correct. If they wait too long to bring Revan back, everyone will be prepped for him the second time. If they don't wait too long, the whales will be mad that they didn't have free rein in the arena for long enough. They make more money in the second place though. Revan will be back sooner than later.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    029sqtea8g1e.jpeg
  • Options
    What was the timeframe for the first time CLS and JTR returned in relation to from when they told us about the event returning to when it ran? That might give us some insight
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What was the timeframe for the first time CLS and JTR returned in relation to from when they told us about the event returning to when it ran? That might give us some insight
    They never told us when the event will return the second time and just suddenly launched the event and they won't tell us when the Revan event will return

as @cannonfodder_iv mentioned:
    CLS' first return was 140 days, Rey's was 90

This is also not a heroic journey but an ancient journey so you can't use the "there is a precedence" card
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Revan returns 1-17-2020
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Revan returns 1-17-2020

Please stop.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I feel confident the reason they called Revan an “Ancient” journey instead of “Hero’s” was so that they could call the Darth Revan event the exact same thing. And it wouldn’t be a “Hero’s” journey for Darth Revan.

So I wouldn’t read too much into it. But that’s me.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Revan returns 1-17-2020

Please stop.

But I'm having fun