Help me understand why opposing Revan goes before my CLS

2Next

Replies

• Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I don't understand how this is in any way simpler than 302/0.9 but to each their own.

Because I'm not trying to explain 302/0.9.

I'm trying to explain how turn meter and speed work. I'm saying that the whole "round" deal is an inaccurate way of thinking how the blue TM bar works.

Cars don't go in "rounds" when they drive. It's a constant rate, not a block chunk of time.

Hence why I said, "All math aside"
  • Options
    Tanzos explanation is intuitively easier to understand and helps noobies to grasp the mechanism of spped vs turn meter in the game. The 302/0.9 method deals with finding out relative speed, which might be a concept harder to grasp, but once you realize they are both arriving at the same conclusion, using relative speed is much faster to find out what your required speed should be.

Thanks to all who shared their insights.
  • Options
    @Roopehunter this info you provided is 100% wrong.
    i dont understand why you try to mislead. the TM is between 0-100%. as i already said, and its not some incorrect info, but ACCURATE, LEGIT, and PROVEN info :
    his cls start with 264 speed. get 10% TM - his speed act like 264/0.90 = 293 speed. revan speed is 318.
    there's no "i think op is right". his calculations are incorrect, and the TM Speed are described like i said here ^.

Just because youre writing with capital letters, doesnt make you right. Do you just start shouting if someone has a different oppinion irl too?

You've explained/described nothing. You've merely added a formula to find a variant, which may be used, but doesnt make you actually understand whats happening. Youre the perfect example for that.

I, on the other hand, actually explained what happena and why.
    If you knew anything about Math, you had realised that we're advising the exact same thing.
    If you still dont get it, feel free to prove me wrong, but with an example case where your shiny formula comes to a different result than mine, instead of shouting.

You are not advising the same thing as me and its not an opinon, its a fact.
    The fact is that your formula is completely wrong and misleading, and what i wrote is right. Not because its my opinion, but because of how it works. Just like what happen when you add 10% speed set to toon with 160 speed ? yea, he get 16 speed. there's no "other" stuff. there's just facts.

Go vs Revan with 333 speed. with your method, after 3 rounds, he get to (999), so 1000, yea ?
    now use zCLS with 302 speed. 2 resists will give him speed of 335. by your method, he'll have 335+302+302=939 speed. so by your forumla Revan will go first. by my method, Cls will go first, cause 335 speed beat 333 speed.

try it and see that CLS will go first. and then come back here to apologize and say you were wrong and made up stuff from nothing.
    good luck and thank you.

[EA_Lanna: removed ALL CAPS SPAM and bait].

Challenge accepted.

Cls 302 speed, 2 resists.
    Revan 333 speed.

Revan requires 1000/333=3 rounds.

Cls:
    (1st rnd) 302+100=402. (5% tm gain is 50 'distance' and there are 2 times 5% tm gains here)
    (2nd rnd) 402+302=704.
    (3rd rnd) 704+302=1006.

1006 (of cls) is slightly higher than 1000 (of Revan), therefore cls goes first.

Alternatively, moving away from whole numbers, revan needs 3.003 rounds (1000/333), while cls needs 2.9801 rounds (1+((1000-402)/302))).

[EA_Lanna: removed bait].

You two are funny. The result is the same.

Method 1 (divide Speed statistic by TM gain): CLS speed of 335 divided by Revan speed of 333 is 1.006.

Method 2 (add Speed statistic to determine TM fill): CLS TM fill of 1006 divided by Revan TM fill of 1000 is ?

I prefer Method 1 because I find it easier to just divide Speed by TM gain.