Remove gear from characters?

Prev1
Im pretty certain you can't but want to ask anyway incase theirs some trick.. Basically I just unlocked CLS and I was gearing him up but accidently switched to farmboy and added a mk5 fusion furnace. I will never use him especially now i completed CLS. Any way to remove it from him or am I a fusion furnace down?

Replies

• You can’t unequip gear.
  • It would be nice, but it is impossible.
  • It would be nice, but it is impossible.

I used to think it would be nice - but then with the sandbagging in GA, it would only make things worse.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • A guildmate of mine zeta'd farmboy's leader because they were almost the same.
    Now they have different icon..
  • Rollback on 1 char of choice (could flag him just like you can flag your favorite chars) every X months - problem solved.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • You can try to talk to support. They'll reimburse gear in extreme circumstances, but yours just sounds like an oops moment. But it's worth a shot.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Or they might at least throw you some crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It would be nice, but it is impossible.

I used to think it would be nice - but then with the sandbagging in GA, it would only make things worse.

Or better as everyone has the same opportunity. As it stands now, I have every toon at lvl 85 and will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.
  • I did the same thing with CLS and farmboy. I recently did the same thing after unlocking Chewie and rushed to gear him and at gear 11 realized it was clone war Chewie. The moral of the story is, slow down and read their names. I wasted gear on characters I rarely use other than for filling platoons in TW. Expensive lesson.

Or better as everyone has the same opportunity. As it stands now, I have every toon at lvl 85 and will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.

Same, as a collector early on I am paying the price now with the GA.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Yep, if GAs existed from the beginning, I'd say leave it as is. But to introduce a game mode years later that disadvantages those who geared up little used toons, with no recourse, is a bit rough.

GA is only a small aspect of the fo... game. I would absolutely love to reclaim gear from the bottom half of my roster to finish ewoks. I know I probably have 1000 misplaced mk3 carbanti floating around down there. I only need like 400 of them.
  • QOL update. the ability to remove gear and omegas.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    A guildmate of mine zeta'd farmboy's leader because they were almost the same.

If your guildmate can't tell the difference between CLS and farm boy Luke then they're the type of person who deserve a zetad farm boy lol

If your guildmate can't tell the difference between CLS and farm boy Luke then they're the type of person who deserve a zetad farm boy lol

Shortly after CLS came out, the picture was almost identical. They did change it to what it is now.

Shortly after CLS came out, the picture was almost identical. They did change it to what it is now.

I know what it looked like, very obvious difference, plus you kind have to go in the character's tab to give them a zeta

As icanectc pointed out, that would just mean that you switch your stuff from older non-viable chars to the new and viable ones which would drastically lower your need for gear, credits and ability mats (if we talk about a full reset).

A limitation would be required, hence the reset 1 char every X months option I suggested.
    This would also solve the problem of "it turns out I need char X to be undergeared for a very specific team composition" problem (Zombie and now Initiate being examples).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Gear parts maybe (Not gear levels just some parts) but Omegas I think would be too big. Think about it you can Omega any team and just remove them after. Legendary toons like phoenix and farmboy luke could abuse this system by getting their omegas stripped straight after an event.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    You can try to talk to support. They'll reimburse gear in extreme circumstances, but yours just sounds like an oops moment. But it's worth a shot.

I'll try :)
  • Then I will strip all gears from gk. Gar saxon could use extra carbantis.
  • I think a "Gear Swapping" mechanic would be much appreciated, as well as being much more likely than straight up removing gear from a character. Same for ability swaps.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Curious if EA/CG has stats on "the last usage" of a Toon?

If they do, maybe they can come up with a cut-off time where after X number of days of non-Combat/SIM'ing (TB Platoons won't count) then we can strip the gears off that Toon.

Even though a mid-2016 meta Toon all geared and zeta'ed up is no longer meta, I'm sure players still use that Toon somewhere. It's not like any of them would ever fall to the point they are useless like CUP, Ugnaught, Mod Enforcer etc.

If a Toon isn't used anywhere in the game for 700 straight days (a random number I'm using), what is the likelihood that Toon would see action in the future?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

GA is only a small aspect of the fo... game. I would absolutely love to reclaim gear from the bottom half of my roster to finish ewoks. I know I probably have 1000 misplaced mk3 carbanti floating around down there. I only need like 400 of them.

Yeah right. Nobody only needs 400. More like 40000

How does one sandbag in GA? I was matched against people within 5k of my GP for all 3 of them. Doesn’t seem like anyone is sandbagging.
  • *UPDATE*
    Asked CG and they compensated with 200 crystals. Thanks for feedback guys!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

How does one sandbag in GA? I was matched against people within 5k of my GP for all 3 of them. Doesn’t seem like anyone is sandbagging.

Oh now you've done it. Prepare for 300 pages of whining about GA matchmaking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I want this so bad.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    RobwanOG wrote: »
    I did the same thing with CLS and farmboy. I recently did the same thing after unlocking Chewie and rushed to gear him and at gear 11 realized it was clone war Chewie. The moral of the story is, slow down and read their names. I wasted gear on characters I rarely use other than for filling platoons in TW. Expensive lesson.

Same (not Chewy, but CLS/Farmboy). Also DS Bastila and Bastila. That one didn't hurt as bad as 2 sets of cuffs on farmboy :confounded:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • You should be allowed to remove gear for up to 1 minute after you assign it.