Ready for the Falcon?

1235Next

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I should be able to get to 6* just farming normally. I was toying with the idea of burning some crystals to try for 7* on the first go around. Will have to see what the kit looks like.

Well now what say u since kits out
  • Geshtianna
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    8 shards of XB and I'll have a 6-star Falcon. Not trying for 7 stars.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dave12 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol get 1st in arena and top 20 as a f2p player — sure, no problem

Hi.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

Dude, you’ve been below 20 for less than a month just because you happened to have your Ewoks good to go. Not a common occurrence.

@Dave12 I adjust to the meta when I can as someone who won't spend on something like Revan. I did it with JTR during the EP meta (Holdo for the win). I did it with Thrawn/Magma during the Traya meta. Revan took me longer but I did it with C3PO, and by the way I didn't happen to have my Ewoks ready, I had to farm and gear them from blah to good when the hints started dropping. And I've been top in fleet forever. I have a approx. 16k of crystals hoarded up that I spent nothing on, thanks to being smart about resources and both arenas.

Anyone can do it if they try.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Lol get 1st in arena and top 20 as a f2p player — sure, no problem

Hi.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

Dude, you’ve been below 20 for less than a month just because you happened to have your Ewoks good to go. Not a common occurrence.

@Dave12 I adjust to the meta when I can as someone who won't spend on something like Revan. I did it with JTR during the EP meta (Holdo for the win). I did it with Thrawn/Magma during the Traya meta. Revan took me longer but I did it with C3PO, and by the way I didn't happen to have my Ewoks ready, I had to farm and gear them from blah to good when the hints started dropping. And I've been top in fleet forever. I have a approx. 16k of crystals hoarded up that I spent nothing on, thanks to being smart about resources and both arenas.

Anyone can do it if they try.

Agreed. Though I differ on running cls in arena. I got both chewie and 3PO 7 star but I do good enough with a 5 star traya that there's no need to switch.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Well I just unlocked Traya last week lol. And by the way you can beat Traya with CLS in about 30 seconds.

Forgot to add that I was able to get top 20 much of the time even before I got C3PO, thanks to Chewie and L3. Easy wins against anything but Revan and there were still plenty of Traya to climb against.
  • Options
    Not ready, not even close, and don’t care. My distaste for ships since ships 2.0 makes me happy that this latest panic farm causing people to lose their minds means absolutely nothing to me
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I've heard that Anakin's ship is op but have yet to see anyone whale on it. But it doesn't look unbeatable. It may make mace suck less but I don't think it's meta.

rqqx7fmdcypt.jpg

Its a good replacement for XB
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    And im done

xz41yrsqptah.jpg
  • Options
    Well I just unlocked Traya last week lol. And by the way you can beat Traya with CLS in about 30 seconds.

Forgot to add that I was able to get top 20 much of the time even before I got C3PO, thanks to Chewie and L3. Easy wins against anything but Revan and there were still plenty of Traya to climb against.

And I can beat most cls teams with traya. Though there is rng involved. But I've seen cls teams bring theselves to the brink of death because of traya lead and then sion gets an aoe off and kills everyone.

I'm sure on offense you mitigate those risks but on defense cls doesn't hold that much better than traya. Right now it's new at least with 3PO so people are still figuring it out. But as long as rng gives me a turn, I can usually win.

If thrawn survives, I fracture chewie and the team falls apart. If ep survives, i mass stun (I have high potency so it lands fairly well) killing a few that are low and stunning a few more. If sion survives, his aoe is usually strong enough to take raid han or chewie out who are in the red from assists. Traya can isolate or kill someone pretty quickly if she's left. Nihilas usually wont get annihilate off but it isn't needed. He makes decent cannon fodder.

Usually against cls teams I take losses early. By the time I take a turn, it's 3v5 but the other team is damaged enough that it becomes 3v3 again quickly and then it's pretty easy to win.

So while cls can win against traya on offense easily, traya can also beat cls pretty easily on offense. Though obviously mods play a role.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm ready to unlock a 5* Falcon.
    What I'm not ready for is the mountain of ship omegas it'll take to max, nor the supporting rebel pilot cast for the other ships, specifically the u-wings. Nor am I really ready to face it in arena - looks like it'll be a frustrating beast of a ship to counter.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

And I can beat most cls teams with traya. Though there is rng involved. But I've seen cls teams bring theselves to the brink of death because of traya lead and then sion gets an aoe off and kills everyone.

I'm sure on offense you mitigate those risks but on defense cls doesn't hold that much better than traya. Right now it's new at least with 3PO so people are still figuring it out. But as long as rng gives me a turn, I can usually win.

If thrawn survives, I fracture chewie and the team falls apart. If ep survives, i mass stun (I have high potency so it lands fairly well) killing a few that are low and stunning a few more. If sion survives, his aoe is usually strong enough to take raid han or chewie out who are in the red from assists. Traya can isolate or kill someone pretty quickly if she's left. Nihilas usually wont get annihilate off but it isn't needed. He makes decent cannon fodder.

Usually against cls teams I take losses early. By the time I take a turn, it's 3v5 but the other team is damaged enough that it becomes 3v3 again quickly and then it's pretty easy to win.

So while cls can win against traya on offense easily, traya can also beat cls pretty easily on offense. Though obviously mods play a role.

I don't dispute any of this. I'm just saying that it's pretty much a guaranteed win for CLS on offense and it it over before 4 of the 5 toons take a turn most times (usually DN gets one turn). I have Traya unlocked now and I can't imagine switching to her given the two teams seems to hold about the same on D but CLS fights are easier on O.
  • Options

I don't dispute any of this. I'm just saying that it's pretty much a guaranteed win for CLS on offense and it it over before 4 of the 5 toons take a turn most times (usually DN gets one turn). I have Traya unlocked now and I can't imagine switching to her given the two teams seems to hold about the same on D but CLS fights are easier on O.

I'd have to zeta cls's lead to switch. I'll probably do that eventually anyway but remodding is a pain.

And I'm betting there's something coming in feb that'll make sith meta again. And I don't want to switch mods now and then again later.

All it would really take to make traya meta is a darth malak tank that is extremely tanky with an annoying taunt that "cannot be ignored". Then revan has to attack malak who would have some mechanic to mitigate the mark. Like immune to buff immunity. If han can't ignore malak's taunt and he is tanky enough to survive frequently, cls teams fall apart if you can't eliminate other threats early
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm ready to unlock a 5* Falcon.

Now why did I go and say that - just went 1/24 on ig2000. All my new poggle shards are laughing at my hubris.
  • Options
    Just got xb to 5* and I’m ready for an unlock! Quite happy.
  • Options
    I must say I haven’t been this behind in farming in a long time. It’s kind of Funnish lol

Bh ships , new bh, Sith ships, those new kotors, and the left overs I never bothered with. Holdo, rose, nest, urururrururrururyryruryryryr, some others as well. I always have something to farm now lol
  • Options
    Got almost all ships to 6*, XB is dragging its feet with only 13 more shards to go to 6*. Hoping I'll be able to do it with a g8 ig88 and the rest at g11 (except Boba at g12).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Landale3 wrote: »
    Got almost all ships to 6*, XB is dragging its feet with only 13 more shards to go to 6*. Hoping I'll be able to do it with a g8 ig88 and the rest at g11 (except Boba at g12).

I need 15 shards of IG and XB to 6*....
    To be honest

I'm at G12 G12 G12 G11 and I'm worried about a chewy style event don't really wanna play this 500 times
  • Options
    I've got to buy the pack if I want to unlock Falcon at 5*…… I just got a raise, so I'm considering it. Wish it came with a couple more goodies to justify that price tag.

But it'd get me to 5* Xanadu Blood and IG-2000, as well as putting me at 85/100 for Hound's Tooth and give enough Omega mats to give Xanadu Blood the stealth thing. Ehhhh………………… I've got a week to mull it over.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Just got xb to 5* and I’m ready for an unlock! Quite happy.

Nice. I finished my 24 for today and ended up at 64/65, lol. But I'll take 13 shards over 1 any day. Hopefully get that last one tomorrow night without a node refresh.
  • Options
    hm0bume0l56b.png

7* next time I think
  • Options
    zrdd2jr8ifzc.jpg

Hoping for a 5* unlock, definitely on track to have the BH squad at that level within a week. But then i always remember how crazy difficult these events can be just when you think that farming was the only obstacle

@ObiJuanPollo the panic farm events are usually very easy to pass, and this one is no exception.

It's the events using toons that have been around for ages that are usually incredibly difficult.

You'll unlock on auto
  • Darth_DeVito
    1234 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm in no hurry to unlock it since I don't have Raid Han and won't be able to unlock Chewie for a long time to come. But I already had 3 of the ships and a bunch of IG-2000 shards, so I quickly unlocked IG-88 to be able to participate.

It's really exciting to see Y-, B- and A-wings in the game. Here's to hoping we'll get to farm them too in the future. And I even managed to clear the first 4 tiers! Tier 4 should have been impossible for me since I only have Slave 1 and HT in a halfway serviceable state and Wedge made quick work of the latter, but thankfully Vader's flagship has the same "lol, I win" button as the Executrix :p This was a fun diversion from the usual grind.
  • Options
    PS: I'm really glad for the lower tiers in these events (also with regard to the recent R2-D2 and CLS events). They may seem laughably easy to older players, but I can use every source of credits and ship building materials at this point.
  • Options
    gfkfldi692fx.png6* already most powerful ship.
  • Options
    gfkfldi692fx.png6* already most powerful ship.

I haven't even unlocked it yet, and it's just about tied in power with a maxed home1 with g11 Ackbar.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah shes gotta it where it counts
    mf29zdkclcjq.jpg