There is NO balance in the force

So when is there actually going to be some balance in this game? Light Side is dominating arena. Revan teams taking up most of the top 10. Bastila teams are all over the place with their endless buffs. As if Han wasn't annoying enough, Chewbacca comes in and gives him stun immunity along with another character on that team. Let's not get started on the C3PO. Where is the dark side love for this game?

Replies

• Options
    We just came off an entire year of literally nothing but Sith and Nightsisters.

The moon waxes and wanes to raise and lower the tide.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Previous meta was DS. Maul had some time in the light of the meta. Palp Vader combo was rocking for a bit.....

DS rocks ships, many of the key recurring events, and are among the "most powerful" toons in the game.

No love?!?
  • Options
    I've played when everyone's flavor of the month was Phoenix Squad. Dark Side gets a little buff and then comes that JTR. Now comes Bastila and Revan. So yeah no love
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’m so tired of these threads. Buy a google op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’m so tired of these threads. Buy a google op

My favorite thread of today (not bothering to link since it will be merged) is literally called ****
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I've played when everyone's flavor of the month was Phoenix Squad. Dark Side gets a little buff and then comes that JTR. Now comes Bastila and Revan. So yeah no love

Prior to Revan was about 6 months of DS meta. Sorry you missed it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Previous meta was DS. Maul had some time in the light of the meta. Palp Vader combo was rocking for a bit.....

DS rocks ships, many of the key recurring events, and are among the "most powerful" toons in the game.

No love?!?

We should have several DS and LS meta teams to promote variety and keep things interesting, because right now we have total LS meta domination as Sith are losing viability. Empire, Separatists or Bounty Hunter teams need meta viability too!

dej8np4.jpg
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

No love?!?

We should have several DS and LS meta teams to promote variety and keep things interesting, because right now we have total LS meta domination as Sith are losing viability. Empire, Separatists or Bounty Hunter teams need meta viability too!

I will take the current arena mix of Revan/Traya/CLS (and some NS) over the nothing-but-CLS-Chaze meta anyday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No love?!?

This is the LS swing to counter the DS meta. It happens in waves. Most times we do have a mix counter squad, or a LS counter to a DS team.... it happens, just not this time around.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I will take the current arena mix of Revan/Traya/CLS (and some NS) over the nothing-but-CLS-Chaze meta anyday.

Me too. My NS love encountering CLS teams in squad arena.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The game designers / CG don't aim to create balance between all factions. The business model is to have an ever changing META, and they do a quite good job at executing their model.
  • Options
    You do realize some factions weren’t designed to hold up well in Arena? BHs can be used if they’re really really well modded, geared, and zeta’d but their primary uses lie elsewhere.

Nightsisters are still used quite a lot, esp if they have zombie and spirit geared up well. And their counter is another DS faction, imperial troopers. Deal with the fact that some factions just aren’t meant for arena. And some just naturally fall out of favor
  • Options
    What gets me is the toons that force factions out - look at Dark Bastilla. Jedi, Sith, or ****. As someone that runs CLS, I already get picked on by everyone else - NS, Jedi, Sith, JTR, other CLS. Now you have a toon that punishes me for not running Jedi/Sith. I built my CLS team to combat Traya teams. Then Revan and Dark Bastilla came along, and now I'm getting bounced around like a pinball.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    What gets me is the toons that force factions out - look at Dark Bastilla. Jedi, Sith, or ****. As someone that runs CLS, I already get picked on by everyone else - NS, Jedi, Sith, JTR, other CLS. Now you have a toon that punishes me for not running Jedi/Sith. I built my CLS team to combat Traya teams. Then Revan and Dark Bastilla came along, and now I'm getting bounced around like a pinball.

lol does anyone know what this means? new toons are better than old meta, maybe?? hmmm
  • Options
    You do realize some factions weren’t designed to hold up well in Arena? BHs can be used if they’re really really well modded, geared, and zeta’d but their primary uses lie elsewhere.

Nightsisters are still used quite a lot, esp if they have zombie and spirit geared up well. And their counter is another DS faction, imperial troopers. Deal with the fact that some factions just aren’t meant for arena. And some just naturally fall out of favor

You do realize that these factions can be made viable with new characters and some reworks, right?

That isn’t the point... for some factions Devs have said they aren’t designed for Arena, not saying they can’t be though. Imperial troopers are a great example. They work with each other fantastic, and they slaughter nightsisters and are really useful in P2 HSTR. But they are terrible for Arena. It’s a trade off of usefulness in the game
  • Options

lol does anyone know what this means? new toons are better than old meta, maybe?? hmmm

OK - but Chewie is newer than Revan or Dark Bastilla....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

OK - but Chewie is newer than Revan or Dark Bastilla....

Chewie came out before Revan.

You do realize that these factions can be made viable with new characters and some reworks, right?

That isn’t the point... for some factions Devs have said they aren’t designed for Arena, not saying they can’t be though. Imperial troopers are a great example. They work with each other fantastic, and they slaughter nightsisters and are really useful in P2 HSTR. But they are terrible for Arena. It’s a trade off of usefulness in the game

But i'm not talking about Imperial Troopers, i'm talking about the Empire faction as a whole + Seps, BHs and Galactic Republic which are all popular major factions. I see no reason why said factions can't be part of the meta along with Sith, Jedi and Rebels for more meta variety.

Not everything is going to be meta at the same time. That’s not how the game operates.
  • Options

But i'm not talking about Imperial Troopers, i'm talking about the Empire faction as a whole + Seps, BHs and Galactic Republic which are all popular major factions. I see no reason why said factions can't be part of the meta along with Sith, Jedi and Rebels for more meta variety.

If every faction were as good as each other, there’d be no such thing as a meta. And metas are how games live.

Every faction or subfaction has a purpose in the game. Geonosians, for example, are terrible as characters but their ships are incredibly powerful. Bounty Hunters can be used with great effect in Arena, with the right mods and gear levels, and they also are a requirement for certain battles in DSTB, and they are a requirement for an Assault Battle. Not to mention their ships are really good and a requirement for The Millenium Falcon.
    Jedi were once useless but now they are pretty good. Certain characters in the Empire a very good, but some characters aren’t. That’s the nature of the game...
  • Options
    I personally don’t see this as p2p.. I mean you can spend money in this game and it might make you perform better but the meta changes often enough it doesn’t really matter all the much.

I know you like the Empire faction and all but they’re simply not going to be meta for now
  • Options

If every faction were as good as each other, there’d be no such thing as a meta. And metas are how games live.

Every faction or subfaction has a purpose in the game. Geonosians, for example, are terrible as characters but their ships are incredibly powerful. Bounty Hunters can be used with great effect in Arena, with the right mods and gear levels, and they also are a requirement for certain battles in DSTB, and they are a requirement for an Assault Battle. Not to mention their ships are really good and a requirement for The Millenium Falcon.
    Jedi were once useless but now they are pretty good. Certain characters in the Empire a very good, but some characters aren’t. That’s the nature of the game...

So how about jawas? Since they removed crit damage challenge restriction....
  • Options
    I don’t see the Jawas as anything more than just fluff. To be honest I don’t think they have a place in the game, same with Tuskens.
  • Options
    I don’t see the Jawas as anything more than just fluff. To be honest I don’t think they have a place in the game, same with Tuskens.

Racist.
  • Options
    Not always... and you don’t have to be part of the meta to do well.. there are still a lot of people who use Nightsisters in my shard. A lot of people still use Rebel teams or Palpatine teams.

Sure there are people with Revan, so what? With a proper strategy you can defeat them. I rarely spend money on this game, it’s been months since I have and I still do decent.