beating Zombie / Acolyte in 3v3

I have pretty good teams but I struggle whenever I hit a G12, fast NS squad with zombie / acolyte. Asajj / Talzan leads - it doesn't matter. Hell I'd probably lose to a Dakka or Talia lead.

Any suggestions for the specific steps needed to take these teams out in 3v3? Who to target first?

Replies

• Options
    Well i just beat an asajj aco zombie with bastila ezra gk - was half asleep when I choose that attacking team, but luckily acolyte came out of stealth 50 seconds before match was over so I could finish them off :smile:

Overal best pick a team with dispel/aoe
  • Options
    Well i just beat an asajj aco zombie with bastila ezra gk - was half asleep when I choose that attacking team, but luckily acolyte came out of stealth 50 seconds before match was over so I could finish them off :smile:

Nice win & thanks for the answer! What were the relative speeds / gear levels of your characters vs the opponent's? Why did acolyte "come out of stealth"? She is always stealthed as long as there is another NS (eg, zombie)?

I do try pick teams with dispel & AOE, they just don't work against high speed, well geared zombie / acolyte.

My last try was with zVeers (G12), Starck (G12), and Death Trooper (G11). Veers and Starck were faster than the other team (Asajj lead) but the zombie auto-taunt was too much to overcome before Death Trooper was wrecked, and then I was into the stealth / taunt / revive infinite loop cycle until I was dead.

• Options
    You don't happen to have zBastila, zGMY and zHYoda in defense?
    Because there's someone struggling with my NS lool
  • Options
    Sion can AoE cleanse, EP can shock Zombie so it can't retaunt. DN can kill someone and they can't Res. Boba, Jango too. Zombie will Res no matter what if another NS is up.

Bringing buff immunity in form of shock, Fracture or whatever can get you a head start.

Acolyte has a 90% chance to stealth on basic... Doesn't matter if there are other NS or not.

If you bring enough AoE (Tarkin, Lando, Asajj, Snow trooper etc) then you can kill Acolyte just with that.
    AoE dispel is the best though.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Palp, Vader plus one thrawn/tarkin/IPD/shore is a good counter from full health full protection.

I’d advise against troopers now zombies are g12. 80k health/protect is hard to get through with 3 to get the train going.

Troopers are a fantastic second team once you have dropped NS protection.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Last 2 rounds I used Asajj, Zombie Talia. Asajj dispells and AOE.
  • Options

Nice win & thanks for the answer! What were the relative speeds / gear levels of your characters vs the opponent's? Why did acolyte "come out of stealth"? She is always stealthed as long as there is another NS (eg, zombie)?

I do try pick teams with dispel & AOE, they just don't work against high speed, well geared zombie / acolyte.

My last try was with zVeers (G12), Starck (G12), and Death Trooper (G11). Veers and Starck were faster than the other team (Asajj lead) but the zombie auto-taunt was too much to overcome before Death Trooper was wrecked, and then I was into the stealth / taunt / revive infinite loop cycle until I was dead.

You should read her kit again, she has 90% chance to gain stealth on basic. My bast and gk are arena modded so very high speed. It really was a bad idea to use them and i had given up until after 3+ minutes of smashing zombie on auto that 10% chance to not gain stealth kicked in
  • Options
    Ep, Vader, Sion works great.
  • Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    You don't happen to have zBastila, zGMY and zHYoda in defense?
    Because there's someone struggling with my NS lool

Nope, not me - but I empathize with whoever you are facing! :s:)
    You should read her kit again, she has 90% chance to gain stealth on basic. My bast and gk are arena modded so very high speed. It really was a bad idea to use them and i had given up until after 3+ minutes of smashing zombie on auto that 10% chance to not gain stealth kicked in

Ah, ok - so the 9/10 chance of stealth made it seem like she was 100% stealth, but occasionally with good RNG she will drop stealth. Thanks for clearing that up.

I could try and counter NS with my own NS, who are pretty weak or I could level up a 4* Sion to put with EP & Vader. (I don't have zEP, but do have zzVader for lead)

Thank you to everyone else who contributed, and please keep the ideas coming!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    B2 is another option for dispel. You can also bring people with heavy aoe and kill Acolyte that way.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that she has a 90% chance to gain stealth on basic, but she gains stealth for 2 turns each time. So really, you need that 10% chance to NOT gain stealth to occur twice in a row. I think that comes out to a 1% chance for her to lose stealth naturally? I've been out of school for a while 😂
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Boba to ignore taunt / prevent revive on Asajj, Dengar so acolyte can not stealth, and any other BH will prob be fine... also seen Boba, DT, and Kanan (dispel zombie taunt + taunt of his own) work very well, too.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Boba to ignore taunt / prevent revive on Asajj, Dengar so acolyte can not stealth, and any other BH will prob be fine... also seen Boba, DT, and Kanan (dispel zombie taunt + taunt of his own) work very well, too.

The Fett's (Boba & Jango) 'cannot revive' effect doesn't work on the Zombie revives.

Kanan is interesting... does his health regen hold up against plague? What speed and gear level?

• Options

The Fett's (Boba & Jango) 'cannot revive' effect doesn't work on the Zombie revives.

Kanan is interesting... does his health regen hold up against plague? What speed and gear level?

I know... specifically said the purpose of Boba was preventing a revive to remove Asajj. My Kanan is G11/171 speed, but I have not tried using him vs a Talzin team yet... but I would guess it would not be as effective with Talzin in the lineup.

Also.... I used Plo Koon lead to remove one of these team in round 3 of GA. His lead is universal, his basic will remove the taunt from Zombie. Plo, Boba, +1 was very effective against the Talzin, Zombie, Acolyte comp.

• Options

^ This. Bastila, Ezra and Old Ben worked for me. Two dispels, one ability block.
  • Options
    I know... specifically said the purpose of Boba was preventing a revive to remove Asajj. My Kanan is G11/171 speed, but I have not tried using him vs a Talzin team yet... but I would guess it would not be as effective with Talzin in the lineup.

Also.... I used Plo Koon lead to remove one of these team in round 3 of GA. His lead is universal, his basic will remove the taunt from Zombie. Plo, Boba, +1 was very effective against the Talzin, Zombie, Acolyte comp.

Boba & Jango won't prevent Asajj revive because the zombie dies instead of Asajj and then instantly comes back. If you mean a revive of Asajj by Dakka then yes, Boba & Jango will prevent that.

Plo is a great idea but a long way down the list for gearing & leveling...
  • Options
    EP, Vader and Bad-stilla. BSF's synergy with EP (the extra shock speeds him up a bunch) and stun make her super useful if you have her geared.
  • Options
    Posted in the other NS thread, but cross-posting for discussion:

Any thoughts on whether zVader lead + Canderous would be enough to take them out from DOTs? At lower gear maybe include a tank/healer, but ideally getting it done with just 2?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Boba & Jango won't prevent Asajj revive because the zombie dies instead of Asajj and then instantly comes back. If you mean a revive of Asajj by Dakka then yes, Boba & Jango will prevent that.

Boba & Jango can both kill Asajj while Zombie is still alive and zombie will not be able to revive them. Zombie can only revive herself when a "cannot be revived" skill is used. Boba & Jango could kill the other 2 NS and zombie would be left alone.

Side note: Plo's ship has one of the best reinforcement abilities, so gearing him up is highly recommended for fleets.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Didnt think about Plo, but Plo + Both Vets sounds like a very good cheap team to use. Vets have good health steal and can stun, daze, buff remove and ability block.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Boba & Jango can both kill Asajj while Zombie is still alive and zombie will not be able to revive them. Zombie can only revive herself when a "cannot be revived" skill is used. Boba & Jango could kill the other 2 NS and zombie would be left alone.

Side note: Plo's ship has one of the best reinforcement abilities, so gearing him up is highly recommended for fleets.

Are you saying that Boba & Jango can prevent the revives from undying sacrifice? So if Zombie has 'charges' in undying sacrifice they are not used to prevent execute? What happens instead?

I did some very brief searching but mostly got boba vs zombie re: endless hordes, not undying sacrifice.

It's too bad there isn't a test server or mode for this game.

I'll check out Plo's ship, but I generally finish pretty high (top 20) in ships and don't use or hardly ever see him.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Boba's execute and jango in general prevent revives when they kill a NS. Zombie will come back of course but the rest cant be revived.
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Boba's execute and jango in general prevent revives when they kill a NS. Zombie will come back of course but the rest cant be revived.

Ok, I will try this with the Fetts instead of on defense. Thanks for the help.

• Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I have personally taken Asajj out with Boba's execute 1st time death. Zombie did not revive Asajj after i killed her (Asajj).

• Options

Zombie doesn’t die instead of another NS. When another NS does, they are revived, and then zombie also dies. So an attack that prevents revives will prevent NS from reviving thanks to zombie.