Tier the rewards so everyone gets something a little different

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but it would be nice to acknowledge those who take 2-4th place. Right now they all get the same rewards which seems like a participation trophy to me. Any chance the rewards could be broken down even more would be nice in my opinion. even if that means boosting the 1st place rewards as well. Anyone else's thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    How do you decide who gets 2nd 3rd or 4th if they all have 2 wins?
  • Options
    Its mostly one 1st (3 wins), 3 2nd (2 wins), 3 3rd(1 win) and a 4th (0 wins) xD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    How is it a participation trophy when they won 2 matches?

They each did equal work, and had equal results.
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm not really sure how the game currently decides who gets 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place since they all will have 2 wins. Is it based on GP or is there some other reasoning that goes into the decision?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Since there is no seeding, there is no true championship round. The person who loses to the winner in round 2 and wins the other matches is no worse than the person who does the same in round 3. There is no basis on which to determine that the former deserves better rewards than the latter.
  • Options
    its pretty simple. the top 2 have to fight each other. That makes for a cut and dry 1st and 2nd place. The 3rd and 4th place go against each other, making it a very clear 3rd and 4th place, so on and so on. You don't see 2nd-4th place all receive silver metals. I feel it would be a little more incentivizing for players. If I didn't make it to fight for 1st place I would purposely lose so I get easier match making in the future.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    beer30mn wrote: »
    its pretty simple. the top 2 have to fight each other. That makes for a cut and dry 1st and 2nd place. The 3rd and 4th place go against each other, making it a very clear 3rd and 4th place, so on and so on. You don't see 2nd-4th place all receive silver metals. I feel it would be a little more incentivizing for players. If I didn't make it to fight for 1st place I would purposely lose so I get easier match making in the future.

A) That’s not clear at all since the best two could face each other in rounds 1 or 2.
    B) If you purposefully lose again you get worse rewards. The only people getting the same rewards are the ones with the same record.
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time or the last)

1st = 3 wins
    2nd = 2 wins- had to face the person who took 1st place and lost
    3rd= also has 2 wins (one from the 1st round and 1 from the 3rd round)
    4th place= 1 win from the first round only

if this is the case then why would 2nd-4th get the same rewards?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time or the last)

1st = 3 wins
    2nd = 2 wins- had to face the person who took 1st place and lost
    3rd= also has 2 wins (one from the 1st round and 1 from the 3rd round)
    4th place= 1 win from the first round only

if this is the case then why would 2nd-4th get the same rewards?

No, that’s not correct. 2-4 all have 2 wins. The groupings are determined by record and all 3 of those people finished with 2 wins and 1 loss.
  • Options
    No, that’s not correct. 2-4 all have 2 wins. The groupings are determined by record and all 3 of those people finished with 2 wins and 1 loss. [/quote]

okay, but only one of them played for first place, in return they take second place. 3rd and 4th (I'm assuming this because I have only taken 1st or 2nd) fought against one another which would make a clear 3rd and 4th place.
  • Options
    No, that’s not correct. 2-4 all have 2 wins. The groupings are determined by record and all 3 of those people finished with 2 wins and 1 loss.

okay, but only one of them played for first place, in return they take second place. 3rd and 4th (I'm assuming this because I have only taken 1st or 2nd) fought against one another which would make a clear 3rd and 4th place.
    [/quote]

Nope,

The tiers really should just be renamed to three wins, two wins, one win, zero win, That would stop all this nonsense about rewards changing and who beat who.

It’s really simple, You get three wins, you get “first “, You get two wins, (no matter how or what round) you get tier two, second thru four rewards. Etc . There is no second place or third or fourth. It’s just how many wins total for the three rounds. That’s it that’s all.
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

That's not necessarily true. Take my current GA for example. I'm one of the four 1-0 people going into this round. In this round, I've beaten another 1-0 person, so I'm 2-0, and he is 1-1. Next round, if he wins (and by roster and mods, I'd place money on it), he will be 2-1. Next round, I will fight someone who is 2-0. If I win, I will be 3-0 and that person will be 2-1. That person fought me and lost, just like my current opponent. Why should that person be ranked higher than my current opponent, with the same record, both having lost to the person who finishes first?
  • Options
    That makes sense. I guess I got caught up on the 1st,2nd,etc.
  • Options
    Just to be stubborn I'm going to stick with the idea that rewards should be in tiers and the matches should be bracket/ tourney style.