Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Failed attempts only matter if you eventually beat the enemy squad and get points for it.

If you never manage to defeat the squad you don't get any points at all.
  • Make a title or portrait for ga victory
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Make a title or portrait for ga victory

Wish they would, and a victory count. I mean, if it's supposed to be competitive, why can't we see how many we've won? Lol
  • Gannon wrote: »

Wish they would, and a victory count. I mean, if it's supposed to be competitive, why can't we see how many we've won? Lol

You mean a count of how often you got a good matchmaking pick...
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Kithryn wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

I was outmatched in gp this time and several other times, but I still pulled a win. It's been really close tho, usually decided by full protection banners, but still.
    I've never seen any reason to think the matching is off enough to cause issues.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    All this planning, working on good 3v3 squads, getting it all setup

And the last battle, the battle for the 3rd win, the guy who saved all his G12 to attack me, doesn't. Lol.

Oh well, I'll take the free win, and move a long. Seems like the first round was what determined who won this one.
  • Crazy notion, the AI only attacks if you do?
  • Maedos
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Who the hell came up with the rewards in grand arena? I have plenty of these “gear shards” from the daily challenges. Thank you for the time we just spent. I am so happy with the +30 pieces added to my 700 stock. I am so sure that will be handy. Thanks EA.

Edited to remove excessive profanity. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Crazy notion, the AI only attacks if you do?

🤣 that’s funny wish it was true
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Kithryn wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

I was outmatched in gp this time and several other times, but I still pulled a win. It's been really close tho, usually decided by full protection banners, but still.
    I've never seen any reason to think the matching is off enough to cause issues.

I would say that you are in a small percentage of players. Most do not even bother to comment because that is an even greater waste of time.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2275 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Maedos wrote: »
    Who the hell came up with the rewards in grand arena? I have plenty of these “gear shards” from the daily challenges. Thank you for the time we just spent. I am so happy with the +30 pieces added to my 700 stock. I am so sure that will be handy. Thanks EA.

Edited to remove excessive profanity ~Rtas

Even the guys with 168 G12 characters dont turn down mk3 carbantis. Needed for G12+ gear
  • evoluza wrote: »
    The biggest question still is:
    WHY IS "GRAND" ARENA, LESS REWARDING THEN NORMAL ARENA?

Your arena shard gives out Zetas, Omegas, Ship Omegas, and gear like Stun Guns/Stun Cuffs/Carbantis plus slicing mats?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ahh another finish in the bottom brackets... everyoen had 300k less ship GP and 300kish more toon GP...and all those extra teams they had did me in...lost two of the matchs by 20 points or less....

Thanks team for the wonderful Ship 'GP imbalance... Nothing holds on D in ships so when there is a Ship area in GA....who cares that ship GP really benefits nothing...

Painful it is
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Maedos wrote: »

Edited to remove excessive profanity ~Rtas

If you don't need carbantis, you are either a new player who hasn't learned yet, or you are playing a completely different game than most of us.
  • Won mine. There was only one player in my bracket who had a better roster than me, and he didn’t participate at all and got last place. More for me, I suppose.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Droideka wrote: »
    Won mine. There was only one player in my bracket who had a better roster than me, and he didn’t participate at all and got last place. More for me, I suppose.

must be nice.

Then again i say same thing to people in ship challenges that get 24 zetas in 18 sims.....

I'm on a 0-18 streak....garbage
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Won mine. There was only one player in my bracket who had a better roster than me, and he didn’t participate at all and got last place. More for me, I suppose.

must be nice.

Then again i say same thing to people in ship challenges that get 24 zetas in 18 sims.....

I’ve yet to see corroborated proof of that kind of luck in zeta pulls
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

must be nice.

I’ve yet to see corroborated proof of that kind of luck in zeta pulls

my word ???

EDIT 2 : and there you go... I stand corrected.. Sunday January 13th 1 zeta 2 ship omegas...

I stand corrected I have great luck

• Liath wrote: »
    Coa020 wrote: »
    @Liath "but I think in most cases it’s not nearly as big a factor as people are making it out to be" That is not entirely true. Difference in char power is from 30-120k and that is much more felt in 3vs3 then regular 5vs5. 30-120k more power means 3-12 20k power characters instead of mine 3-12 10k characters. So he will have 1-4 more fully upgraded teams. And all that is happening because ship power is calculated when it should not be.

As I said, I am in exactly this position right now. I am in 8th place in character GP in my group. I don’t expect it to make any difference at all.

The person with the highest character GP has more than 200k more than me. If I faced him I would have no trouble beating him. But I won’t face him because he already lost to somebody else in round 1.

It seems I didn't post my previous reply... phones and forums..

Eventually I ended up in 2-4 rewards pool i.e. two wins.
    One win was against a guy with 220k more character GP, but he set up strange defenses and made odd attacks, so it doesn't count.
    The other one is more interesting against a guy with 170k more character gp. We ended up defeating the same amount of squads and territories. I won by 26 points, but I was super careful with my attacks, trying to optimize them. Managed to complete my battles in first try except one and then the final squad which I couldn't defeat. And this where it gets interesting. My opponent had more g12 characters with tightly packed zetas, while I had more g11 with occasional zetas here and there. So it means I got punished for being invested into ships and my opponent got punished for being narrowly focused on certain characters. It can be seen as 'fair' but it is wrong in concept to punish both players. Somewhat reminds me of ns zombie situation before the fix.

• nobody is punishing anybody - its a game mode.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    sl84t wrote: »
    nobody is punishing anybody - its a game mode.

lol...welcome to the forums...............

WOO 2 grand arenas this month 24 minutes of gameplay over an entire month CHEERS !!! lol

(I'm actually happy cause GA is horrible) even i can do 24 minutes of a month standing on my head.

Finally a win from the big team upstairs... Days of no events (training droids/Omegas are not content), no ship content, 24 minutes of GA, all this nothingness is getting me excited for the nothingness to come !!!!!!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Reduce the time between rounds and make it perm. DUMP TW, burn it down and salt the earth where it stood.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Well, imho, they should remove the arena and ship arena gem rewards and move it in GA.

It will fix the collusion in arena, and it will give GA the rewards it deserves (it is the end game pvp).

They would probably need to increase the number of people, so that you have a GA each day, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Who am I kidding, they aren't able to overlap GA and TW as its using the same server logic :wink:
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Demerzel wrote: »

Who am I kidding, they aren't able to overlap GA and TW as its using the same server logic :wink:

Hopefully they are able to since it’s scheduled to happen in February.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Immediate concern is, how much time per day is this going to take? I took it easy last week and my screen time was down 37% to just 3.5 hours per day...amazingly, and perhaps disturbingly, that's not even an exaggeration.

Point is, for a mobile game there's already some fairly hefty time commitments involved in the game if you're part of an active guild. Has this been considered? What about offsetting time required with some QoL shortcuts elsewhere to compensate?
    We hear you, the time commitment was another big topic we examined closely with this feature. We don't want this to turn into hours and hours of work. This should be a fun way to compete with players of a similar level

favorite game mode! love 3v3!
    i hope you do all you can to fix matchmaking!
  • Naughtalis wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Immediate concern is, how much time per day is this going to take? I took it easy last week and my screen time was down 37% to just 3.5 hours per day...amazingly, and perhaps disturbingly, that's not even an exaggeration.

Point is, for a mobile game there's already some fairly hefty time commitments involved in the game if you're part of an active guild. Has this been considered? What about offsetting time required with some QoL shortcuts elsewhere to compensate?
    We hear you, the time commitment was another big topic we examined closely with this feature. We don't want this to turn into hours and hours of work. This should be a fun way to compete with players of a similar level

favorite game mode! love 3v3!
    i hope you do all you can to fix matchmaking!

Totally agree, best game mode!! Just tweak that matchmaking algorithms a bit (removing ship gp in GAs where there are no fleets was a necessary first step).
  • mwigor
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    A simple solution for fixing matchmaking is to have it based on GP deployed or activated. During day 1 (when all you have to do is register at the moment) you would have the option to choose which of your units/ships you wanted to have available for the duration of the GA. Matchmaking would be based only on the GP included. Someone shouldn't be penalised for investments made in toons and/or ships which they have no intention of using in GA.
  • mwigor wrote: »
    A simple solution for fixing matchmaking is to have it based on GP deployed or activated. During day 1 (when all you have to do is register at the moment) you would have the option to choose which of your units/ships you wanted to have available for the duration of the GA. Matchmaking would be based only on the GP included. Someone shouldn't be penalised for investments made in toons and/or ships which they have no intention of using in GA.
    Characters with fluff rosters get rewarded in TB but get penalized in GA. It seems balanced.
  • Oh look, more crap rewards.
    3 OMEGAS does not justify nearly half the amount of gear salavage given. Please make the rewards good again and stop this nonsense of overvaluing omegas