falcon op but isnt it a little TOO OP???

Cg, for godsake, please remove falcons dispell, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! It is so rng dependent i am sick of it literally. please nerf this TOO MUCH OP falcon!

Replies

• Options
    It’s the newest thing, of course it’s OP. Give it a month or so and the next ship will lilely replade it
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    HT was on top more than a month and it wasn't even a legendary. so I would think the falcon will have a little longer than that ;-) I don't think cg will nerf it to the ground like they did with TFP and Reaper
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    It’s the newest thing, of course it’s OP. Give it a month or so and the next ship will lilely replade it

All we need is a ship with mass dispel as a regular ability.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

You mean like Cassian's reinforcement ability?

(Forgive me if my sarcasm meter isn't functioning properly.)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    RunchGwar wrote: »

I know about that, that's why I wrote "regular ability". Reinforcement ability is a bit harder to time and you only get one shot.
  • Options

I know about that, that's why I wrote "regular ability". Reinforcement ability is a bit harder to time and you only get one shot.

This seems overly picky. Make sure you don't have breach (cleanse with Ackbar's first move if necessary), call Cassian, kill the enemy Falcon with Cassian's called assist on your own Falcon, kill the rest of the ships. It's a pretty basic strategy, really. RNG, contrary to the OP, doesn't even really play into it (especially with the final omega upgrade on Cassian's assist).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

This seems overly picky. Make sure you don't have breach (cleanse with Ackbar's first move if necessary), call Cassian, kill the enemy Falcon with Cassian's called assist on your own Falcon, kill the rest of the ships. It's a pretty basic strategy, really. RNG, contrary to the OP, doesn't even really play into it (especially with the final omega upgrade on Cassian's assist).

Sure, all I am saying is that the Falcon will lose a lot of its power once a ship with regular mass dispel is introduced. Not that there isn't a way to deal with it now.
  • Options
    I hope they will nerf Dooku too
  • Options

Sure, all I am saying is that the Falcon will lose a lot of its power once a ship with regular mass dispel is introduced. Not that there isn't a way to deal with it now.

Fair enough. A special ability mass dispel would certainly cut down on the Falcon's dominance. Doesn't seem likely to happen though, to a brand new, meta-defining ship.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It's the first legendary ship, and its pilots are a raid reward and a legendary character. There was no chance of it not being wildly overpowered.

Your options are:

A: Be mad about it and lose
    B: Build up your rebels because it isn't going anywhere

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The next Meta will inflict daze and stop all those assists from occurring. Book it! HMS is pretty vulnerable to Cassian and daze. Hounds tooth is the real OP ship. Daze nerfs HMS but HT has no major Achilles hill that I see.
  • Options
    My Falcon fleet gets beat by other fleets plenty. I don't drop as much as I used to, but it isn't that OP. And if you breach a ship on the other side, Bossk's taunt will stay up regardless of how many times it gets "dispelled" because of breach.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The next Meta will inflict daze and stop all those assists from occurring. Book it! HMS is pretty vulnerable to Cassian and daze. Hounds tooth is the real OP ship. Daze nerfs HMS but HT has no major Achilles hill that I see.

Poe inflicts Daze now. With his basic. (against TL ships sure, but if you're running rebels and Biggs that shouldn't be a steep hill to climb.) Sith Bomber dazes too.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    No it's not.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Sith Bomber and Sith Fighter can shred OG Falcon. Sure it requires a massive investment but it is a valid counter.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    #nerfrey
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It's the first legendary ship, and its pilots are a raid reward and a legendary character. There was no chance of it not being wildly overpowered.

Your options are:

A: Be mad about it and lose
    B: Build up your rebels because it isn't going anywhere

You forgot a lot of options including the obvious one : build up your rebels, and be mad about it becaue it isn’t going anywhere.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    The Falcon only truly works under an Ackbar lead. No Ackbar, No dispel. For the most part, I have been able to shred non-Ackbar fleets that try to use the HMF in their line up with my Executrix.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    The Falcon only truly works under an Ackbar lead. No Ackbar, No dispel. For the most part, I have been able to shred non-Ackbar fleets that try to use the HMF in their line up with my Executrix.

Yeah, those are hilarious.

"OG Falcon is supposed to dispel on basic and lower cooldowns but it isn't working. I am running a Rebel fleet, what gives?"

"Who is your capital ship?"

"Tarkin, no one else has an instakill."

"OG Falcon only works with AA capital ship"

"Really? CG, fix it so it works with MY setup!"
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

The sad part is that only Thrawn truly has an insta-kill. Tarkin isn't doing much to HT or a mace protected fleet (or even an assist heavy ackbar fleet).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

Yeah, those are hilarious.

"OG Falcon is supposed to dispel on basic and lower cooldowns but it isn't working. I am running a Rebel fleet, what gives?"

"Who is your capital ship?"

"OG Falcon only works with AA capital ship"

"Really? CG, fix it so it works with MY setup!"

It's weird, I always see the ZOMGTIEFIGHTERS move referenced as the main reason to use Tarkin, but he's my capital and I rarely end up using it. Admittedly it happens more now with Ackbar/HMF/HT setups, but I'm usually aiming to end it before the match gets that far.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

^ this didn’t age well as the next ship did nothing to change the falcon dominance even slightly.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Again falcon is not the problem it's the HT always has been the HT...Falcon being able to hide behind HT because of the TM gain and immortality function...

Want a fix....HT only gains stacking protection under dark side capitals or only gains TM under dark side capitals....guess what.... falcon would be worthless because it's ALWAYS been about the HT and will be for a while

Without HT Falcon dies every single time before it takes a turn... I find it funny the only way the REBELS falcon ackbar fleet meta works is with a dark side bounty hunter tank... I mean to be honest what exactly has to happen with new kits where the HT is not ALWAYS always in your first 3...

it should not be called 3v3 it should be called 2+HT v 2+HT

There will always be new ships and new metas and new kits....but the question is will it always require the houndstooth to ensure you the time to set it up ?

Even if fast ships get more stun or TM removal mechanics that can bypass the HT it will never fix the problem that it will always end up being 3v2 after the opening which in 3v3 is extremley hard to overcome..... so in retrospect you actually NEED the HT and should always need the HT to ensure the 3v3 after first round...

I can't imagine ships now without HT HT HT

I do miss 5v5

I Think 5v5 with 4 reinforcements and a 7:30 timer would be more fun...but again balancing everything is rough.... 3v3 the balancing needs to be ridiculously tight even if it's just for crazy falcon vs falcon mirror matches