Hound's Tooth Breach

It claims that breached enemies have -25% evasion while Hound's Tooth is active. TFP has about 25% evasion so it should cancel out but TFP still seems to evade (even without Foresight) way more than I'd expect. Could be bad RNG the past few weeks but odds are no. Does anyone else have similar experience?

Replies

  • I could be wrong, but off the top of my head I think Breach lowers Defense and Speed, not Evasion.
  • TVF
    14228 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hound's Tooth gains 25% Protection Up (stacking) for 2 turns whenever it takes damage from an enemy's attack. While not Taunting, it has +50% Tenacity and gains +25% Turn Meter whenever another ally takes damage from an enemy's attack. Attacks that deal damage multiple times will not trigger these effects more than once. When Hound's Tooth loses Taunt, it gains Taunt for 1 turn if an enemy is Breached. While Hound's Tooth is active, Breached enemies have -25% Evasion.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    2245 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Hound's Tooth gains 25% Protection Up (stacking) for 2 turns whenever it takes damage from an enemy's attack. While not Taunting, it has +50% Tenacity and gains +25% Turn Meter whenever another ally takes damage from an enemy's attack. Attacks that deal damage multiple times will not trigger these effects more than once. When Hound's Tooth loses Taunt, it gains Taunt for 1 turn if an enemy is Breached. While Hound's Tooth is active, Breached enemies have -25% Evasion.

    Ah, well then. I got nothing, except to confirm that I use HT and also find the TIE to be super annoying with its constant dodging.
  • Kokie
    1085 posts Member
    Tie advance takes care of that problem in one shot usually
  • I’m not sure, but i think that -25% evasion is based on starting evasion, so in this case it is 25% of 25% tie fighter has at the start of the battle, so its evasion is reduced to around 19%
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I remembered incorrectly. Please disregard.
    Post edited by Roopehunter on
  • Perks wrote: »
    I’m not sure, but i think that -25% evasion is based on starting evasion, so in this case it is 25% of 25% tie fighter has at the start of the battle, so its evasion is reduced to around 19%

    The mechanics on swgoh.gg state that it's additive so it should be 25% + -25%. Theoretically swgoh.gg gets its information straight from the game itself so this should be accurate.
  • It's frustrating because I thought it was additive too which means that TFP should virtually never dodge while breached. I submitted a ticket if anyone wants to bump it.

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hound-s-Tooth-breach-and-Tie-Fighter/m-p/7156655#M19887
  • They gave u hounds tooth to purchase to assist u and now u r complaining about its effectiveness they won’t read ur ticket like many they get lol.
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    They gave u hounds tooth to purchase to assist u and now u r complaining about its effectiveness they won’t read ur ticket like many they get lol.

    huh? I'm saying the kit does not appear to be working as intended. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your comment.
  • Stud3099
    551 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    From Answers HQ:

    "Hey, thanks for the report. We tested Hound's Tooth against the Imperial TIE Fighter (while Breached) and confirmed that the -25% Evasion is applied correctly.
    It's probably a matter of perception.

    Also take into account that the Imperial TIE Fighter has the highest evasion from all the ships. If it gets -25% Evasion it will still be able to evade like any other ship in game as it brings it's evasion to the same level as other ships."


    It sounds like there is a base evasion stat that all ships get that can't be adjusted?
  • TVF
    14228 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I think all ships other than TIE have a base evasion of 2%, based on a random sampling of what's shown on gg. Which tracks with the answer from Answers HQ, btw.

    If you decide to believe it or not is a separate question. I do, because I agree that it's a matter of (incorrect) perception. Others feel differently.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I think all ships other than TIE have a base evasion of 2%, based on a random sampling of what's shown on gg. Which tracks with the answer from Answers HQ, btw.

    If you decide to believe it or not is a separate question. I do, because I agree that it's a matter of (incorrect) perception. Others feel differently.

    @TVF Perception isn't incorrect. I know when I land breach and when I don't and when a dodge should be unexpected. RNG could be bad though which is why I asked the question to find out other's experiences.
  • All I know is I have been in multiple battles where I have kept TFP breached with HT, and he still dodges the exact same as normal. I have yet to see any evasion benefits to Breach.
  • All I know is I have been in multiple battles where I have kept TFP breached with HT, and he still dodges the exact same as normal. I have yet to see any evasion benefits to Breach.

    Theres a confirmed bug with it. Instead of decreasing dodge, it decreases its accuracy. Your breaches tfp opponents will miss more, but thats it, until the fix.

    Why not fixed yet? Wheres the revenue in that.
Sign In or Register to comment.