Darth Revan is not what we thought.

Prev134
IDinDooNuffin
459 posts Member
edited February 2019
There is zero chance F2P will get him en masse. That said. There is no way that KOTOR and HK47 are what we will need when he finally arrives. We have had WAY too much F2P time to farm those toons. And Grievois wasnt a successful enough money grab to make anyone in my guild or sister guilds at least stop working on KOTOR.

There is no chance that CG will let most of us have this toon for free.

So opinions and theory as to what will actually be needed for him now.

Bastilla, and Hk are still on my list. Guessing a JTR style of 2 new marquees that arent free to farm until the event starts (which means a month from now if toons are dropped today) and that F2P farm is both in top stage of cantina. And maybe current revan?

***post script: I was not complaining about lack of f2p coddling :smile: i completely support the big spenders buy it first. Rewarded for a few months amd then rd 2 I get the toon.
Post edited by IDinDooNuffin on

Replies

• Options
    Unless Darth Revan isn't going to be epic or actually coming. As long as people spend on panic farms, does it matter?
  • Options
    We'll see. Jedi Revan was obtainable f2p the first time (with a big enough hoarded crystal stash), so I dont see why Darth Revan wouldnt be.

Dont confuse F2p with everyone. According to my calculations (may be off), it takes about 30-35k crystals to get Jedi or Darth Revan, which can be gathered f2p over time, but not quickly nor easily.
  • Options
    I think there is nothing wrong (not even profit-wise) with what they did. I really doubt there would be any more toons added.
    Perhaps the idea is not to require 4-5 hardly accessible toons. With giving an advantage on Canderous and Fallen Bastila farm, there would be many people needing only two more characters when the event drops.
    If they required 4 new toons, only dedicated spenders would jump for the shards and crystal packs. But missing 50 Carth shards might even convince someone previously completely F2P to drop a few bucks.
  • Options
    We'll see. Jedi Revan was obtainable f2p the first time (with a big enough hoarded crystal stash), so I dont see why Darth Revan wouldnt be.

Dont confuse F2p with everyone. According to my calculations (may be off), it takes about 30-35k crystals to get Jedi or Darth Revan, which can be gathered f2p over time, but not quickly nor easily.

Not confusing with everyone. But id bet of the first rounders to get revan. Less than 20% were f2P. So I feel safe with the generalization. I Just missed 3p0 on free to play but I credit that too toons that have been around for years being the only requirement
  • Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Luniz wrote: »
    people that stash 30-40k crystals aren't f2p. maybe they aren't buying those crystals but other than maybe 1 or at most 2 people per shard, you don't finish top 3 every day if you've never spent money unless you are in some wacky timezone.

Yes they can be. But they are not new players. Veterans know how to finish top 3 everyday. It's quite easy, but long, to stash that many crystals while still spending 400-500/day.

Both arena top places yield a total of 900, plus daily quests yield between 50 to 100, individual events like galactic bounties yield 100 and guilded events like territory battles can easily yield over 500 each.

Let's say you only get an average of 750/day from arena and spend 450/day, you accumulate a minimum of 350/day. After a month that's over 10000. Racks up pretty quickly.
    What happens if you have more than 3 veterans on a server with the same payout?.

If the requirement is to know how, then its a numbers game.

Essentially you need 3 things.

1. A good A list team capable of beating anyone on offense.
    2. A good timezone payout - while you can change TZ, you may change too soon or the top 50 may shift enough for that to work out badly too.
    3. Access/membership to a shard chat.

If you have these they you can finish top 20 usually - top 10 sometimes. Top 3 only if you don't share the time-zone with a large number of equally skilled players.

Essentially, to get the amount of crystals you're talking about you need all of the above conditions to be met - which isn't always practical. That's ignore mod luck.
  • Options
    I suspect that rather than being generally OP, the next DS legendary (could still be Malak) will probably have a kit targeted at neutering Revan and being just good outside of that so he can be beaten by other teams. If that's the case I don't think he needs to be as inaccessible as Revan was the first time round.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    people that stash 30-40k crystals aren't f2p. maybe they aren't buying those crystals but other than maybe 1 or at most 2 people per shard, you don't finish top 3 every day if you've never spent money unless you are in some wacky timezone.

I'm in a completely f2p guild with plenty of members that have crystal stashes and some of them even managed to get jedi revan the first time and will most likely have some that get Darth revan the first time. You just have to know how to manage your resources
  • Options
    It totally depends. If u are in arena group that spends a lot, u will not make in top to save crystals as F2P. And u still need to spend crystals for farming toons and keep w the pace. It also depends in which guilf u are.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I don't know where you guys have got these insane figures from, but 30k is what's needed for all 5 first time round for LS revan

Ive used 3,850 and im 1/3 of the way to 6*, farming Carth and Juhani from 3* since last Friday. Placing 1st in arena means I've only had to make up a shortfall of 350 (which was covered by TB reward)

That's worked out at 17 crystals per shard for me. Overall I'll need 12k crystals.

Either way, it's still the same required rate of 12 shards a day since they became farmable- if you assume the event will start next Friday and run for 1 week.
  • Options
    Darth Revan will be OP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »

Yes they can be. But they are not new players. Veterans know how to finish top 3 everyday. It's quite easy, but long, to stash that many crystals while still spending 400-500/day.

Both arena top places yield a total of 900, plus daily quests yield between 50 to 100, individual events like galactic bounties yield 100 and guilded events like territory battles can easily yield over 500 each.

Let's say you only get an average of 750/day from arena and spend 450/day, you accumulate a minimum of 350/day. After a month that's over 10000. Racks up pretty quickly.

I don't know what shards you're in but there is no way I'm finishing anywhere near the top of mine if I had remained f2p. I'll give the benefit of the doubt on fleet arena and say it's possible in theory but squad arena...no way. Honestly, it cracks me up when I read these posts.

Ouch, it must hurt that other players can get top3 daily in squad arena while being f2p, but you can't. Better to think they're lying and laugh ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not easy to get him free to play , but not impossible and some will.
    If you rank top of your shard daily and save crystals, and event drops say 3/14, several will get him free to play.
    If you have 30k crystals saved from payouts, you will. And I have several friends that are free to play who have those kinds of reserves so....no...it’s not impossible

But yeah, if you’re free to play and rank top20-50 in arenas, you won’t get him first time around.

I’m free to play and rank 1st daily.
    Don’t give me “Revan is OP **** either”
    He can be countered 90% of the time with tanky Traya and good mods.

But, as someone suggested so well above, you could go to your happy Gilmore “happy place” and imagine no one free to play could possibly get him, to make yourself feel better too.
    That works.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Please folks. Enough of the "im F2P finish top of my shard." Crap.. For every 1 of you that can do that there are 10 shards that f2p CANT... Most of us are in these kinds of shards...

So when i make a generalization and lable it a generalization, pointing out the extreme EXCEPTION does not make me wrong.

And if 10 people say they are F2p and finish number 1 consistently. 9 of you are lying
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Please folks. Enough of the "im F2P finish top of my shard." Crap.. For every 1 of you that can do that there are 10 shards that f2p CANT... Most of us are in these kinds of shards...

So when i make a generalization and lable it a generalization, pointing out the extreme EXCEPTION does not make me wrong.

And if 10 people say they are F2p and finish number 1 consistently. 9 of you are lying

You're doing a whole lot of assuming, but fact of the matter is that there are hundreds if not thousands of f2p players who finish high daily. You can assume 90% of them are lying if you like, but i think deep down you know that's not the case.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i do however agree that there's zero chance of f2p players getting the new character en masse. I'm willing to wager that most spenders won't even get the new character.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

You're doing a whole lot of assuming, but fact of the matter is that there are hundreds if not thousands of f2p players who finish high daily. You can assume 90% of them are lying if you like, but i think deep down you know that's not the case.

Since cg doesnt release overall player count im deffinitely assuming. I can only speak of 50 seperate shards. And of that 50 only 20 that i i know the top 3 in. And of those 20. There is 1 that is consistantly number 1 and is f2p. Now even if you +or minus 5% for error. My assumption should be accurate.

And i think im being ridiculously liberal by saying 20% f2p finish high.

If we are talking over a beer I wouldnt even give 20%
  • Options
    i do however agree that there's zero chance of f2p players getting the new character en masse. I'm willing to wager that most spenders won't even get the new character.

thats interesting. Why dont you think P2P's will get it?
  • Options
    They're going to introduce the eighth Star Level which will be required for all characters to unlock him
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

thats interesting. Why dont you think P2P's will get it?

Because they're unwilling to pay obviously
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »

I don't know what shards you're in but there is no way I'm finishing anywhere near the top of mine if I had remained f2p. I'll give the benefit of the doubt on fleet arena and say it's possible in theory but squad arena...no way. Honestly, it cracks me up when I read these posts.

August 2017 shard. Very active shard with inclusive friendly chat. I have teams that counters anything, that's the trick.

Though I sometime have to do 2, rarely 3 refreshes (15+ fights) to reach 1st as everyone climbs and everyone owns Revan in top 100. But investing 50, 150 or even 250 (rarely) crystals to climb and get 500 crystals as a reward is totally worth it. And it prevents being pushed in the 100s as well.

This
  • Options
    @dominiQC I find it odd that you can talk about how different shards are composed when you've only stated you have one account.

I have three accounts, two of which are FTP (ok, I spent $10 on Sion's marquee way back on one of them). All three have achieved first place in their respective arenas.

I made a conscious choice NOT to farm Revan on one of them, so that account is fortunate to reach 100 before it hits the wall (No Traya or 3PO either - but prior to that, it could reach first with Titans and CLS again once Chewbacca was released).

I bought Revan on my main account, though I was pretty well prepared for it and spent nowhere near what some people have quoted. I farmed for his second coming on the other account. I've opted out of the top spot in the rotation since I don't have time to climb consistently and don't want to be a nuisance to my shard mates.

While there is some variation in shard composition (spenders vs. non-spenders vs. depth), I can quite definitely say that a) First place is and has always been obtainable for F2P players that are focused, diligent, and good at raids and b) Revan has been somewhat of a reset button for shards. No other meta has had such a contrast between ease to obtain and efficacy (Revan: super effective and relatively easy to obtain), and no other meta has been so forgiving on mod differential (or at least speed being a factor in victory).

You can make blanket statements all you want, but there's no basis for fact in any of them. There are a lot of seasoned players on this forum that are very helpful that could give you game advice if you're interested and willing to listen.

• Options
    Imo, the key to FTP getting to the top of arena is patience. I spent 9 months hoarding gear waiting for a meta shift that I had the characters for. I got into my shard chat even when I was outside the top 100. Once the meta changed I dropped my gear stash and flew to the top. Now I have the crystal income that I can repeat the same cycle, but it takes a lot less time to hoard the gear. It also helped me get going in fleet arena. It's definitely doable for any FTP, you just have to have a plan and maintain a long term focus.