Malak Legendary ?

Replies

• Options
    Great news. I ll probably unlock this new legendary in 2020
  • Options
    Don't be a bonehead, that post is a bunch of hogwash. They've never had you farm ships to be able to get a toon and I doubt they'll start now.
    The person that original posted that on Reddit is just a troll so ignore him.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options
    This sounds like yet another "some **** who doesn't go outside very much made up a scenario in his head and then posted it as fact" situation.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Don't be a bonehead, that post is a bunch of hogwash. They've never had you farm ships to be able to get a toon and I doubt they'll start now.
    The person that original posted that on Reddit is just a troll so ignore him.

To be fair they never had you farm LS+DS toons to be able to get.... ;)
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    This would be a new low if true although I had this theory awhile back along with many others. But I had faith CG would you know...do the right thing and make Darth Revan just a little easier to unlock and shake up the meta. Requiring 5 sith ships to unlock Darth Malak when they know everyone is panic farming the KOTOR characters would be just plain disrespectful. I'll reserve final judgement for when we see what actually happens.
  • Options
    I don't believe something like this is going to happen, but I would celebrate using ships for such a legendary event! It would be refreshing and I have all the Sith ships at least at 5* .
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    It's not a leak, it's a rumor. Pure and simple.

Aren't all leaks just rumors?

Not necessarily, though they often have commonalities. The screenshot cut out of the gc video is an accidental leak. That particular instance whatever it is, is a fact.

I'm afraid i don't understand what you mean.

Darth Gammorean is a leak. The op post is a rumor on what the leak can possibly mean (way less reliable than the mainstream assumption on the leak)

Regardless, the mainstream assumption on said leak is still speculation/rumors. I don't see how those two are all that different. It's all just rumors untill it gets confirmed.

You don't see how the two are different?

One is an un-doctored screenshot from a test account given in a video to a lamechanger. It more or less confirms based on squads in the screen shot that an old republic sith lead is currently being tested. It's fair to assume it will be launched shortly.

The other item is obviously someone having a bit of fun with people.

If you can't see the difference between the two, I just happen to have the Brooklyn Bridge available for sale.
  • Options
    Sounds like nonsense. Not sure where anyone even read this because I don’t see any thread about Malak in the first 20 or so threads on Reddit. A leak is inside information from someone who works on the game, a tester, etc. Rumors and speculation are just guesswork by people who don’t have any inside information. Yes, there’s a difference. Also, the 50 shard packs are $15, not $50....$30 when it’s two characters combined. They are limited to one purchase. No one would buy a $50 pack of 50 shards as it would be cheaper to just buy them from shipments.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Not necessarily, though they often have commonalities. The screenshot cut out of the gc video is an accidental leak. That particular instance whatever it is, is a fact.

Darth Gammorean is a leak. The op post is a rumor on what the leak can possibly mean (way less reliable than the mainstream assumption on the leak)

Regardless, the mainstream assumption on said leak is still speculation/rumors. I don't see how those two are all that different. It's all just rumors untill it gets confirmed.

You don't see how the two are different?

One is an un-doctored screenshot from a test account given in a video to a lamechanger. It more or less confirms based on squads in the screen shot that an old republic sith lead is currently being tested. It's fair to assume it will be launched shortly.

The other item is obviously someone having a bit of fun with people.

If you can't see the difference between the two, I just happen to have the Brooklyn Bridge available for sale.

You're missing the point, which is why i don't think it's all that suprising that you so happen to have a brooklyn bridge for sale ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Cant be... palpatine ship isnt even farmable
  • Options

Gamorrean Guard as Darth Revan stand-in > Darth Gamorrean > Darth Gamora...

Star Lord confirmed.

In seriousness though... the 'Leak' could very well have been a troll. Nobody ever seems to talk about the possibility that they put it in there intentionally.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    AA86 wrote: »
    Cant be... palpatine ship isnt even farmable

Easy to Bring it Back the same way so you can farm it but only If it comes back and sure you must spend for 7* as Always.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I don't agree. A leak is a leak. There have been numerous leaks previously and was just stated as such (opposed to a rumor) And most of those turned out to be true. Even when they didn't, we can't be sure if the leak itself is true or CG steered ship due to the leak.

I find it important to make the distinction simply because it's actionable and those actions hugely matter for player outcomes.

How are you able to determine whether you consider it to be a leak or a rumor though? Most, if not all, rumors are prestented as leaks.
    You're making a distinction between the two based on your own perception, which is likely to be correct but that's besides the point. If you think it's unlikely you consider it to be a rumor, if you think it has merrit you consider it a leak. That is what it looks like to me atleast.
    To the best of my knowledge there has only been one "leak", that data mine. Other than that one there have been numerous of "fake leaks".

I look at how it's stated and ofc also it's likelihood and sensemaking. But this one doesn't even make a claim to be anything more than a rumor so I'll treat it as such and it's not actionable for me. Noone is saying they have insider information and so on.
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    Options
    If that leak is true... I really hope it isn't because I don't see a reason to keep playing after that. So many people will leave...

Lol talk about being a cry baby

Boo hoo
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    This is funny..... the same ppl threatening to quit are the same people preaching.... gotta save, gotta farm, gotta stay on top, we ate the best cause we are ready !!!!!!!.

So you ignore ships something like this happens and all of a sudden I QUIT cause i ignored a major portion of this game and im not getting malak because I was not prepared......

I for one would love this then i would get malak and he could sit next to the rest of my ungeared sith !!!!
  • Options
    I've seen this. Highly unlikely considering Malak isn't the Leviathan's commander and thats the basis for this speculation. Nor was Malak the apprentice of Darth Revan or even affiliated with him during this darkside ending variation of Revan, once he knew the old republic team and Bastila Fallen existed.

So unless CG plan to go even further from the source material than the Jedi Revan event did, i'd say this definitely isn't the case.

If anything expect Sith ships to unlock Ebon Hawk at somepoint for Carth/T3/Bastila
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Honestly, this is the dumbest rumour so far. The ridiculous part is not that ships would be required for a toon. Let's say that might happen some time.
    But all the legendary events make some sense lore-wise, even if in the case of the Falcon event you can use Cad. At least BHs were tasked with capturing the crew of that ship.

What does Vader's Tie advanced have to do with Malak? What is the correlation between the fleet of the empire and Malak?
    Yoda is "training" the jedi squad in his event. Phoenix is fighting Thrawn, Ewoks are capturing C3PO. What are ships, thousands of years appart trying to obtain from Malak?
    Perhaps there is a legendary Malak, with 5 sith required, above the difficulty of Chewy event to add a farming aspect. But these are not the ships you are looking for, if you seek to unlock the Dark Lord.

But since people seem to be so fond of theories, what if we go one step further. What if the Solo toons will be required to unlock the Solo-version of Maul, completing a squad of double-bladed lightsaber-user Sith. There you have it. They will be required for Malak. Maul, Maul, Savage, Assassin, Fallen Bastila. Nobody understood what Fallen Bastila would do in a Revan event anyway. Now you have it. Bastila is for Malak. Carth, Juhani, HK, Malak, Canderous is for Darth Revan. Makes so much sense now, doesn't it.
    Post it on reddit, make people panick..
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, this is the dumbest rumour so far. The ridiculous part is not that ships would be required for a toon. Let's say that might happen some time.
    But all the legendary events make some sense lore-wise, even if in the case of the Falcon event you can use Cad. At least BHs were tasked with capturing the crew of that ship.

What does Vader's Tie advanced have to do with Malak? What is the correlation between the fleet of the empire and Malak?
    Yoda is "training" the jedi squad in his event. Phoenix is fighting Thrawn, Ewoks are capturing C3PO. What are ships, thousands of years appart trying to obtain from Malak?
    Perhaps there is a legendary Malak, with 5 sith required, above the difficulty of Chewy event to add a farming aspect. But these are not the ships you are looking for, if you seek to unlock the Dark Lord.

But since people seem to be so fond of theories, what if we go one step further. What if the Solo toons will be required to unlock the Solo-version of Maul, completing a squad of double-bladed lightsaber-user Sith. There you have it. They will be required for Malak. Maul, Maul, Savage, Assassin, Fallen Bastila. Nobody understood what Fallen Bastila would do in a Revan event anyway. Now you have it. Bastila is for Malak. Carth, Juhani, HK, Malak, Canderous is for Darth Revan. Makes so much sense now, doesn't it.
    Post it on reddit, make people panick..

I like your Maul idea.
  • Options
    Im good with that. Ive been waiting for a reason to end this game for a long time. Having no chance to unlock Darth Revan, and instead keep swimming in the pool of 300 jkrs in the next 6 months, sure seems to be a good reason to quit.

Wanting to quit a game is a good enough reason to quit a game. It's just a game. If you don't like the direction the devs are taking the game, then stop playing it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    This is funny..... the same ppl threatening to quit are the same people preaching.... gotta save, gotta farm, gotta stay on top, we ate the best cause we are ready !!!!!!!.

So you ignore ships something like this happens and all of a sudden I QUIT cause i ignored a major portion of this game and im not getting malak because I was not prepared......

I for one would love this then i would get malak and he could sit next to the rest of my ungeared sith !!!!

I think it's more about being swamped by Revans for another several months, rather than not being ready for the next thing. The expectation of a counter coming soon is what keeps me going through the daily arena grind, if they make the counter basically unobtainable, I can easily imagine a lot of people quitting out of frustration.
  • Options
    2vddx9.jpg

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    2vddx9.jpg

U win thread
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Anyone really believes, that we need ship to unlock a character?

No but that would be awesome and a nice reward for ppl who prefer fleet
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

I think it's more about being swamped by Revans for another several months, rather than not being ready for the next thing. The expectation of a counter coming soon is what keeps me going through the daily arena grind, if they make the counter basically unobtainable, I can easily imagine a lot of people quitting out of frustration.

Then you will just have boring mirror battles with the counter.... That's how this game works.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Then you will just have boring mirror battles with the counter.... That's how this game works.

Not necessarily. Even if it requires "only" the new batch of OR, it won't be as prevalent as Revan is now (arena at least on my shard was pretty fun and diverse before his second coming). Secondly, it can be more focused as a Revan counter, while being beatable by other top-tier teams. If its edge over, say, Traya or CLS is not that huge, it could bring back the rock-paper-scissors system.
    Besides, mirror matches in themselves are not that much of a problem, it's the boring, long matches that often end in timeout. I would take CLS mirror match over this any day.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Malak is gonna be a marquee release sometime in the summer.

Ebon Hawk announcement today pretty much guarantees Darth Revan for end of month.

Making Malak a legendary isn't going to generate much revenue at this point. Onky exception is if he requires Darth Revan to unlock but I don't see that as likely.

Your kissing right ppl with traya nihlus sion + OP malak and future stupid OP god lord revan prob rule game till episode 15...... just the speculation of revan gonna have all the wallet warriors foaming at the mouth to whale on any OP sith that goes with darth dumbvan
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Malak is not and will never be Legendary material...