Kit Rework: HK-47

Replies

  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    This is the absolute worst rework ever.

    Worse than Finn?

    Only because I really like droids and scoundrels. It's like a knife through my soul.

    @Killbot5000 how does that feel? I’ve never had a knife through my soul I think. I could’ve, but I’m not sure.😁
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Huge tm gain on leads in general csn be op and broken so yes hk lead was broken due to the tm gain alone
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    This is the absolute worst rework ever.

    Worse than Finn?

    Only because I really like droids and scoundrels. It's like a knife through my soul.

    Well then that sucks, I love Sith so these changes are perfect for me.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Xel wrote: »
    This rework is amazing...and follows lore! Trade off a leadership that makes HK 47 VERY relevant in a Sith Empire team. His leadership is still great, just reduced. I have all the droids to gear 12 and love droids. I fully support this rework. What a bunch of complainers! Developers did say they WANT to make better droids but are limited to the potential results due to a leadership. Give it time ....who knows what’s being planned. If a 40% turnmeter reduction is the worst thing to happen to you this year, consider yourself very blessed! Perspective people!


    Ok, who let one of Cg's devs comment on this thread? Seriously, WHO let a dev on this thread?
    40% tm reduction isn't the worst thing to happen this year though, that would be the Grievous rework being immensely disappointing (and since Hk's lead is being nerfed, can we let b1 and Droideka crit now since it won't cause a loop?)

    Boy howdy not looking forward to the next meta (or the ep9 meta for that matter)
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    How can you say it’s not crazy when it’s 5,000 pages long?😂
    The novel length abilities are getting out of hand, but it boils down to...

    *Scaling speed and damage based on number of Jedi and Old Republic toons.
    *Recover and deal more damage on assists.
    *Tenacity Up for 1 turn at start of combat.
    *Floating special buff/move in Strategic Advantage.
    *Chisel away Nest and Traya.
    *Negate Bastila and Maul's starting turn meter.

    Which all told is good, but not crazy.
    Still not a he.
  • KKatarn
    437 posts Member
    edited March 19
    HK22 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    HK Deserves the Old Republic tag, since he can join both JKR and DR.

    You make an excellent point from a storytelling perspective, but if you give him the OR tag then people are going to want him to have synergy with JKR as well.

    And he should have. It was Revan who created him during his Jedi days. And i also remember how HK47 made no distintion between Jedi or Sith because his assassination tactics could be applied to both.

    But i am not even surprised. This is just another exemple of tags not properly adressing a character story in this game. :#

    Don't get me wrong, i like most of the changes for his skills but this tag nonsense.
  • As expected, leadership nerfed to death and useless without Darth revan. Thanks a lot!

    I wouldn't say useless w/o DRevan, and he seems especially still useful against Jedi, overall his kit is much better than before, however;

    The leadership nerf is horrible, why all the way down to 10% from 50%? Why not something reasonable like 20%? Like someone said many droids are VERY slow, so TM gain is needed for them, 10 won't cut it
  • crzydroid
    4572 posts Moderator
    So I'm wondering if Darth Revan gives allies the ability to inflict debuffs or tmr. Because HK now gets 30% potency when under Darth Revan lead, but with the removal of all the debuffs, nothing in his kit will need potency. The only debuff he inflicts is tenacity down, which can't be resisted and renders potency unnecessary.
  • Riffinator
    2523 posts Member
    edited March 19
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So I'm wondering if Darth Revan gives allies the ability to inflict debuffs or tmr. Because HK now gets 30% potency when under Darth Revan lead, but with the removal of all the debuffs, nothing in his kit will need potency. The only debuff he inflicts is tenacity down, which can't be resisted and renders potency unnecessary.

    he does have a dispel on his second ability that doesnt say cant be resisted
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CATEGORIES: Dark, Attacker, Droid, Sith Empire

    Anyone know what the "Dark" category is? Is this a typo or actually something?
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • crzydroid
    4572 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So I'm wondering if Darth Revan gives allies the ability to inflict debuffs or tmr. Because HK now gets 30% potency when under Darth Revan lead, but with the removal of all the debuffs, nothing in his kit will need potency. The only debuff he inflicts is tenacity down, which can't be resisted and renders potency unnecessary.

    he does have a dispel on his second ability that doesnt say cant be resisted

    Dispels don't go through potency/tenacity.
  • mahlor
    3 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Wiggensbog wrote: »
    CATEGORIES: Dark, Attacker, Droid, Sith Empire

    Anyone know what the "Dark" category is? Is this a typo or actually something?
    @CG_SBCrumb

    Dark side obviously.
  • @mahlor none of the others have it though.. look at Bastilas categories
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    @mahlor none of the others have it though.. look at Bastilas categories

    I think the ‘dark’ tag is a typo since his alignment is already dark side.
  • Ninjah9
    810 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    HK Deserves the Old Republic tag, since he can join both JKR and DR.

    Looks like the Kotor characters are being split into Old Republic, and Sith Empire. Which is smart, otherwise the old republic faction would get wildly out of control. Also leaves room to keep adding kotor sith characters without making the "Sith" faction too OP.
  • HK-47 never should have had a leader skill. Doesn't fit the character, and they should have removed it entirely in the rework. And he literally belongs to Darth Revan, it makes sense that that would be a far more effective place for him to be.
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    HK Deserves the Old Republic tag, since he can join both JKR and DR.

    Looks like the Kotor characters are being split into Old Republic, and Sith Empire. Which is smart, otherwise the old republic faction would get wildly out of control. Also leaves room to keep adding kotor sith characters without making the "Sith" faction too OP.

    It shouldn't do much to avoid making the Sith faction powerful, because most of the characters who are likely to be added with a Sith Empire tag will also have a Sith tag. Unless they start digging deep on SWTOR characters. On the flipside, the Sith Trooper needs to immediately be given a Sith Empire tag, and have his Sith tag removed, because he isn't Sith, just an Imperial Trooper from the Sith Empire.
  • Darth_DeVito
    720 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Nevermind.
  • So much crying
  • its VERY ..VEEERY sad. EA please dont change leader skill HK-47.
  • azumi wrote: »
    its VERY ..VEEERY sad. EA please dont change leader skill HK-47.

    1. Too late
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    So much crying

    I wonder if the trolls even realize how self-referential comments like this are.
  • CosmicJ
    180 posts Member
    He looks sick in a drevan line up. Part of me is sad to see my first arena leadership changed, other part of me is happy that i can use him again in the meta ;)
  • Gorem
    1184 posts Member
    CG is so lucky that this game is star wars. Ruining HK's balanced lead while stuff like Revan and soon Darth Revan is allowed to run rampant, all because they know people will give them money no matter how many times they show us that they hate us.
  • Droid teams still work just not AS well. ig88 still packs a punch as leader
    No. Just No.
  • sith empire is what they were called in old republic days
    No. Just No.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    CG is so lucky that this game is star wars. Ruining HK's balanced lead while stuff like Revan and soon Darth Revan is allowed to run rampant, all because they know people will give them money no matter how many times they show us that they hate us.

    "Balanced" stop being in denial we all knew it was broken
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Oh stop with all the HK rework complaining. I play at the highest level of the game and even there no one used or uses hk ever. Until the gg rework no one gave a crap about hk lol btw highest levels meaning an almost 5 mil acct in the baddest tw guild ever assembled. Dsr swa 4 life!!!

    4y4v218mywm7.jpg

    Nice pic, dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about!
    I know who that guy is too.😉
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Honestly, since i was so busy with other stuff, i never even actually farmed hk47. Therefore i am not as sad as most.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm really liking the new basic, and special.

    Assassination Protocol is a hit and miss for me, the cooldown is greater than Darth Nihilus' Annihilate and harder to reduce, whereas the other guy can one-shot anyone. I'm glad we are staying away from that level of power. I hope it hits very hard to justify it and that the AI prefers to use it on Deathmarked or fear targets

    I really love the Self-Reconstruction rework.

    Dislikes:
    -Relies on Darth Revan to be on the leader slot. I understand the counter to power creep is to make toons super weak outside leader slot and just painstakingly powerful as leaders but it only gives toons like HK a short term longevity. Would've been nice if HK had some of those bonuses without Darth Revan and it was doubled or tripled if DR was present (to its current zeta stats) rather than only applicable if DR is present and in leader slot

    -TM gain from leader is very insignicant. 10% is just very bad but I don't care about his lead so its meh
    -Assassination Protocol requires fear or deathmark for CD decrease and his kit doesn't have any means to do so on its own. Would've been nice if he was more flexible enough to work with T3, or other Old Republic allies.

    As others pointed out he is only useful if Darth Revan is present and not that impressive in other teams. Like others, I was hoping he was useful in a Carth led OR team

    If Revan also has an ability that inflicts fear then it could be reduced pretty quickly.
Sign In or Register to comment.