Yoda’s Dark Side Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited March 2019
1r2im0p3upqo.png

Yoda’s Dark Side
Dark Side, Attacker

Shadowy Laughter Basic: Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict ability block for 2 turns. If Yoda’s Dark Side has stealth, this attack can’t be evaded and deals 50% more damage.

I Will Devour You Special 1: Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict stagger for 2 turns on them. This attack can’t be countered and starts on cooldown. ZETA: Any enemies who have already been damaged by Yoda’s Dark Side take bonus damage equal to 100% of their max protection (this damage can’t defeat enemies) and Yoda’s Dark Side gains max health equal to 30% of the amount of bonus damage dealt. (Cooldown 3)

Tackle Special 2: Deal special damage to target enemy and remove 100% turn meter from them. Then inflict defense down, evasion down, and tenacity down on them for 3 turns. This attack ignores protection if the target has been damaged by Yoda’s Dark Side. He gains stealth for 3 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Rejected Unique: Whenever Yoda’s Dark Side is damaged by Grand Master Yoda, Yoda’s Dark Side loses 8% offense and defense (stacking) until the end of the battle. Yoda’s Dark Side has +50% and potency offense against all enemies except Grand Master Yoda who he has -50% offense and potency against.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Options
    Obviously he’s not Darth Revan or Jedi Revan level stuff, but I’m curious to know if this guy is overpowered. The zeta might be too much.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Kool but have him have stacking crit against Yoda and Yoda against him. Not decreasing.
  • Options
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Kool but have him have stacking crit against Yoda and Yoda against him. Not decreasing.

But Yoda was stronger than his dark side and was able to control it.
  • Options
    I like the idea, it's a cool kit. The unfortunate thing is that there are no tags that make sense for him in the game, so he just has no faction synergy. I think how he gets weaker against GMY is a good idea and it fits with the lore, it also provides a built in counter, which is a good thing for game balance.
  • Options

Shadowy Laughter Basic: Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict ability block for 2 turns. If Yoda’s Dark Side has stealth, this attack can’t be evaded and deals 50% more damage.
    This is good. I like this

I Will Devour You Special 1: Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict stagger for 2 turns on them. This attack can’t be countered and starts on cooldown. ZETA: Any enemies who have already been damaged by Yoda’s Dark Side take bonus damage equal to 100% of their max protection (this damage can’t defeat enemies) and Yoda’s Dark Side gains max health equal to 30% of the amount of bonus damage dealt. (Cooldown 3)

The 100% protection damage does seem pretty darn overpowered. I submit two options for this ability:
    1. Change the damage percentage to somewhere around 50%
    2. Make this ability start on cooldowns.
    Tackle Special 2: Deal special damage to target enemy and remove 100% turn meter from them. Then inflict defense down, evasion down, and tenacity down on them for 3 turns. This attack ignores protection if the target has been damaged by Yoda’s Dark Side. He gains stealth for 3 turns. (Cooldown 4)
    To me it would make more sense if this ability ignores protection if that enemy was damaged by "I Will Devour You."
    Other than that I really like this.

Rejected Unique: Whenever Yoda’s Dark Side is damaged by Grand Master Yoda, he loses 10% offense and defense (stacking) until the end of the battle. Yoda’s Dark Side has +50% and potency offense against all enemies except Grand Master Yoda who he has -50% offense and potency against.
    While I understand that canonically GM Yoda was more powerful than his dark side, I think this takes that idea a little too far. Maybe losing a smaller amount of defense/offense when damaged by him, or else if he's damaged 10 times, DS Yoda will have no offense to boast.
  • Options

The 100% protection damage does seem pretty darn overpowered. I submit two options for this ability:
    1. Change the damage percentage to somewhere around 50%
    2. Make this ability start on cooldowns.
    Maybe you missed it, but the ability already does start on cooldown.
    To me it would make more sense if this ability ignores protection if that enemy was damaged by "I Will Devour You."
    Other than that I really like this.
    Hmm, but “I will devour you” starts on cooldown. He would need to wait 4 turns before he can ignore protection with this ability. I think this needs a different solution.
    Rejected Unique: Whenever Yoda’s Dark Side is damaged by Grand Master Yoda, he loses 10% offense and defense (stacking) until the end of the battle. Yoda’s Dark Side has +50% and potency offense against all enemies except Grand Master Yoda who he has -50% offense and potency against.
    While I understand that canonically GM Yoda was more powerful than his dark side, I think this takes that idea a little too far. Maybe losing a smaller amount of defense/offense when damaged by him, or else if he's damaged 10 times, DS Yoda will have no offense to boast.

If DS Yoda is damaged 10 times, he will still have approximately 35% of his starting offense left (if I did the math correctly lol) since each time he loses offense it is based off of his current amount, not starting amount. But since you mention the unique goes a bit too far, I’ll bring it down to 8%.
  • Options
    Is Dark Side Yoda really a thing in Star Wars?
  • Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Is Dark Side Yoda really a thing in Star Wars?

Yes, there was an episode of the clone wars where Yoda had to face his dark side.
  • Options
    Does he lose offense and defense when attacked by Yoda, or does Yoda lose this. Please clarify, but otherwise really cool kit. I feel like he is pretty balanced because he has strong abilities, but they start on cooldown and he has no tags. Great idea, I would never have thought to do this character.
  • Options
    Does he lose offense and defense when attacked by Yoda, or does Yoda lose this. Please clarify, but otherwise really cool kit. I feel like he is pretty balanced because he has strong abilities, but they start on cooldown and he has no tags. Great idea, I would never have thought to do this character.

It’s Yoda’s dark side that loses offense and defense. I will make that more clear. Also I was inspired to make this kit by Rake6 and Zenbreon.
  • Options
    Maybe, perhaps with some sort of "opposite" effect, like healing hurts him or buffs debuff him. Idk. It seems like a stretch.