Grand arena GP fix will continue to punish fleet players

Before I start, I know that there will be some changes that will address the matchmaking and GP differences for grand arena. Until then how about some quick and easy adjustments that will give the few of us that have invested in fleet a chance and an incentive to participate.

The incentives are easy, include zetas in the rewards for the 1 in 3 GAs that include fleet. I have no idea why these GA matches are the only ones that pay-out with omegas but it should be easy to fix.

To give us a chance, change the banners rewarded in the fleet node to equal the squad node. Without this adjustment it is impossible to win unless you wipe out all of your opponents teams and will continue to encourage squad investment over fleet investment after whatever GP fix is planned. In the current GA my opponent didn't fill all his defensive slots and will win because the fleet node payout is 115 less than squad. I've included a screen shot to show the point difference.

d4ty26bs79qe.jpg

Replies

• CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Right now there's just a lot more characters than ships. There's only a possible 4 fleets that can be made in this game due to capital ship limitation. If you're doing 6 squad battles and 1 ship battle, seems wrong that they have the same weight.

I think the only way to increase ship investment is for cg to first release more ships. Then heck, maybe they can even do a ship only GA :)
  • Options
    Eww ships no thanks
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, players who focus on ships are definitely punished. One good-ish fleet has the GP around 300k or more, which equals three great character squads, but the banner reward is similar. So with ships, you get less reward for more GP than with characters. Either the GP calculation should be adjusted to give similar numbers for both, or ship and character GP should be considered separately for matchmaking purposes.
  • Options
    Still haven’t fought someone with more ship GP than me and most fight were easy
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    They should just remove fleet from GA alltogether. That way you're no longer punished for having a good/high GP fleet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    my opponent have 500k character PG more than me!
    It's OK!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    They should just remove fleet from GA alltogether. That way you're no longer punished for having a good/high GP fleet.

Not sure if trolling, but that might actually be a good idea. There's currently not much to do with ships in GA anyway, so removing them at least until we get more options could be beneficial.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Not sure if trolling, but that might actually be a good idea. There's currently not much to do with ships in GA anyway, so removing them at least until we get more options could be beneficial.

It's something i prefer because i'm heavily biased, but i wasn't trolling.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    The problem still is that you have invested a lot into pilots, which also inflate Squad GP. If you've got all the pilots maxed out you are worse off then basically everyone in the entire game when it comes to squad fights. (Han and Chewy being like the only exception)

Of course that's another reason why basing matchups on GP is something only a child would do, and CG does it. GP has never meant anything in this game.

Seven starring adds a ton of GP, gearing up adds less, a geared one star can one shot a non geared seven star.

Fleets can stay, the problem will always be basing Matchups on pointless meaningless GP. The fleet zone should matter more, it should be the same as the squad area. When ships are in GA you should win in a situation posted in the OP. It would only be fair to people who prefer to play ships over squads.

But I guess that's just not how CG wants you to play.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    The problem still is that you have invested a lot into pilots, which also inflate Squad GP. If you've got all the pilots maxed out you are worse off then basically everyone in the entire game when it comes to squad fights. (Han and Chewy being like the only exception)

Of course that's another reason why basing matchups on GP is something only a child would do, and CG does it. GP has never meant anything in this game.

Seven starring adds a ton of GP, gearing up adds less, a geared one star can one shot a non geared seven star.

Fleets can stay, the problem will always be basing Matchups on pointless meaningless GP. The fleet zone should matter more, it should be the same as the squad area. When ships are in GA you should win in a situation posted in the OP. It would only be fair to people who prefer to play ships over squads.

If the fleetzone matters more, wouldn't that be punishing for the players who invested in squad?
    Also, there are obviously more exceptions than han and chewy.
  • Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Right now there's just a lot more characters than ships. There's only a possible 4 fleets that can be made in this game due to capital ship limitation. If you're doing 6 squad battles and 1 ship battle, seems wrong that they have the same weight.

I think the only way to increase ship investment is for cg to first release more ships. Then heck, maybe they can even do a ship only GA :)

Hmm...so it’s unfair to increase points for ships since there’s more squad battles, but it’s ok to factor in ship GP equally with squad GP for matchmaking???

Not saying anything negative towards you. This is exactly what myself and others have pointed out for a while. And you’re right, under the current setup, squads should award more points since they involve more battles and characters. But the GP for ships should be adjusted (at least for GA), in order to reduce the occurrence of these mismatches.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

If the fleetzone matters more, wouldn't that be punishing for the players who invested in squad?
    Also, there are obviously more exceptions than han and chewy.

Yea it would punish squad investors more, but that’s because the GP matchmaking isn’t a good way to match people up (at least the way GP is currently calculated). Currently, it’s sucks when 45% of my GP contributes 25% of the total points. It would be nice if every battle wouldn’t be an uphill battle.
  • Options
    Bsod wrote: »
    Before I start, I know that there will be some changes that will address the matchmaking and GP differences for grand arena. Until then how about some quick and easy adjustments that will give the few of us that have invested in fleet a chance and an incentive to participate.

The incentives are easy, include zetas in the rewards for the 1 in 3 GAs that include fleet. I have no idea why these GA matches are the only ones that pay-out with omegas but it should be easy to fix.

To give us a chance, change the banners rewarded in the fleet node to equal the squad node. Without this adjustment it is impossible to win unless you wipe out all of your opponents teams and will continue to encourage squad investment over fleet investment after whatever GP fix is planned. In the current GA my opponent didn't fill all his defensive slots and will win because the fleet node payout is 115 less than squad. I've included a screen shot to show the point difference.

d4ty26bs79qe.jpg

U’re kidding me. Fleet is the reason i win.