Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • ZombiOne67 wrote: »
    Same situation, they should consider the victories useful for the objectives, it is not dependent on our will. If the opponent does not deploy you lose a round of valid attacks for the purposes of the great Arena objectives, it is something that should be taken into account and corrected.

    please. why should I set D if no chance to win?
  • Rath_Tarr
    3911 posts Member
    Seems like the player with the least total GP committed (attacking + defending) should be the victor in a tie-breaker and in the unlikely event that is also a tie, just flip a coin.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Seems like the player with the least total GP committed (attacking + defending) should be the victor in a tie-breaker and in the unlikely event that is also a tie, just flip a coin.

    I tend to agree as they technically were the underdog.
  • Gannon
    1504 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I thought this GA was pretty well balanced, but then, I haven't really found any of them too out of whack. I have relative balance in fleet and characters, 1.05M chars to 850K fleet. I would not say I have felt overly picked on in the non-fleet events.
    Things look a little different if those GP values are even or reversed.
    Second round, we both cleared each other, and I lost 1310-1308... closest match ever.
    You sure about that? ;)

    8lr33qkl113t.png

    I lost for a second time this month when I tied my opponent 1326-1326 the other day but his GP was greater by just a few points. :#
    Yeah, the GP tie-breaker seems daft to me. Might as well just flip a coin at that point. There has to be a better way.

    Today is the 3rd time this month I lost again due to a tie. My opponent has exactly 133 more GP then me. Gotta love this game. :/

    Did you attack? 👀

    Yes we both finished tied 1431-1431.

    That's pretty crazy lol
    On the bright side tho, that prolly won't happen often
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I thought this GA was pretty well balanced, but then, I haven't really found any of them too out of whack. I have relative balance in fleet and characters, 1.05M chars to 850K fleet. I would not say I have felt overly picked on in the non-fleet events.
    Things look a little different if those GP values are even or reversed.
    Second round, we both cleared each other, and I lost 1310-1308... closest match ever.
    You sure about that? ;)

    8lr33qkl113t.png

    I lost for a second time this month when I tied my opponent 1326-1326 the other day but his GP was greater by just a few points. :#
    Yeah, the GP tie-breaker seems daft to me. Might as well just flip a coin at that point. There has to be a better way.

    Today is the 3rd time this month I lost again due to a tie. My opponent has exactly 133 more GP then me. Gotta love this game. :/

    Did you attack? 👀

    Yes we both finished tied 1431-1431.

    That's pretty crazy lol
    On the bright side tho, that prolly won't happen often

    3rd time this month in GAs. But it is how the system is setup so no reason to get upset. I do recall one tie went in my favor. :)
  • Hálcyøn
    45 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cool concept for those who are interested.

    Aslong as there's an option to auto set or just ignore it completely I'm fine with it. I barely do my two battles a day to finish my daily activities. Can't imagine this is going to draw me in.

    Then what’s the point of playing if you don’t care enough to spend time on the game? Games are supposed to be played for fun, and if everything could be completed on auto there would be no reason to play. If there’s nothing in this game that “draws you in” you should probably find another game.
  • I'm totally with you, a tie shouldn't be a lose. It's the same situation as arena. Time runs out in arena, you have all 5 characters up, opponent has 1, you lose. HOW is that a lose? 20 more seconds that tune would be dead.
  • Grand arena is garbage anyway. I have been fairly matched twice in the tournaments entirety. I will not be entering the next one. I have a g.p of 3.1 mil and have placed only second one time and 4th or over all the rest. Mostly 6th or above. It's far from fairly balanced. It's a miracle if I win a round. What an epic fail in my point of view.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    l1520n2lb6m6.png
    I imagine people will now complain about vast total gp differences like this. It shouldn't really matter but ppl who have a much higher total gp have usually been playing much longer, so will have more mods and zetas. Not exactly the fairest alternative.
    Wait, people are getting opponents with a different total GP? All of my opponents have had identical GP to me and the same distribution of GP between squads and ships.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    I have 4 zetas total. My GA opponent has 16 on his starting line defense. Super fun.

    It is the nature of the beast. Some focus on specific toons others seem to collect and even out things like myself. During the last GA my first opponent starting 4 squads of 5 on defense were all G12 squads. CLS, JKR, NS, and Traya. I have a total of 8 G12 toons in my inventory but our GP was fairly matched. FTR I did not win that match up and to be honest did not even try when what I had available.

    Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the way it should be. My gripe is the way the calculate GP in the first place if bogus, at least as far as GA is concerned. I have no G12 characters and 4 zetas in my entire line up. I have no business being matched up against another player who's starting 12 toon starting defense has 16 zetas and 8 g12 characters (including Revan). I don't care how many lower level toons I have, if our GP is in the same ballpark then the game's calculation is very poorly written.
  • Honig76
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Fix this unfair unmodding. My enemy has 1,7 gp lol.. Here He is

    02xwofdiyo2f.jpg

    wir2n896muf5.jpg

    Finding Rivals just has to be calculated by rank and Stars, fix this unfair game play, EA
    Post edited by Honig76 on
  • Gannon
    1504 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    l1520n2lb6m6.png
    I imagine people will now complain about vast total gp differences like this. It shouldn't really matter but ppl who have a much higher total gp have usually been playing much longer, so will have more mods and zetas. Not exactly the fairest alternative.
    Wait, people are getting opponents with a different total GP? All of my opponents have had identical GP to me and the same distribution of GP between squads and ships.

    Everyone of my 8 is above 3.4, and the one I'm facing now has 2.2 character gp to my 1.9. It's bogus.
    That means that they also have way more g12s, zetas, 6* mods, etc.
  • Stokat
    599 posts Member
    Must say I was equally happy as surprised by today’s GA win. He had 40 more g12 toons than me and a maxed Darth Revan squad (which I will get in 4-5 months but will have a hard time facing until then).
  • Rath_Tarr
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gannon wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    l1520n2lb6m6.png
    I imagine people will now complain about vast total gp differences like this. It shouldn't really matter but ppl who have a much higher total gp have usually been playing much longer, so will have more mods and zetas. Not exactly the fairest alternative.
    Wait, people are getting opponents with a different total GP? All of my opponents have had identical GP to me and the same distribution of GP between squads and ships.

    Everyone of my 8 is above 3.4, and the one I'm facing now has 2.2 character gp to my 1.9. It's bogus.
    That means that they also have way more g12s, zetas, 6* mods, etc.
    You should not be seeing that kind of variance in character GP. Total GP, sure, but not character only.
  • Gannon
    1504 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    l1520n2lb6m6.png
    I imagine people will now complain about vast total gp differences like this. It shouldn't really matter but ppl who have a much higher total gp have usually been playing much longer, so will have more mods and zetas. Not exactly the fairest alternative.
    Wait, people are getting opponents with a different total GP? All of my opponents have had identical GP to me and the same distribution of GP between squads and ships.

    Everyone of my 8 is above 3.4, and the one I'm facing now has 2.2 character gp to my 1.9. It's bogus.
    That means that they also have way more g12s, zetas, 6* mods, etc.
    You should not be seeing that kind of variance in character GP. Total GP, sure, but not character only.

    Maybe if they reduce the player groups to 4, it could reduce this kind of thing happening often. Would also save lots of time and could potentially give better rewards to those who lose a round.
  • It seems you could allow players to enter the toons they wish to use. Example if an event requires 18 toons on defense and 18 toons on offense lets say everyone gets 42 toons to select for the event. GP could be based off of those toons only. So each player decides the roster they want to use to be calculated for the event.
  • Gannon
    1504 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It seems you could allow players to enter the toons they wish to use. Example if an event requires 18 toons on defense and 18 toons on offense lets say everyone gets 42 toons to select for the event. GP could be based off of those toons only. So each player decides the roster they want to use to be calculated for the event.

    Or just auto calculate the top 50 from everyone's rosters, and match using that gp. Most players wouldn't have tons they couldn't use at all in top 50.

    But i like my idea of using groups of 4
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Or, expand the GA map to allow +20, or even +30 teams. 20 teams on D, 20 teams on O, meaning ~200 characters needed.
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    That wouldn’t fix the problem of the power creep, if your opponent has insane mods on Darth Revan squad, and of course all maxed out, especially in 3v3 mode you’re basically dead in the water if they put in defense front wall.
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    So unfortunately I really don’t see things getting better anytime soon in regards to GA matchmaking, of course some players will get pretty even matched opponents, just like some players get a 10M credit heist or 330 shard drop from packs.
  • Potentially seeing another issue with auto deploy. It seems that auto deploy only works if you set zero defenses. So if someone just sets one defense the rest will not auto deploy, so the problem is really only half fixed. Just throwing this out there. Not complaining or anything just pointing it out.
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Potentially seeing another issue with auto deploy. It seems that auto deploy only works if you set zero defenses. So if someone just sets one defense the rest will not auto deploy, so the problem is really only half fixed. Just throwing this out there. Not complaining or anything just pointing it out.

    Aye, some of the advocates for not setting a defense have already said that they will continue to put a lone Ugnaut or such as their defense, therefore rendering the auto deploy non functional.

    Oh well, different strokes for different folks
  • Rath_Tarr
    3911 posts Member
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Potentially seeing another issue with auto deploy. It seems that auto deploy only works if you set zero defenses. So if someone just sets one defense the rest will not auto deploy, so the problem is really only half fixed. Just throwing this out there. Not complaining or anything just pointing it out.

    Aye, some of the advocates for not setting a defense have already said that they will continue to put a lone Ugnaut or such as their defense, therefore rendering the auto deploy non functional.

    Oh well, different strokes for different folks
    Would only take a few more clicks to set pre-defined trash squads.
  • Gannon
    1504 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Potentially seeing another issue with auto deploy. It seems that auto deploy only works if you set zero defenses. So if someone just sets one defense the rest will not auto deploy, so the problem is really only half fixed. Just throwing this out there. Not complaining or anything just pointing it out.

    Aye, some of the advocates for not setting a defense have already said that they will continue to put a lone Ugnaut or such as their defense, therefore rendering the auto deploy non functional.

    Oh well, different strokes for different folks
    Would only take a few more clicks to set pre-defined trash squads.

    Yea they're so salty that they do it to be spiteful.
  • Slaveen
    478 posts Member
    So because I got shorted a Zeta’ed toon for this GA (Finn... player lock occurred before I had a chance to place my refunded Zeta), can I have a free Zeta Mat due to it costing me the top spot on the leaderboard?
  • Deschutes
    72 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They closely match players GP sure. Absolutely ZERO consideration for time invested though. If a player started when he game did, by default, they WILL BE at a disadvantage matched against someone who’s only played for a year. Because some beginning toons made the endless waves of updates and nerfs, most didn’t. And any new players can just look up what toons to skip right over.

    This is just another facet on the machine designed to motivate people to spend from frustration of getting ones %*s kicked over and over.

    It also really rocks when a F2P finally gets a toon or a team dialed in and by the time it’s ready, the toon or team has been nerfed or outdated. Special thanks for that 😘
  • DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

    I dont understand the negative comments either.

    1. This is another major time sink.
    2. This puts certain people at a major disadvantage (who focus on guild stuff or raids)
    3. This will be full of bugs (you know it)
    4. This is uncalled for. (we want so many other things instead)

    You nailed it right on the head sir.
  • RebelLion wrote: »
    RebelLion wrote: »
    I have 4 zetas total. My GA opponent has 16 on his starting line defense. Super fun.

    It is the nature of the beast. Some focus on specific toons others seem to collect and even out things like myself. During the last GA my first opponent starting 4 squads of 5 on defense were all G12 squads. CLS, JKR, NS, and Traya. I have a total of 8 G12 toons in my inventory but our GP was fairly matched. FTR I did not win that match up and to be honest did not even try when what I had available.

    Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the way it should be. My gripe is the way the calculate GP in the first place if bogus, at least as far as GA is concerned. I have no G12 characters and 4 zetas in my entire line up. I have no business being matched up against another player who's starting 12 toon starting defense has 16 zetas and 8 g12 characters (including Revan). I don't care how many lower level toons I have, if our GP is in the same ballpark then the game's calculation is very poorly written.

    Thats the issue at hand is in the current game state there is no way to truly match. As mentioned before I tied the 1st match and he had 133 more GP and won the tie breaker. The 2nd rd I lost by 4 points IIRC. Both I understand why I lost. But I am 0-2 and in the 3rd rd I get matched yesterday to a Traya, JKR, CLS, and NS team all geared out with zetas. I thought I would get a better match up for being last. But nothing I can do except going forward will no longer play GA
  • Guys for the past few TWs as you send in a team the game crashes and you lose your team. Please fix
  • Rath_Tarr
    3911 posts Member
    A few observations on this first squad-only GA matched by squad GP:
    * my bracket actually looked a lot more reasonable this time; not facing opponents with 300k more usable GP was nice
    * even at the same GP there is still enough variance in roster strength to make some matches unviable; my second opponent really did not stand a chance, though he tried anyway for which I gave him kudos
    * auto-deploying contiguously from the top of a player's roster can still result in a pretty strong defense; picking random toons from the whole roster would be better I think - if you don't deploy defense in at least the first round, you really don't deserve any advantage
    * there wasn't the usual explosion of matchmaking complaint threads, just a few early on from players who were not aware of the change and thought they were mismatched and of course continuation of the ongoing debate about GA matchmaking

    A step in the right direction I think.
Sign In or Register to comment.