F2p vs P2P? (Threads merged)

Prev1345
Annastrasza
1766 posts Member
edited March 2016
Server for whales to swims around and servers for shrimpers to float.

It's not balanced when a P2P super max team comes face to face with f2p.

We can keep buying card packs to level and gear up toons like the whales.

Put us on different servers.
Let whales fight each other.

Anyone who says no is a giant whale who torments the shrimp and bacteria
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    No. In before lock.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    No. In before lock.
    You must be a whale who love to torment little shrimps.

• ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I agree witty this so much.Its not fun facing a full 7* GW team...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Think what you must. Whatever floats your boat. (I'm enjoying this nautical theme).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Lol - I'm a guppy, and fully understand why the idea makes no sense. The whales pay for the advantage they have over the F2P, guppies and even dolphins. To make them all simply face each other is to take away the incentive they have to spend. Sorry, no.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - I'm a guppy, and fully understand why the idea makes no sense. The whales pay for the advantage they have over the F2P, guppies and even dolphins. To make them all simply face each other is to take away the incentive they have to spend. Sorry, no.
    So the incentive is to torment the little guys by competing in the same server?

Wow whales then must be people with massive insecurity in real life.

Pretty sad situation imo.
  • Options
    Dude I paid only like $72 and use Droids the most ftp ream around and stay competitive. With me adding geo soldier it might get even better.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Actually to think about it this wouldn't be fair cause on the p2p server its totally Pay to win and that server would be just whoever dishes out more money
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Troll thread is 1/10. These types of threads go further when they're more subtle and humorous; less angsty and "I got beat". This thread fails to deliver now that you killed the ocean vibe....

In before: it's not a troll bro.
  • boy2sok
    95 posts Member
    Options
    No. Whales deserve advantages. They paid for that. P2p is the new secret password in gaming. B4, advantages unlocked by codes and milestones. Now, moneey unlocks advantages. That is the gaming evolution. Sad as it may sound but got to accept facts.
  • Options
    Um, no. It IS balanced. That is the point. You pay more, you can be "better". That IS balance. And I say this being a F2P.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    You know, real shrimp and plankton don't complain. They just exist, being what they are. They don't petition for 'shrimp' only oceans. Besides, if there isn't anything to keep the shrimps in check, the natural order and balance is ruined.

You will be devoured and you will like it.
  • Options
    DaysOfYore wrote: »
    Um, no. It IS balanced. That is the point. You pay more, you can be "better". That IS balance. And I say this being a F2P.
    Pay to get better = better gets you win against non paying customers = pay to win.

So @DaysOfYore ...I have to assume that you are ok with being mushed by maxed out p2p teams.

@Telaan - think what you must. Whatever floats your boat.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yeah, why do you think the devs will make a free game for you? What, they're supposed to beg on the streets to finance their life and the game?

Kindly explain your theory of economics on why it's feasible to build a free game. You complain so hard about whales who are spending money on the game so you can play for free, but no that's not enough. You want the devs to work for free for you too! The sense of self entitlement and importance...

Edit: before you jump in again saying you're willing to pay for packs, the business model that the whole IAP industry is adopting points to the fact that the whales are the reason for high profits>more investment in game development. P2P guys are lucky that we even get some advantage. F2P and P2W are the real reasons these games are successful.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    You know, real shrimp and plankton don't complain. They just exist, being what they are. They don't petition for 'shrimp' only oceans. Besides, if there isn't anything to keep the shrimps in check, the natural order and balance is ruined.

I am a shrimp and I am complaining.
    Pay2win ruins games.
    Case in point Diablo.

You want small fish in a big pond or big fish in a small pond?

Once we all get devoured by the whales there will be no one else left to play with.
    Keep that in mind.

• Options
    Most simple reason why this won't happen is that there is no financial incentive to keep f2p separate. The whole point is to encourage you to pay.

Not be grouped together with people not paying and slapping your backs saying "well done". The EA execs would have a stroke when they find out this happening.
  • Options

Yeah, why do you think the devs will make a free game for you? What, they're supposed to beg on the streets to finance their life and the game?

Kindly explain your theory of economics on why it's feasible to build a free game. You complain so hard about whales who are spending money on the game so you can play for free, but no that's not enough. You want the devs to work for free for you too! The sense of self entitlement and importance...
    Why bro you work for EA? You seem to be very concerned about how devs work and where money comes from?

Here is a solution from a shrimp:
    If you want to play free, all the cool stuff is gated and you have access to limited content.
    If you want to enjoy the full extent of the game pay a monthly fee of for example $9.99.

This games the game affordable to most players while keeping the corporate greed and addiction element out of it.

To satisfy the whales every so often drop some sort of collectors pack for a premium amount.

But gathering shards to level etc should be still based on a baseline method. Pumping more money should not be the criteria to max out toons.
  • Options
    I agree ONLY in making this in Galactic Wars. Not at all in Arena. Completely F2P here.

While in GW I see it quite possible and enjoyable, instead of 4xKylo, Phasma, Sid, Leia, GS/Rey 7* maxed teams in a row destroying your fun, I cant get why can this be good at all in Arena.

Something in the line of moving players to a different server when they spend enough money sounds to me incredibly elitist from you. I get it, you cant reach rank 1 and you are **** of, but the very reason why you can is those players paying for your game, so just carry on. They paid, they DESERVE advantage. Its just that simple.

On the other line, imagine that you are moved to a different server, fully F2P, once you reach rank 1. A server full of people that have been playing for 1+ month than you.... No longer sounds funny, actually sounds like a punishment. Well, thats what are asking for: Punish the people paying for your fun.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Why would they
    M9silent wrote: »

I am a shrimp and I am complaining.
    Pay2win ruins games.
    Case in point Diablo.

You want small fish in a big pond or big fish in a small pond?

Once we all get devoured by the whales there will be no one else left to play with.
    Keep that in mind.

I don't know what you are talking about. I've spent a little money on crystals but by no means am I a whale. My toons are all easy to farm and I have been in top 20 in arena less than a month from starting play. I've hit #1 often and kept it at pay out a few times. I have completed all but 3 Galatic wars from when I finally build a strong enough team and support to complete it and didn't whine that it took until I was almost level 50 to do it. At maxed level 90% of time AI defense looses in arena. It's entirely possible to do very well and even hold the "winning" spot as FTP; and what defines wining in SWGOH anyway? Is it merely to get first place ,of which I think it would be nice to get a one time reward or accomplishment even not held at payout btw.

• Options
    @Annastrasza, you do realize the irony, right? You want the whales on a different server so that you as a P2P can dominate the F2P? Where in you become the whale?

The reason I'm worried about the money the game makes is, since you can't comprehend it, money makes the world go round. If the game makes money, it gets developed better and lasts a whole lot longer. Some of us really enjoy the game and would very much like to play as long as possible.

I think instead of coming here and crying your eyes out, look at the F2P guys making no 1. F2P. No 1. Any decent player can rank in the top 20, with or without spending money. What's your rank?
  • Options
    @Annastrasza, you do realize the irony, right? You want the whales on a different server so that you as a P2P can dominate the F2P? Where in you become the whale?
    Where and when did I say I am P2P?

Proof please before you make accusations that I am P2P trying to dominate F2P.
    What's your rank?
    I rank in 300s.
  • Options
    I'm thinking there should be a P2P SWGoH forum too...
    ....thought I'd just float the idea (sticking with the nautical theme)
  • Options
    This is really a non issue. There are plenty of "F2P" builds that can win consistently against a "P2P" build. Dividing the community is not really a need at all.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    This is really a non issue. There are plenty of "F2P" builds that can win consistently against a "P2P" build. Dividing the community is not really a need at all.
    Plenty of winning builds available but getting those toons winnable do required dropping lotta cash to refresh energy and farm mats...right?

By just relying of standard free energy refresh to farm mats takes much more longer to max out toons.

That's where the disadvantage is for f2p or the advantage is for p2p
  • Shewski
    35 posts Member
    Options
    @Annastrasza

I would love that. I already beat the whales on my server so this would make my life easier! I'm a soft launcher, and I've spent $0 on the game. Just time and intelligent prioritization. TBH, I wouldn't have it any other way since dominating whales is much more satisfying.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Plenty of winning builds available but getting those toons winnable do required dropping lotta cash to refresh energy and farm mats...right?

By just relying of standard free energy refresh to farm mats takes much more longer to max out toons.

A time advantage to get things sooner is the whole point of a paid game. This is just a ludicrous idea. If you don't like the way all paid games work then by all means quit the game and find a free game with advertisements everywhere.
  • Options

Nope, it doesn't *require* cash at all it only requires time. Time is the great equalizer. :)

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    This troll thread should get closed.

Im f2p and dont want what OP says. This thread is just a way to divide ppl and cause controversy
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/18511/f2p-vs-p2p-equality#latest

A good precedent is set. This is the same kind of trolling/dividing.

Just saying. :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Every day I read an idea like this one, a youngling dies.

You don't want to let the younglings die now will you?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting