I regret dropping cash for DR now!!!!!

Prev1
Ok CG good job.
I didn't farmed any charter for Jedi Knight Revan, so I dont even had any toon unlocked for that event.
I farmed everything to get Darth Revan, dropped a lot of cash to get him first round.
AND now you boost JKR team with the new Bastila unique.
Oh and the charter (Malak) which potentially will make DR teams better, requires both Jedi and Sith Revan.
I'm really disappointed with this decision.

Replies

• zegene
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Ok
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    DR walks over JKR now, will walk over him after the Bastila buff as well.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Your life is cool man
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ouch... Are you a newer player? Dang if Malak rolls back around before the next JKR you will be out of luck again. Then you might get him the 3rd time he comes back. Unless they do JKR journey before he returns. It would be really expensive to get them all to 7* for his journey this month. Good luck.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    JKR ran twice. Not sure how you missed him on the second pass
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    You're still going to dominate Grand Arena. Cheer up.

No fluff at all in your roster.

But why take rose to level 40?
    Ultra wrote: »
    JKR ran twice. Not sure how you missed him on the second pass

Because he never farmed them. 1.2 gp with Darth Revan.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/167831135/

• Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Remember this is the same guy who thinks Arena chats are dishonorable because his team is so good. The game will always be changing. Nobody can buy one char and rule the top forever.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Hikari wrote: »
    Remember this is the same guy who thinks Arena chats are dishonorable because his team is so good. The game will always be changing. Nobody can buy one char and rule the top forever.

How is this related to the topic at hand?

Shows your intent and perspective. Everyone is on the same playing field. Why do we need to know that you regret spending. Sorry I do not have sympathy because you spent money lots of people spend to support the game.

What is the purpose of this thread other than to try and start a flame war on spending. You did not need to start a new tread on it and it should be merged in the Star-forge mega thread.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Probably they make Bastila better so people would be more forced to get Malak. Reworked Bastila will make Jedi Revan team harder to beat; so maybe Darth Revan current lineups dont work so well. So ... wait and see. This makes the game more stressful than fun to me.
  • Options
    I understand the complaint but the odds that someone in your arena having malak is like next to zero.
  • Options
    "I spend money to get something in return, and not to be nerfed next week or so. Directly or indirectly. When I spend I know for what I spend. If changes are made it totally changes my investment too"

You got Darth Revan. Period. You weren't spending to get Malak. If you are a big spender then guess what? Next item is up for sale. Are you out of money? I'm good.. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/characters/ guess I won't be whaling anything :P See ya with my Darth malak next week :)
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I volunteered to get DR, which was my choice alone. Once you take ownership of your decisions, then the decisions EA makes will never be disappointing.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    You probably should regret not getting Jedi Knight Revan twice. The first time I get it, but after seeing how absurdly powerful and meta he was, why wouldn't you farmed the crap out of the KOTOR needed to unlock him for the 2nd time.

You should also regret creating this post.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    As I aimed before, when JKR dropped I knew eventually Darth revan will come too. And I focused on that.

The word “focused” is misleading. You actually mean you “spent” on that. There are players who didn’t spend on either and will be getting anyway - that is called focus.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i wouldn't regret it if i were you, atleast not just because you can't unlock malak. I get that it sucks, but it is what it is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Darth Revan was the first and only time I will spend on this game. I spent $170 to unlock the characters for him since he was by far my most wanted character when I started to play this game. I have been putting everything i could into leveling him and the rest of the sith empire team up so I can use them in arena and now it seems like the missing piece for that team is coming out and I am going to be just short. I have 4/5 on each team at 17,500 but I am to far off on the other 2 to have any chance. This really sucks.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    That's part of the weirdness/shortsightedness about this: By giving such little notice and making the event so brief, they are preventing more than a few would-be whales from giving them money to be able to participate.

One wonders what the thinking (if any) behind such a business-decision might be.
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Darth Revan was the first and only time I will spend on this game. I spent $170 to unlock the characters for him since he was by far my most wanted character when I started to play this game. I have been putting everything i could into leveling him and the rest of the sith empire team up so I can use them in arena and now it seems like the missing piece for that team is coming out and I am going to be just short. I have 4/5 on each team at 17,500 but I am to far off on the other 2 to have any chance. This really sucks.

The 17,500 requirement is wrong, simply because it's not only dependent on Gear but also on Omegas and Zetas that are impossible to whale out.
    So unless you have a good amount of those in stock (which I doubt most people have due the increasing difficulty of events and amount of new good characters to gear up), you are screwed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    That's part of the weirdness/shortsightedness about this: By giving such little notice and making the event so brief, they are preventing more than a few would-be whales from giving them money to be able to participate.

One wonders what the thinking (if any) behind such a business-decision might be.

People pay for exclusivity. More people are willing to pay more for that, then just another toon.

Not every decision, even the ones based on $$, is about making it a windfall of new heights. The smart play is to use different business strategies to bring in money from different sources. Diversify the income sources. This may seem like a limited group, but this may also be a group that plays it close to the chest and doesn't always spend for this kind of toon.
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

The 17,500 requirement is wrong, simply because it's not only dependent on Gear but also on Omegas and Zetas that are impossible to whale out.
    So unless you have a good amount of those in stock (which I doubt most people have due the increasing difficulty of events and amount of new good characters to gear up), you are screwed.

yeah making it depend on things you cant buy like zetas makes no sense to me. I desperately want Malak but my only option would be to get their gp with gear but a lot of gear isnt even always available, plus we are limited in how much when can buy when it is available. This is such an odd paywall for them to do.
  • Options

How is this related to the topic at hand?

Shows your intent and perspective. Everyone is on the same playing field. Why do we need to know that you regret spending. Sorry I do not have sympathy because you spent money lots of people spend to support the game.

What is the purpose of this thread other than to try and start a flame war on spending. You did not need to start a new tread on it and it should be merged in the Star-forge mega thread.

If spending money on a game is to support them they would name it DONATION.
    I spend money to get something in return, and not to be nerfed next week or so. Directly or indirectly. When I spend I know for what I spend. If changes are made it totally changes my investment too.

Except that nothing changed. You still have Darth Revan. You got what you paid for. Where is the evidence that your investment has been nerfed directly or indirectly? When you can show that then maybe you have something. Till then this is nothing but buyers regret for....wait for it....something else that has come along. You paid for Darth Revan. Not Malak. So carry your woe is me perspective to a galaxy far, far away because I doubt you will find much sympathy for your plight here.

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065