The Road Ahead: 4/10/19 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Carrie,

Are the DS and LS versions of Geonosis coming concurrently, or one at a time?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for the QnA. Here's a heads up. I'm asking you about how you can possibly think my investment into DR was being respected when you quickly added special gear for him that I had to farm/buy and then two weeks later added a character I'd have to whale on to actually make the team function properly. All what you did is fine... As long as we know what we are buying when we go into it. You kept every step a secret hoping to squeeze more and more money out of your players who had already invested into DR. Thats predatory. Think about how you are going to respond to this question, cause I promise that it'll be one of the first ones that pops up in the QnA.
  • Options
    CC-2224 “Cody”
    Order 66 (Special)
    Cooldown-66

This ability starts on cooldown. Instantly defeat all enemy and allied Jedi. Jedi defeated this way cannot be revived.
    Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 whenever a Clone assists.

😇
  • Options
    I want more characters, but only released to me first, and not to anyone else because I need to be better than the people who pay to play this game and it isn't fair that you release the characters as marquees but I'm also unhappy that you aren't releasing enough characters by marquees anymore because there is no diversity any more in the meta and I really begged for Revan to come into the game but now I'm sick of him and I want to get rid of him and don't want to have any more KOTOR stuff that I begged for the last few years and this game really sucks because Ima Gun Di hasn't been updated in like forever, and we need better Clone Wars content because the current KOTOR meta that I begged for is really boring.

I want a new territory battle map but I can't believe it will only be available once a month because you also have to do the old territory battles and I want those maps retired but not too quickly because I really need to still get a lot of the rewards from the old maps and I'm going to be really angry and quit again if you get rid of the old maps too quickly before I can get all of the achievements.

I want new ways to play the game against other players but the grand arena championship is really stupid because it will take too long. You should come out with a game play mode where I get to choose who I want to fight because otherwise it isn't fun or fair that I don't win every round but don't make it too easy to win every round or it is going to be really boring and I'm going to quit again and I don't like that you count mods in galactic power when I mod really bad characters like Ima Gun Di who really need to be reworked and I know I can just take the mods off of him because I don't use him but that is too hard to do because mod changing is really hard because I asked for mod management but it isn't good enough because I can't just wave my hands and all of the mods go exactly where I want them and I don't understand how you can't listen to the fan base and just make mod management like waving your hands around which should be really easy to do because even though I'm not a computer programmer I have an iPhone and if you talk to it it does stuff so you should be able to do that in this game too.

I really wanted you to do road ahead posts on a timely basis but not the road ahead you just posted because it didn't have what I wanted in it and I don't understand how you say you could be listening to your fan base if I didn't get what I wanted because I'm the biggest fan who has been playing since 2013, even though the game wasn't out yet, and then I quit in 2016, 2017 and 2018, but only for the evening because I really didn't quit and just said I was quitting because if I say I'm quitting maybe you'll do really good things like fix Ima Gun Di and then I don't have to say I'm quitting anymore because I really won't quit because I play the game every day for hours at a time but you don't know that and sometimes I post under different names because if more people say they will quit you'll change the game and make it free to play and update only the characters and events that I say you should update so I'll be better than my shard mates who cheat anyway and were able to get JKR with one star characters even though all the characters were released at 3 stars. I deserve my money back because of that, even though I just said I was free to play, I just spend a few hundred dollars a month, and not on anything important anyway, and I should really get my money back anyway which would make me technically free to play, sort of retroactively.

Back to the road ahead, I'm really disappointed that you didn't lay out every change you are doing for the next 5 years but you won't have five years because everyone is quitting because you made that Revan event so hard for me, and if I can't do it then nobody can do it and so the game is just going to crash and burn because I'm going to quit. And you said you are going to refund everyone their zetas for every rework even though you didn't say that, I sort of believe that's what you meant but that isn't enough I also want all of the other materials returned to me. And the road ahead needs to be done every month and I need enough notice to play every game mode because I want every character the first week it comes out but don't want it to be possible for other people to get the characters because I need to place first in Arena because I need the crystals because I'm free to play and you won't refeund the crystals I used to buy Old Daka's zeta three years ago even though it only came out a year ago.

The puzzle you just put out on Malak was so lame because I knew before you even put out the puzzle that the answer was going to be Malak because I saw that at the end of the Darth Revan event even though I said I couldn't get him last time because I didn't have all of my characters 7* I really did see it because I actually accidentally spent $300 to upgrade each character so I could get Darth Revan who isn't good enough to beat Jedi Revan in 30 seconds which I would then have to complain about because Darth Revan would be the meta and everyone would have him and no meta diversity is really bad. I don't actually need to theory craft because even before I see the kit I know what the character is going to be able to do and after I see the kit I really know it, even if i don't actually know it, I tell you I know it and I know it isn't going to be good enough to beat Jedi Revan, and it sucks that you redid HK-47 because it made Greivous useless and the rest of the droid faction might as well just be erased from the game.

And if you don't update Ima Gun Di, I'm quitting because he was obviously the most important character in the entire SW Universe even though he was only in one scene in one movie and most people missed him but he is really important and impacted the entire universe and if he doesn't have synergy with Mace Windu then the whole game is just wack.

I really hate when people complain on these boards.

Crumb, is that you?
  • Options
    Perdogie wrote: »
    CC-2224 “Cody”
    Order 66 (Special)
    Cooldown-66

This ability starts on cooldown. Instantly defeat all enemy and allied Jedi. Jedi defeated this way cannot be revived.
    Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 whenever a Clone assists.

😇

Except GK if he is on the opposing team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I have to admit - if even half of this actually gets done, I will be pleased.

I like the idea of a new TB format. I actually enjoy TB as it is another way (apart from GA) to use your complete roster.

I also am very pleased with the idea of a "more balanced" meta moving forward. On this point though, I have concerns. First, the comments come on the heels of one of the most single character dominant metas this game has seen in it's 3+ year of existence and second, just prior to the release of Mal, whose kit seems set to make DR simply repeat the past 3+ months of Revan dominated meta - only dark side.

I do like the various methods being used to release new ships and characters as well.

And the idea of more frequent communication...well, while always welcome, has been a promise made, quite literally, for years.

Extremely cautious optimism is how I view this one. If Mal re-breaks arena or the Q&A happens and then we're back to weeks and months of radio silence, I guess I'll know whether this was "real" or simply hollow promises.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Can't wait for TCW content! And since Solo 1 year anniversary is May, thank you for Beckett! ;)

IMHO:

Needs: Gregor, Wulff, KiAdiMundi, Quinlan Vos. Not sure what the Geo TB map would be, but the cave where Ki-Adi went all crazy on the bugs while he was half dead would be a nice addition. "Landing at Point Rain" is the episode. And "Missing in Action" for Gregor... ;) Kill for Krell and an Umbara battle stage:

I know y'all got it. Whatever you do I am stoked!

Sounds like kotor part 2 (no idea who any of them are).

no, no, it's canon

Who’s he then? Guy with a big gun?

If you don't know who Ki-Adi-Mundi is you probably shouldn't be playing this game.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ki-Adi Mundi should be released in Wicket / MT style event called “The droid attack on Wookiee”
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    Can't wait for TCW content! And since Solo 1 year anniversary is May, thank you for Beckett! ;)

IMHO:

Needs: Gregor, Wulff, KiAdiMundi, Quinlan Vos. Not sure what the Geo TB map would be, but the cave where Ki-Adi went all crazy on the bugs while he was half dead would be a nice addition. "Landing at Point Rain" is the episode. And "Missing in Action" for Gregor... ;) Kill for Krell and an Umbara battle stage:

no, no, it's canon

If you don't know who Ki-Adi-Mundi is you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

While I agree that Ki-Adi-Mundi is a baller.... that's a bit elitist of you to say, don't you think?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

IMHO:

@Lichbane then get on Netflix and Watch Landing at Point Rain, Darkness on Umbara (and next 2episodes), and Missing in Action (and previous 2 episodes if you want).

Might as well throw in Bounty Hunters and Supply Lines while you are at it.

The first season of Clone Wars is a just a warm up. It gets good after that.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

While I agree that Ki-Adi-Mundi is a baller.... that's a bit elitist of you to say, don't you think?

Not really. If he was a character not found in the original 8(soon to be 9) movies he might have a point. He'd really have a point if the character was from movie 4,5,6
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    One last thing before we move on to Clone Wars.

While you guys are still messing around in the KOTOR game files - could you please find a sound file for Zaalbar's roar? He the only wookie without one. Will be needed when we get wookie TW bonuses. ;)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

Not really. If he was a character not found in the original 8(soon to be 9) movies he might have a point. He'd really have a point if the character was from movie 4,5,6

So you expect casual SW fans who liked the movies to know the names of Bossk, Kit Fisto, Logray? Most of these characters (like Ki Adi Mundi) never have their names ever mentioned in the films.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea who Ki Adi Mundi is and I don't care. But I'm very excited that the Geonosis TB will likely mean we get Padme, finally!

Ki Adi Mundi? More like Ki Adi Who Cares.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

So you expect casual SW fans who liked the movies to know the names of Bossk, Kit Fisto, Logray? Most of these characters (like Ki Adi Mundi) never have their names ever mentioned in the films.

Yes was that not obvious? I thought I made that obvious
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ignoring ships is getting ridiculous.

Saying it for 1,000,001th time... I dont' care how bad things get around here if you just gave us something to do with the stinking things
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

Ok, just making sure. Thanks for clarifying. No wonder the SW fan base gets such a bad rep.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

Ok, just making sure. Thanks for clarifying. No wonder the SW fan base gets such a bad rep.
    Eh. Just ignore them. They're the folks that back in the day would complain that Rock Band and Guitar Hero were garbage compared to a real guitar or drum set, and meanwhile we'd all be in the front room having a fun time with our little plastic instruments.

They used to be the "Stop Having Fun Guys" guys, but that xkcd comic might legit be so old that no one remembers it any more :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ignoring ships is getting ridiculous.

Saying it for 1,000,001th time... I dont' care how bad things get around here if you just gave us something to do with the stinking things

If this isn’t the truth! We desperately need a new cap ship, GG, Admiral Trench, Dooku, anybody at this point....and a ship raid. Need something to do with these ships.

On a side note, I always wondered why ships arena is max 400 crystals compared to 500 in squad arena. Ship required more resources to be competitive but produce less rewards....doesn’t make sense.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG what about legacy era like Mara Jade? Video game characters like Kyle Katarn?

Also, as much as I love KOTOR era, I think we need a break for an entire year or more from this era

Good to see my boy JKA getting a rework and synergy with GK and Ahsoka. Lackluster road ahead since the new TB is in the following quarter.

And you guys didn't really go into Mythic Battles

No Quality of Life suggestion either

Basically nothing interesting in the next 3 months

^this
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ki-Adi Mundi should be released in Wicket / MT style event called “The droid attack on Wookiee”

I proposed an event similar to that on Reddit, but it was "What about the Clone Attack on Ki-Adi-Mundi?" You would have a team of 5 Wookiees needed to rescue Mundi from the Clones. He is the Wookiee leader that this game needs!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Starting off, we’re going to be doing reworks of the trio of master duelists from the Jedi Order, Anakin Skywalker, General Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano. General Kenobi, for example, is already one the most used characters in our game and so we will most likely focus on changes related to synergies with the other two rather than pure power, as we did with the recent changes to Bastila Shan (Fallen), but the intent is for the three characters together to synergize and elevate the value of each other. We will have more to share with their kit reveals in the upcoming weeks. We’re going to be playing around in this era for quite awhile so expect to see more old and new characters from this era to come front and center.

This scares me. GK is one of the most used and strongest tanks in game. This synergy sounds like a nerf. Why? If JKA ans Ahsoka must be present and the focus is NOT on power they are going to just waste squad slots. This really worries me for Bastila squads. I think a new Jedi tank is coming and you want to make GK less desireable. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE OR LEAVE GK ALONE. Long time players are already talking about quitting. Don't let this be the final push.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Starting off, we’re going to be doing reworks of the trio of master duelists from the Jedi Order, Anakin Skywalker, General Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano. General Kenobi, for example, is already one the most used characters in our game and so we will most likely focus on changes related to synergies with the other two rather than pure power, as we did with the recent changes to Bastila Shan (Fallen), but the intent is for the three characters together to synergize and elevate the value of each other. We will have more to share with their kit reveals in the upcoming weeks. We’re going to be playing around in this era for quite awhile so expect to see more old and new characters from this era to come front and center.

This scares me. GK is one of the most used and strongest tanks in game. This synergy sounds like a nerf. Why? If JKA ans Ahsoka must be present and the focus is NOT on power they are going to just waste squad slots. This really worries me for Bastila squads. I think a new Jedi tank is coming and you want to make GK less desireable. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE OR LEAVE GK ALONE.

I read this differently. I understood this as being they'll basically keep him as-is, but then add synergy with Anakin and Ahsoka. Unless they're removing anything from his current kit, I don't think it'll have a negative effect on the Revan/Bastila squad.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I have no idea who Ki Adi Mundi is and I don't care. But I'm very excited that the Geonosis TB will likely mean we get Padme, finally!

Ki Adi Mundi? More like Ki Adi Who Cares.

bcvpz8w.gif
  • Options

This scares me. GK is one of the most used and strongest tanks in game. This synergy sounds like a nerf. Why? If JKA ans Ahsoka must be present and the focus is NOT on power they are going to just waste squad slots. This really worries me for Bastila squads. I think a new Jedi tank is coming and you want to make GK less desireable. PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE OR LEAVE GK ALONE. Long time players are already talking about quitting. Don't let this be the final push.

I think they'll probably do what they did with Nihilus. They left his kit alone, but added one clause at the end of his unique that gave him synergy with Sion and Traya, so I don't think it'll affect Bastila or JKR teams.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Drageero wrote: »

I think they'll probably do what they did with Nihilus. They left his kit alone, but added one clause at the end of his unique that gave him synergy with Sion and Traya, so I don't think it'll affect Bastila or JKR teams.

Possible. Other Option: See HK rework.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I hope you're right but I won't hold my breath. A JKA rework would be good AS A STAND ALONE. He is a joke now and that is a slap in the face of canon. But I wouldn't put it past them to have a Clone Wars General Skywalker in the works as a new tank like Baze, bullet bag, That can attack well etc. And Ahsoka walked away from the Jedi Order. Why invest time in a short lived trio? As I understand it, the new Clone Wars is to wrap up, and only one season if even.
  • Options
    I hope you're right but I won't hold my breath. A JKA rework would be good AS A STAND ALONE. He is a joke now and that is a slap in the face of canon. But I wouldn't put it past them to have a Clone Wars General Skywalker in the works as a new tank like Baze, bullet bag, That can attack well etc. And Ahsoka walked away from the Jedi Order. Why invest time in a short lived trio? As I understand it, the new Clone Wars is to wrap up, and only one season if even.

He's not that bad. I use him in GA with Bastila Ahsoka Hermit Barriss and they do pretty well. They are all g12, though.
  • Options
    Mythic battles sound nuts. Should be fun. Reworks sound good. They'll need to expand that to more and probably will. Mace, Clones...etc.

New TB should be fun.