I’m afraid to gear Jedi Knight Anakin

Prev1
So I’m watching all these videos where JKA now just completely destroys Darth Revan/Malak teams and I want to gear up Anakin, but with everything that has happened lately I’m afraid he’s going to get nerfed. The situation we’re in is absolutely asinine. Either they don’t nerf him and everyone who paid the big bucks for Malak is going to be angry or they do nerf him and everyone who just geared him up will be angry.

I can’t believe we’re in this situation. We went from a JKR meta to a Malak meta for like a week, and now it looks like it’s swinging back to a JKR meta already. What the heck was the point in getting Malak??? Would be really nice if the devs could come out and say right away if JKA is working as intended or if he’s going to get neutered like Palpatine was.

Replies

• Options
    You are wise to be cautious.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Youtuber said he has a win rate of 80% with JKA.

Many forum goers say their darth revans can still take out JKR with Anakin within a minute.

• Options
    I’d say it’s working as intended. Offense and defense have always varied on ladder. Looks like the rock, paper, scissors format is stabilizing.
  • Options
    You are wise to be cautious.

You and me both.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Got to gear him to 12 to complete jedi quest so unless you are planning on never completing that quest your gonna gear him sometime in the future why not now?
  • Options
    Lasod wrote: »
    Got to gear him to 12 to complete jedi quest so unless you are planning on never completing that quest your gonna gear him sometime in the future why not now?

Completely forgot about that. :open_mouth:cries out like Luke Noooooo! lol :joy:
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    The test accounts all have him fully geared and 6* all his mods. Unless you can just drop all that on him in the next week it shouldn't matter. You need to gear him for quests anyway.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    The test accounts all have him fully geared and 6* all his mods. Unless you can just drop all that on him in the next week it shouldn't matter. You need to gear him for quests anyway.

Or for the new Geonosis TB map... ;)
  • Options
    I geared him already (12 but not 12+) for the Jedi Knight title (which I may finally get, now that I am finally making slow process towards Kenobi).

Nice! Congrats! :smiley:
  • Options
    I doubt they will nerf him. It seems most of the videos i have seen are maxed out full gear 12 Plus gear and 6 dot mods in a team with the same geared and modded to the max as well. I will wait for someone to post a Live account test of JKA and then i will decide to gear and mod him good.
  • Options
    I geared him already (12 but not 12+) for the Jedi Knight title (which I may finally get, now that I am finally making slow process towards Kenobi).

Congrats! Kenobi was a big roadblock for me, too, but I overcame it and I suck. You’ll get over it much faster!

You eventually need 5 g12s (for the Jedi Master title, Jedi Knight takes less) so it’s a good idea to start gearing your Old Ben (who you need for the next stage of the quest) and Qui-Gon who you’ll need later on.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Congrats! Kenobi was a big roadblock for me, too, but I overcame it and I suck. You’ll get over it much faster!

You eventually need 5 g12s (for the Jedi Master title, Jedi Knight takes less) so it’s a good idea to start gearing your Old Ben (who you need for the next stage of the quest) and Qui-Gon who you’ll need later on.

Yeah gearing GK was painful but worth it... oh so worth it. :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Shoot. I forgot to make the point I actually wanted to make, which is that the OP should gear Anakin to g12 because he’s good. Not great. But a solid character that can be used in good teams outside arena. If he keeps destroying Malak then great. That’s a bonus.

What, you’re not ever going to gear anyone else again?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Shoot. I forgot to make the point I actually wanted to make, which is that the OP should gear Anakin to g12 because he’s good. Not great. But a solid character that can be used in good teams outside arena. If he keeps destroying Malak then great. That’s a bonus.

What, you’re not ever going to gear anyone else again?

I'm gonna wait for now. Gonna take Snips to higher gear. But those stun cuffs are what's causing me to hold off for now on Ani. My GK is already Gold Gear 12 though luckily. So that's good. ;)
  • Options
    There are other characters I’d rather gear first if they are just going to nerf him. Sure I’ll eventually gear him but if he’s getting nerfed I don’t see any reason to put him at the top of my gear priority list.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see a nerf coming because honestly he is just not that meta shaking
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    I’m rocking 4356 offense and 65% cc with a 100% win rate agaisnt DSR.

Sometimes I wonder if these people even understand their own game. It’s comical how clueless they are.
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I dont see a nerf coming because honestly he is just not that meta shaking

Neither do I. Mine does not lay down the MDK like so many here are claiming. Maybe my mods are not good enough but ... just not seeing a meta shift here.
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »

Sometimes I wonder if these people even understand their own game. It’s comical how clueless they are.

This. I’m glad they made him stronger but he’s over the top now. IMO they should leave him like he his but improve the DR AI on defense a bit. Right now the AI is unbelievably bad vs JKR teams with JKA in it. If they improved the AI they wouldn’t need to change JKA.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Agreed. Just make them focus down aoe attackers and we will be good again.

Edit: make
    Post edited by Blackbeardpepe on
  • Options
    Agreed. Just made them focus down aoe attackers and we will be good again.

This, please.
  • Options
    I'd say take the risk for his ship alone. It's a great ship. Who knows in which direction the fleet meta may shift. And even if you never use it in fleet arena, it might be useful in a second fleet for GA.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »

This. I’m glad they made him stronger but he’s over the top now. IMO they should leave him like he his but improve the DR AI on defense a bit. Right now the AI is unbelievably bad vs JKR teams with JKA in it. If they improved the AI they wouldn’t need to change JKA.

He only does ridiculous damage when all the right stars align (one of his allies has dropped below 50% health or died and he has Bastila's buffs and/or Hoda's Master's Training).
  • Options
    This makes complete sense though when you think about it. A Jedi assassination team against Jedi worth needing an assassination team.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Waiting a little bit instead of immediately jumping on the hype train is pretty much always a good idea.
  • Options
    It should be nerfed.
    In the Wedge lead meta period, AI was very bad against JKA. Simply cheap battle.
    On full auto.
    https://youtu.be/HajtB7fbV3w
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    So I’m watching all these videos where JKA now just completely destroys Darth Revan/Malak teams and I want to gear up Anakin, but with everything that has happened lately I’m afraid he’s going to get nerfed. The situation we’re in is absolutely asinine. Either they don’t nerf him and everyone who paid the big bucks for Malak is going to be angry or they do nerf him and everyone who just geared him up will be angry.

I can’t believe we’re in this situation. We went from a JKR meta to a Malak meta for like a week, and now it looks like it’s swinging back to a JKR meta already. What the heck was the point in getting Malak??? Would be really nice if the devs could come out and say right away if JKA is working as intended or if he’s going to get neutered like Palpatine was.

They only changed Malak. They did nothing to EP.

If what you're wondering is if they will change Malak again and this is the only reason for gearing up anakin then wait a few hours for the walking out the door for the weekend post from them.