Phase 1 theory

Could ackbar/cls lead with just 3po and bb8 remove enough turn meter to keep a chain going? Lets say ackbar dies off and bb8 and 3po are left. 3po will keep using his basic and bb8 his special so they dont give nihilus tenacity. Will that remove enough tm to do anything interesting?

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    His tenacity is too high. The only reason that strategy works in Pit and HAAT is because you can inflict Tenacity Down from CLS. You'd have to sacrifice alot of decent mods to get a mountain of potency on CLS. Even then, Nihilus builds tenacity in between his turns when he's damaged so he'd quickly outpace your CLS.
  • No cls was a leadership option. Nihilus wouldnt have any tenacity because nothing would hit him
  • BB8 doesn’t have TM removal on his moves, that comes as part of the JTR lead?

If you’re thinking BB8 would call either CLS or C3PO to remove TM, both of those are resistable so after a couple of hits they probably wouldn’t land.

Both JTR’s lead and special TM removal are unresistable, which is part of the reason why she’s the standard for p1.
  • Additionally you could put in Hoda with the ackbar lead and get additional assists from 3po. Heres the team im think of: ackbar L (dies off very quickly), 3po, hoda, bb8.
  • Addendum - Theoretically if you had just Ackbar, BB8 and C3PO, and let Ackbar die. You could probably create an infinite loop without causing any damage.
  • fletchmars wrote: »
    Additionally you could put in Hoda with the ackbar lead and get additional assists from 3po. Heres the team im think of: ackbar L (dies off very quickly), 3po, hoda, bb8.

What’s the point? There’s no damage there. Just because?
  • You don’t understand. Nothing will be hitting nihilus.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    If you hit him, he stacks tenacity and speed, if you don't, no damage, no score. Classic no-win situation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The expose would stack up then you could use bb8 basic
  • Just curious if you think itd work at all
  • fletchmars wrote: »
    The expose would stack up then you could use bb8 basic

You’d need to stack, what, like 5000 exposes? And you won’t be able to do it on auto because both C3PO and Hoda will call mass assists.
  • True i just thought of it and got all excited
  • The theory seems sound I suppose. The execution would be problematic/tedious. I think the juice just ain’t worth the squeezing.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Let's round up DN's health (heroic) to ~48mio. Expose deals 0.01% of the bosses max HP as dmg. Even if it was possible to create a loop, you'd need to apply 10.000 exposes on him...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg