Ads as a source of revenue?

Ive been playing Temple Run a lot recently and whenever I get a good run in the game will offer a free revive if I watch a 30 second ad, or double my coins for a 30 second ad. Has something like this been discussed for galaxy of heroes? I have no desire to watch constant ads (like YouTube), but if they offered me 20 crystals, 5 BSF shards, or 5 carbantis to watch a 30 second ad I would take that in a heartbeat

It’s been clear to me from the forums, Reddit, and discord that game sentiment is at a low point due to the current monetization model. The sandbox game style that made this game so much fun is pretty much destroyed at this point because their monetization model consists of selling characters like Malak and making them broken OP.

Offering in game ads to watch in return for a small hand out could be a way to add an extra source of revenue to the game that will make revenue less dependent on broken OP character releases and unfun events. This could allow them to do a better job of balancing the game to return it back to the sandbox mode style of play, make it fun again, and protect everybody’s investments by making the game more sustainable. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    The only thing that keeps me away from all mobile games except this one is the plague of ads to play a game. Spamming my eyeballs with stuff I don’t want so I can get 50 crystals is a ridiculous idea in my opinion. We are lucky we get to enjoy an ad free game, why would we go and ruin that willingly?
  • Options
    Ive been playing Temple Run a lot recently and whenever I get a good run in the game will offer a free revive if I watch a 30 second ad, or double my coins for a 30 second ad. Has something like this been discussed for galaxy of heroes? I have no desire to watch constant ads (like YouTube), but if they offered me 20 crystals, 5 BSF shards, or 5 carbantis to watch a 30 second ad I would take that in a heartbeat

It’s been clear to me from the forums, Reddit, and discord that game sentiment is at a low point due to the current monetization model. The sandbox game style that made this game so much fun is pretty much destroyed at this point because their monetization model consists of selling characters like Malak and making them broken OP.

Offering in game ads to watch in return for a small hand out could be a way to add an extra source of revenue to the game that will make revenue less dependent on broken OP character releases and unfun events. This could allow them to do a better job of balancing the game to return it back to the sandbox mode style of play, make it fun again, and protect everybody’s investments by making the game more sustainable. Any thoughts?

Delete your post and lie down before you hurt yourself
  • Options
    You want ads while you play? Turn the tv on in the background. Ads would drive people away.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Ragnorak wrote: »

Delete your post and lie down before you hurt yourself

Thanks for the lol
  • Options
    JRuibal wrote: »
    The only thing that keeps me away from all mobile games except this one is the plague of ads to play a game. Spamming my eyeballs with stuff I don’t want so I can get 50 crystals is a ridiculous idea in my opinion. We are lucky we get to enjoy an ad free game, why would we go and ruin that willingly?

Then don’t watch the ad if you don’t want to. I’d gladly watch something for 50 crystals though

I’d love to see ads because we’re being charged $300 minimum for new characters to keep the game going. I’d rather a chunk of the revenue that drives the game come from a source other than the playerbase
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JRuibal wrote: »

Then don’t watch the ad if you don’t want to. I’d gladly watch something for 50 crystals though

By the same logic, go play a game then that lets you watch as many ads as you want, if that's what pleases you.
    The longer swgoh stays free of that junk, the better.
  • Options
    Yea no i can see it now in the middle of ur arena/fleet/ga/tw match a 2 min add
  • Options
    Oh dear god please no.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh dear god please no.

There is no reason to bring c3po into this, but yeah that's a no from me too.
  • Options
    In the words of Darth Vader:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!