Padme Kit Preview

Replies

• Durango
    113 posts Member
    Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Will buff immunity be a good counter?
    How would you apply buff immunity when the team is virtually immune to debuff 90% of the time?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Don't really care about the implications of her kit...because I'm majorly **** with this new inclination of gear for every character worth meta. All her late tiers are only made of the most scarce gear while merely the shop/farm only new gear is worth 8.4k crystals. This is the new secret cost they introduced. I feel pretty close to just going away from this game...
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have her, but zeta Barris is useless under a Padme lead.
  • Options
    It’s Overreaction Tuesday I see. Relax people.

#1 only Padme is immune to fear... not the whole team. That’s completely reasonable.

#2 while that new gear is currently behind a major paywall... it’s behind a paywall for everyone... not just you.

#3 eventually CG will introduce an event/content to get the new paywall gear as a reward without emptying your bank account. Book it! (Raid, TB Map, GA brackets, etc.)
  • Options
    Shes fast...
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    It’s Overreaction Tuesday I see.

I once believed that Everyday is Like Sunday, but have come to learn in my advancing years that Everyday is Like Overreaction Tuesday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KnightofRen
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb - if Padme goes first and uses cunning plan and then Darth Revan goes next and uses Insanity... will his fear land on all other GR allies other than Padme, or will everyone resist fear? What wins, the resists all debuffs with protection up, or Darth revan’s irresistible fear?
  • DarthBrobdignagian
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    Last big thing - inflicts fear
    Next big thing - immune to fear, gives courage
    Next big thing - monkeys with courage and gets stacks of...let's say pancakes.
    Next big thing - eats those pancakes

Do they even try anymore?

Any character with an attack mechanic called eat those pancakes is a welcome addition to the game imho

Edit: Actually my long sought after Porkins would be just the guy for such a kit!
  • Options

qf621boxt0vp.jpeg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It’s Overreaction Tuesday I see. Relax people.

#1 only Padme is immune to fear... not the whole team. That’s completely reasonable.

#2 while that new gear is currently behind a major paywall... it’s behind a paywall for everyone... not just you.

#3 eventually CG will introduce an event/content to get the new paywall gear as a reward without emptying your bank account. Book it! (Raid, TB Map, GA brackets, etc.)

#3 Huh? That's why people call some of the things -for whales-. Some will always have full access to whatever CG comes up with. Upto a point I never agreed with that take, CG was extremely careful not to fully enter that path, it was always in variation. However starting from the release of Chewie the inclinations of the overall game changed step by step in a steady climb.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb - if Padme goes first and uses cunning plan and then Darth Revan goes next and uses Insanity... will his fear land on all other GR allies other than Padme, or will everyone resist fear? What wins, the resists all debuffs with protection up, or Darth revan’s irresistible fear?

I would think that "Irresistable" wins out over "resists all debuffs" but who even knows at this point?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »

I would think that "Irresistable" wins out over "resists all debuffs" but who even knows at this point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKc5kgPVrA
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Resist wins out. Just like how han cant stun revan with his shoot first ability.

So since padme has a high 170 base speed, if she goes first with her basic (would have to be offense because ai wouldnt prioritize basic) wouldn't her whole team become immune to fear, cbm, fracture, isolate, and mark? Considering cbm stops the last 3 I figure immunity will as well.

Not sure how it's going to play out, but on paper it looks BROKEN
  • Options
    stacks on stacks on stacks on stacks ...
    It's amazing how the forum melts down every single time a new character is revealed. Just chill like Chewie, it will all be okay.
    qD9wxop.gif
    In 50 years, nobody will care.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »

I thought your comment was really random until I looked and noticed that Barris is also Galactic Republic. I hadn't noticed that.

Either way, I'm sure there will be great options to pair with Padme.
  • Options

Well since the ability does not state "immune" and specifically says they "resist," and DR's debuffs are "irresistable," that should mean that the DR debuffs override the "resist all debuffs" mechanic.

immune > irresistable > resist

We will know when we get the pudding.
  • Options
    If an attack does enough damage to remove the protection up will it then be able to land debuffs?

I.e. if the galactic Republic team has prot up, and DR uses force storm, if the damage from storm knocks off the protection up, will Shock land?
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus that is a lot of non-stacking buffs.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options

Well since the ability does not state "immune" and specifically says they "resist," and DR's debuffs are "irresistable," that should mean that the DR debuffs override the "resist all debuffs" mechanic.

immune > irresistable > resist

We will know when we get the pudding.

Good call out. And her kit specified that she is “immune to fear” so seems DR’s fear will still land, just not on Padme. Be good to see we how it plays out in reality
  • Options
    Lol immune to fear
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    Resist wins out. Just like how han cant stun revan with his shoot first ability.

So since padme has a high 170 base speed, if she goes first with her basic (would have to be offense because ai wouldnt prioritize basic) wouldn't her whole team become immune to fear, cbm, fracture, isolate, and mark? Considering cbm stops the last 3 I figure immunity will as well.

Revan doesn’t resist hans stun, read the kit. It says that stuns get turned into ferocity, so it is never resisting the stun, it is converting it.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Options

Dunno if you’ve heard but there’s this guy called Sion who removes all buffs, and prot up is a buff
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Tabub wrote: »

Revan doesn’t resist hans stun, read the kit. It says that stuns get turned into ferocity, so it is never resisting the stun, it is converting it.
    Revan resists stun, Darth Revan gains ferocity.
  • Options
    Halo wrote: »

Dunno if you’ve heard but there’s this guy called Sion who removes all buffs, and prot up is a buff

Yeabut Padme's Prot Up cannot be dispelled, so there's that.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »

Not at all. If you actually manage to get through the Protection Up buffs, zBarriss would keep them alive that much longer. I actually think she will be MORE useful with the 50% max health increase - as this will give larger health pools for zBarriss ability to come into play.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Dunno if you heard but kenobi auto taunts when protection up is lost, so good luck getting around that. Besides that padme, jka, ashoka, and whoever else they add all have ways of putting it back up, even gmy does it. And if it comes via padme unique cant be dispelled.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yeabut Padme's Prot Up cannot be dispelled, so there's that.

Only the prot up gained from her unique when someone attacks out of turn. All other instances can be
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Dunno if you heard but kenobi auto taunts when protection up is lost, so good luck getting around that. Besides that padme, jka, ashoka, and whoever else they add all have ways of putting it back up, even gmy does it. And if it comes via padme unique cant be dispelled.

See above response. A DR team generally doesn’t attack out of turn so the undispellable prot up won’t likely be a thing. I agree there’s a lot of way for them to gain it, but it’s hardly impossible to dispel it then hit them with fear or similar
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Erdmanski wrote: »

If this is true they just literally rock-paper-scissored the arena. Jkr will eat padme lead squads, and padme will eat dr. Its cool.

Since keeping JKR in the meta discussion is exactly what everyone wanted...

This is ridiculous that DR/Malak already gets a strong direct counter while JKR continues to go unchecked...

lol DR Malak nom nom noms JKR teams in 30 seconds...wat the heck else do you want ???
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options

See above response. A DR team generally doesn’t attack out of turn so the undispellable prot up won’t likely be a thing. I agree there’s a lot of way for them to gain it, but it’s hardly impossible to dispel it then hit them with fear or similar

But what dr team runs sion? Hes a huge liability now. Hes been off that squad since just after release. If you're not the fastest darth revan on the shard you need pre taunt from sit. Basti and hk are mandatory, malak is g12 with 2 Zetas, so theres no space for sion unless they increase to 6 slots.