So the talk about the new gear was a lie?

Replies

• Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    For real folks, why are people acting surprised? Like many others, I saw this coming. I'm not surprised, nor even disappointed, because this is EXACTLY what I was expecting. The writing was on the wall the whole time. You had to know the new paywall gear was going to be a part of every Legendary character from now on (in addition to Stun Guns, Goldeneye's... etc. etc. etc). Don't get me wrong, it is very frustrating, but are you really surprised? Did you for real think the new gear would be any other way?
  • Options
    This kind of makes the Jedi-Knight-Revan team the last F2P friendly team for any new players playing the game. After that whales have a monster advantage. Currently It will take F2P months to save enough crystals for all these new gear pieces.
  • Options
    without the new gear perhaps it would have taken 1000 stun guns, 1000 eye balls, & 1000 stun cuffs... so not a lie per se?
  • Options
    without the new gear perhaps it would have taken 1000 stun guns, 1000 eye balls, & 1000 stun cuffs... so not a lie per se?

Lol they should hire you to do their PR!
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I thought the point of the new gear was to reduce the bottleneck dependency on Stun Guns, gold balls etc

Well that's what I see posted here.

What's on reddit?
    https://old.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bj6utl/our_goal_with_introducing_these_new_pieces_is_to/em6ekzq/?context=1000

LOL

they literally address this complaint in reddit
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    All the devs have been communicating on reddit and its always silent here.

Edit: this forum is just a bulletin board to post things. You know like sticking a note on the frigde and walking away.
  • Options
    CG on the topic of gear:

haq0gtiz54i7.gif
  • Options
    9lkncmrm0crf.jpeg
    dc5tssa04sx2.jpeg

Say what?
  • Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    I almost spent 300 dollars a week ago after getting Darth revan past that stupid g9 hump with the new paywall gear. So I checked on what kind of gear g10 needs.. I saw another paywall(I call the new gear that requires 2800 Crystal's a paywall gear until it becomes farmable in a proper spot.) But I saw that and immediately got depressed about spending any money and didnt buy anything.. to be honest as long as they keep the paywall gear in my path I think it will save me a lot of money. Keep showing me how money hungry you are, really makes me not want to spend money it truly does, and soon a new geonosian is coming and j want to spend to max that flicker to God tier stuff so better stop soon.
    Good to see another whale turned non payer, glad to see CG is turning away their source of income and maybe it will benefit us all.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    9lkncmrm0crf.jpeg
    dc5tssa04sx2.jpeg

Say what?

also find it funny that they only require 4 carbantis instead of 6-7.
  • Options
    Nikodeemus wrote: »
    9lkncmrm0crf.jpeg
    dc5tssa04sx2.jpeg

Say what?

also find it funny that they only require 4 carbantis instead of 6-7.

The four carbantis are to make the stun guns.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, technically, they do diversify the bottleneck gear requirement. Instead of one bottleneck, there are two now...
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    They are deceptive but they are very honest for the most part

Deceptively honest or honestly deceptive? I can see it both ways to be honest...and deceptive.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

Deceptively honest or honestly deceptive? I can see it both ways to be honest...and deceptive.

They are trying to be as deceptive as possible without telling outright lies.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

They are trying to be as deceptive as possible without telling outright lies.

So what they tell us is true. From a certain point of view.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    0mlrrzuj1uvi.gif
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone has a boss. This boss cares. Just gonna leave this here...
    vy4vvo90acgj.jpeg
  • Peteskeet
    29 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    9lkncmrm0crf.jpeg
    dc5tssa04sx2.jpeg

Say what?

This is CG [Removed - CM] and telling us theyre doing it to improve our experience. Its one thing if it was difficult to acquire gear 13, but to do this to get a toon to gear 7? Rediculous. With 120 energy, you can expect 2 peices of this new gear thats only available from energy farming (sorry newly released droids) and witg crystals
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe this means that they'll be making stun guns more accessible like they did with cuffs and carbs?

Lol, well one can only dream :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I decided to stop spending after I got Malak, and this is making me feel pretty good about that decision. Just gonna go ahead and keep gearing up the older teams I've been neglecting for 6 months due to Revan-fever.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    cg lying? unbelievable...
    They don’t actually lie as often as people claim they do. The only other time they came close to lying was pinning the blame of community style TW on us.

You could argue part of the community that didn’t have JKR and were complaining that TW sucks against a wall of JKR wanted him banned so it wasn’t a lie from a certain point view

except instead of banning one or two major toons that the community asked for they went too far and banned over 30 toons

Over here there is no excuse, from what I can tell

Not true... they removed a very useful piece of gear from tank rewards claiming it was useless and players no longer needed it.
  • Options
    Hey all, we've found an issue with Padmé's gear and the team will address tomorrow! Stay tuned.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    To all you, why do you people complain on the forums people, well this is why, sometimes ppl need a kick in the pants to see things correctly
  • Bauhaus
    53 posts Member
    Options
    NEWSFLASH: Money-grubbing company lies to cover up their money-grubbing scheme. Playerbase falls for it. Hilarity ensues.
  • fletchmars
    156 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    erik just posted ab it
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hey all, we've found an issue with Padmé's gear and the team will address tomorrow! Stay tuned.
    Thanks!
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »

Tomorrow never comes.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
This discussion has been closed.