Padme event will be impossible to unlock @ 7* without Grievous droid squad

Prev1
Jamerson
74 posts Member
edited May 2019
I tested out some lineups with dooku, bugs, and Assaj in Territory Battles. Not enough sustain to handle any significant damage. No real healer besides Assaj but that is only a self heal. Bummer you will probably need a maxed zeta Grievous lineup to even have a chance at 7*
Post edited by Jamerson on

Replies

• MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Man I seriously hope the may 4th gift will include a full zeta, that way I can zeta GG's leadership, only have his unique down so far to use under HK. I'm also tantalizingly close to g12 now. Only need either Droideka, B1 or B2 at 5* and I reckon I'd be good for a 5* unlock... Lineup would be 7* g12 zzGG, 7* g10 Dooku, 5* g9 Asajj, 5-6* g9 Magnaguard, and 5* g8-9 B1/B2/Droideka. I have most of the GG HP boosting gear for g12 ready for use, so I reckon he should be able to more or less carry the whole thing at g12 with some 60k hp and other reasonble mods. Might take a couple of tries but GG does hit insanely hard once he gets going with those bonus turns and can wipe out literally anything like it's nothing in the right circumstances. So yeah for me it's mostly about racing GG to g12 and whichever bot I go for to 5* in time for the event. I'm leaning towards Droideka because of the awesome-factor, but seeing as B1 may or may not be a crucial key toon I don't know. But then I am counting on GG to just steamroll the whole fifth tier so yeah.

The real question is whether or not I care about Padme at all, with all the new gear and ability mats that would go into her to make her viable for GA/TW, I mean I already have a ****-ton of characters to work on, not to mention Darth Revan and eventually Malak loom on the horizon... When I realized my zPalps was outdated and I wouldn't get DR until the second time around, I decided to work on my Grievous team as a counter to be able to take at least sub 200 in arena and if things go well I might break top 50. I already have Dooku at 7* with a steady foundation and Asajj will be 7* very soon as soon as I get those last 15 shards for HK. So yeah my budding seperatist team is being treated to some serious love right now in any case, the question if If I'm going to rush it and maybe have to whale out on the droid packs to get it in time though, for a character that may or may not be good, but definitely will be another resource well... I don't know really. Droideka would be the closest one I have and it's at 8/65 shards or something, it would take some effort.
  • Options
    Oh and I'd like to add, that the event should be perfectly beatable without a maxed grievous, but you are almost certain to need characters like the new/reworked characters like B1, B2, an Droideka, maybe not all of them but at lease B1 for heals and B2 for debuffs, but if you have Asajj on the lineup then Droideka would probably be the better choice. So other than the new droids, you have other seps like Sun Fac, Dooku, and Asajj that should be viable.

However, since they just now today teased both a Nute overhaul and a Dooku touch-up(yay this made my day), it might make sense for them to release those two not only before the new TB, but before the padme event.
    Just think about it, if they released them after, the event would be much easier to complete next time around, so what's the point? Naturally they wouldn't just tell it to us right away because that would mean less people buying droid packs, which means less money to CG, which DIRECTLY translates to less ////Awesome for us. I'm not saying doing that would be sneaky, but I really am perfectly fine with CG being sneaky money-wise, so long as they stay within ethical boundaries. The recent Malak event might've pushed it a little, but CG has their evil greedy EA overlords to please, and even though Malak was a huge money grab in many ways, at the same time I was in a high end guild as a ticket producer, pretty much everyone there were over 4m gp and over half of them got malak to g12 7* before the event was over. Most of these weren't even whales, but just really dedicated long-time players. I derailed there a little but yeah.

If they release the Dooku and Nute overhauls before the event... Then I think this is going to be quite fun, with a very diverse array of setups being able to beat this event. Just sayin' @CG_Erik ;)
  • Jamerson
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I meant droids will be mandatory for a 7* unlock. 5* you should be able to handle with a mixed lineup. Good luck. I'm gonna try to work on droideka, but not looking possible this time around.....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Just think about it, if they released them after, the event would be much easier to complete next time around, so what's the point?

The new character being more difficult to obtain the first time around IS the point.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Actually i thought it might need all separatists. Different tier would need different separatists. Then they can make even more money and make more people angry.
  • Yotommy
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Let the RNG God guide you in your hour(s) of need.....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    If you think about it dooku/assaj/gg/ig100 all have stun mechanics with two of them having 0 cooldown. Might need to dust off those potency mod sets and we could potentially have a squad capable of stun locking the majority of the other team in the tier 7 event

Except that they resist all debuffs when they have protection up (or tenacity up from Kenobi).
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Jamerson wrote: »
    I tested out some lineups with dooku, bugs, and Assaj in Territory Battles. Not enough sustain to handle any significant damage. No real healer besides Assaj but that is only a self heal. Bummer you will probably need a maxed zeta Grievous lineup to even have a chance

Lucky for you, Greivous has been free to play since the beginning of the game.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I tested out some lineups with dooku, bugs, and Assaj in Territory Battles. Not enough sustain to handle any significant damage. No real healer besides Assaj but that is only a self heal. Bummer you will probably need a maxed zeta Grievous lineup to even have a chance

Lucky for you, Greivous has been free to play since the beginning of the game.

Actually, he wasn't added until about 5 months after launch. And for a year and a half he was shard shop only, at a time when you got far less currency.

Don't know what you tell you, other than we know it is possible without the new droids. Harder without them, but not impossible.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    ils2nfa0jhka.jpg
  • Jamerson
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    ils2nfa0jhka.jpg

Fair enough. We'll see.
  • Whatelse73
    2164 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be curious to see what the percentage was of people who got 7* chewie with the "old" BH during those events. I'm gonna take a stab it was around 0.5 to 1% of players attempting to get 7* chewie.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure within a couple days, there will be a bevy of YouTube videos on how to get Padme without B1 or Droideka.
    Still not a he.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    sg9xa5cni5jr.jpeg
    Hope these can get me her at 7* without needing droideka.
    Feeling confident I can put something together with droideka.
  • Options
    Do you guys think this'll unlock her?

p0rwiro8qv6w.png
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    If you think about it dooku/assaj/gg/ig100 all have stun mechanics with two of them having 0 cooldown. Might need to dust off those potency mod sets and we could potentially have a squad capable of stun locking the majority of the other team in the tier 7 event

Dooku lead is going to BE WORTHLESS when toons accuraccy will be bumped to 9,000,0000,000 percent

Tenacity to 3,000,0000 percent
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Depends if the rework dooku gets gives him a good leader I mean +15% evasion and give offense up (2 turns) for evade is awful.
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    Options
    If g8 and some zetas/g10 with no zetas can get DR there’s no way g12 with nice mods ANY separatist wont be able to get padme who’s not even meta impact.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    If g8 and some zetas/g10 with no zetas can get DR there’s no way g12 with nice mods ANY separatist wont be able to get padme who’s not even meta impact.

You're sure she won't impact the meta? Also the revan events are about getting the req toons, not gearing them. Padme event will be more about gear/Zetas and there will probabaly be a couple toons that make it easier.
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

You're sure she won't impact the meta? Also the revan events are about getting the req toons, not gearing them. Padme event will be more about gear/Zetas and there will probabaly be a couple toons that make it easier.

I’m almost 100% positive. There is 0 chance padme will dethrone DR+Malak. The testers have even said she still struggles against Malak. She does fair well against DR without Malak tho. DR+Malak will be meta until the new movie characters + their legendary come out or shortly after the 2nd coming of them. And as it gets closer to their 2nd coming a soft counter will come out and then a semi hard counter.